PDA

View Full Version : Gta: San Andreas

dinner123
03-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Rockstar Games announces that it will release Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas exclusively for the PlayStation 2 in October.

After registering a number of potential Grand Theft Auto titles earlier this year, Rockstar Games has today confirmed that the next game in the series will be Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. A PlayStation 2 exclusive, the game is currently scheduled for release in North America on October 19, and in Europe on October 22.

"In the past couple of years, we have put an enormous amount of pressure on ourselves to ensure we do everything possible to exceed people's expectations with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," said Sam Houser, president of Rockstar Games. "Even though we still have eight months to go, we are starting to become very proud of what we have achieved and we can't wait to get the game into players' hands."

"We are extremely humbled by the success of the Grand Theft Auto series and it has made us push ourselves further than ever to create a title in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that will hopefully redefine the Grand Theft Auto series and revolutionize open-ended gameplay and video game production values," added Leslie Benzies, president of Rockstar North.

Source:Gamespot PS2 Games (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/gta4/news_6090315.html)

Cant wait to get my hands on this :drool:

Manny Roscoe
03-01-2004, 09:08 PM
:clap: :clap: :beerchug:

TARPD
03-01-2004, 11:00 PM
playstation2 exclusive :o ? it'll be on the pc within a month :D :01:

abu_has_the_power
03-01-2004, 11:01 PM
so it is san andreas. cheers!

TARPD
03-01-2004, 11:09 PM
please dont let it be set before 1990... please! :unsure:

Manny Roscoe
03-01-2004, 11:22 PM
It'll most likely be set present day....

TARPD
03-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by TARPD@1 March 2004 - 23:09
please dont let it be set before 1990... please! :unsure:
nor after 2008

if its modern day, mr rockstar i'll even pay for this one ;)

Bowen747x
03-02-2004, 02:51 PM
lol @ tarpd, by the way, liberty city and vice city took about 6months b4 it was on pc after the initial release.

86rx74life
03-02-2004, 03:49 PM
good if its modern time but VC was cool

Wallace_Askew
03-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by 86rx74life@2 March 2004 - 09:49
good if its modern time but VC was cool
Vice city was badass, modern time would be sweet! Can't wait to see all the new weapons and rides :D

AzNsMaRtGuY333
03-03-2004, 01:52 AM
I'm Rick James BITCH.........Dave Chappelle. I LOVE THAT MAN

THIS IS COMPLETELY UNRELATED, I KNOW

abu_has_the_power
03-03-2004, 01:58 AM
wat kind of vehicles could the have? they've already covered cars, motocycles, boats, heli's, and planes. wat else could they have?

iMartin
03-03-2004, 02:51 AM
Is it going to be online? Please say it's going to be online :unsure:

Nightwolf
03-03-2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@2 March 2004 - 20:58
wat kind of vehicles could the have? they've already covered cars, motocycles, boats, heli's, and planes. wat else could they have?

For starters, I think it should have every vehicle from both GTA3 and Vice City (except the damn Perrenial). Then maybe a submarine and a fighter jet would be cool too.

abu_has_the_power
03-03-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Nightwolf+2 March 2004 - 22:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nightwolf @ 2 March 2004 - 22:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@2 March 2004 - 20:58
wat kind of vehicles could the have? they&#39;ve already covered cars, motocycles, boats, heli&#39;s, and planes. wat else could they have?

For starters, I think it should have every vehicle from both GTA3 and Vice City (except the damn Perrenial). Then maybe a submarine and a fighter jet would be cool too. [/b][/quote]
waht good would a fighter jet do? they go so fast u&#39;d be flying across the entire city in a few seconds. wat good will that do?

i wonder wat cars would be in it???? or maybe they&#39;ll just make everything highly detailed

CadeLaguana
03-03-2004, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+2 March 2004 - 21:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 2 March 2004 - 21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Nightwolf@2 March 2004 - 22:01
<!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@2 March 2004 - 20:58
wat kind of vehicles could the have? they&#39;ve already covered cars, motocycles, boats, heli&#39;s, and planes. wat else could they have?

