PDA

View Full Version : A Dodgy E-mail

baccyman
03-01-2004, 12:47 AM
i am just letting you know that i got an e-mail that was supposed to have been a returned e-mail from NTL admin . that i did not send . the address on the returned e-mail was one that i don't know and it also had attachments with it one was a dat file . it looked a bit suspicious to me so i deleted it .
i thought i would give you a warning about this just incase it was a virus being sent disguised as being from NTL.

bigboab
03-01-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by baccy_man@1 March 2004 - 00:47
i am just letting you know that i got an e-mail that was supposed to have been a returned e-mail from NTL admin . that i did not send . the address on the returned e-mail was one that i don't know and it also had attachments with it one was a dat file . it looked a bit suspicious to me so i deleted it .
i thought i would give you a warning about this just incase it was a virus being sent disguised as being from NTL.
Thanks Baccy. We need a snout in here. :ph34r:

Joob Joob will like that pun. :lol:

bujub22
03-01-2004, 01:33 AM
:angry: :angry:

seiya_33
03-01-2004, 04:20 AM
i just had to restore my pc cuz i got a similar email , but mine was from klite something cant remember the name , my norton and firewall couldnt do anything.
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

muchspl2
03-01-2004, 04:36 AM
what does that tell you about your antivirus, maybe you shouldn't let it happen again, change AV's