For starters, I think it should have every vehicle from both GTA3 and Vice City (except the damn Perrenial). Then maybe a submarine and a fighter jet would be cool too.
waht good would a fighter jet do? they go so fast u&#39;d be flying across the entire city in a few seconds. wat good will that do?

i wonder wat cars would be in it???? or maybe they&#39;ll just make everything highly detailed [/b][/quote]
I wouldn&#39;t mind a harrier. If the city was just big enough, on a very large scale, a jet wouldn&#39;t be so bad. I wanna drop bombs on some bitches. No gang will mess with me, I&#39;ll have a harrier in my backyard ;) :D .

abu_has_the_power
03-03-2004, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by CadeLaguana+2 March 2004 - 22:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CadeLaguana @ 2 March 2004 - 22:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@2 March 2004 - 21:10

Originally posted by Nightwolf@2 March 2004 - 22:01
<!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@2 March 2004 - 20:58

i wonder wat cars would be in it???? or maybe they&#39;ll just make everything highly detailed
I wouldn&#39;t mind a harrier. If the city was just big enough, on a very large scale, a jet wouldn&#39;t be so bad. I wanna drop bombs on some bitches. No gang will mess with me, I&#39;ll have a harrier in my backyard ;) :D . [/b][/quote]
lol. but harriers are more for airal (can&#39;t speeel) battles. hey hey. maybe now the gangs will have their own figher jets, and some missions will require u to fly around and kill ppl in the air. that could be interesting

Nightwolf
03-03-2004, 01:55 PM
I was just trying to think of vehicles they haven&#39;t used before. How about a cool James Bond/Spyhunter type car that can fire missiles and leave smoke screens and oil slicks.

Even better, how about the Mach 5 from Speed Racer&#33; Circular saw blades can come out of the hood to mow down pedestrians, and it can even drive under water&#33;

Okay, maybe not.

podgey
03-03-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Nightwolf@3 March 2004 - 13:55
I was just trying to think of vehicles they haven&#39;t used before.&nbsp; How about a cool James Bond/Spyhunter type car that can fire missiles and leave smoke screens and oil slicks.

Even better, how about the Mach 5 from Speed Racer&#33;&nbsp; Circular saw blades can come out of the hood to mow down pedestrians, and it can even drive under water&#33;

Okay, maybe not.
you could use oil slicks and get guns installed on ya car on gta2

could be a possibility for san andreas

TARPD
03-03-2004, 03:15 PM
multple gangs like on gta2

spelunker121
03-05-2004, 03:49 AM
spurt......spurt.......spurt.......spurt..........spurt......spurt.......spurt.......spurt..........spurt......spurt.......spurt.......spurt..........spurt......spurt.......spurt.......spurt..........spurt......spurt.......spurt.......spurt..........&#33;

AAahhhhhhh.......I need a mop after that&#33;

I will actually BUY that one&#33;

abu_has_the_power
03-05-2004, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by podgey+3 March 2004 - 09:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (podgey @ 3 March 2004 - 09:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nightwolf@3 March 2004 - 13:55
I was just trying to think of vehicles they haven&#39;t used before. How about a cool James Bond/Spyhunter type car that can fire missiles and leave smoke screens and oil slicks.

Even better, how about the Mach 5 from Speed Racer&#33; Circular saw blades can come out of the hood to mow down pedestrians, and it can even drive under water&#33;

Okay, maybe not.
you could use oil slicks and get guns installed on ya car on gta2

could be a possibility for san andreas [/b][/quote]
i heard somewhere they&#39;re considering doing that for andreas. can&#39;t remember where i heard it. it was last year

Twist3r
03-05-2004, 04:23 AM
bicycles&#33;&#33;&#33; :01: lol and repsect for gangs like on gta2

Wolfmight
03-05-2004, 05:04 AM
I hope these two hideouts are in the game:

A fully detailed and pretty interactive little house way high up in the sky above a city. (in snipeing range). After special missions, you can get a set of some different types of sniper guns. One with multi fire but some recoil, another normal sharpshooter, and a nightvision rifle for late in the dark.

The other house should be underwater. This house should have a submarine with some torpedos and guns to fire boats off the surface. There should be alot more marine life to the point where you see it half of the time. The underwater house should have some nice sceneary because of some glass window walls.

I also hope you could possibly have skateboarding, scootering, and rollerblades (Vice city had rollerskates). You should be able to obtain the scooter or skateboard by nocking the people off, but they should be the slowest method of travel (they realism and fun). The rollerblades should require you to kill the person, then they apear floating around like an item. You have to some kind of key combo to take em off, but they will make your normal walking much faster and he never gets tired 10 times slower than sprinting.

CadeLaguana
03-05-2004, 08:36 AM
I have heard that it will be a cross between L.A and San Fransisco. In gta2, in san andreas, there was a golden gate bridge, so I imagine it will be the same. I wouldn&#39;t mind the ability to climb ladders. Maybe I can get up high on the golden gate bridge and do a little sniping. I want more of those parked car missions...those were great. If they do make parked car missions, I hope they are at random. I wouldn&#39;t mind going over to gang territory and get into one of there cars, only to blow up. Then you realize, maybe the opposing gang set that bomb for someone else ;) :D

Manny Roscoe
03-05-2004, 11:07 AM
So many great ideas....only a few will be executed.... :ph34r: