PDA

View Full Version : Shit, I Missed My Own Anniversary

hobbes
03-04-2004, 05:05 AM
I've been here a year and I must say that I am far the richer for it. Ups and downs, disagreements and flames, I have learned more in a year than I could have ever hoped at any academic institution.

Thanks to everyone for enriching my life and let's carry on with this fun and this serious avenue of international communication into the future.

Once we can appreciate that an American Hobbes and an Iraqi Attisha are just indivduals looking to find peace and happiness while on Earth, the more the walls of ignorance will collapse.

People are people, my experiences here confirm that.

NikkiD
03-04-2004, 05:12 AM
The board is a better place for having you here, hobbes. http://www.cains-cottage.co.uk/smileys/kisss.gif

Happy belated anniversary. :)

internet.news
03-04-2004, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by NikkiD@4 March 2004 - 04:12
The board is a better place for having you here, hobbes. http://www.cains-cottage.co.uk/smileys/kisss.gif

Happy belated anniversary. :)
agreed :)

.......although add 4mins onto that "belatedly" thing

edit - apart from that damn "lounge memories" thread :frusty: :P

clocker
03-04-2004, 05:29 AM
Didn't you get my flowers?

h1
03-04-2004, 05:30 AM
:ninja: Damn hobbes, I missed mine too. :ghostface:

hobbes
03-04-2004, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by clocker@4 March 2004 - 06:29
Didn't you get my flowers?
I did. I ate them, and i had no idea what they were for as I ate the card as well.

I am mailing you back some pellets as a token of my appreciation.

Virtualbody1234
03-04-2004, 05:32 AM
Its good to see some oldtimers still around.

Congratulations, hobbes. :)

clocker
03-04-2004, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@3 March 2004 - 21:31

I am mailing you back some pellets as a token of my appreciation.
I shall treasure them forever.

Along with all the others I am still discovering from your last visit.

j2k4
03-04-2004, 06:01 AM
Happy anniversary, buddy. :)

I would say, after a year, that you've swallowed the hook, huh? :D

This is a rich place, and you are one of the main reasons this is so.

You lend a certain structural integrity, as well as a refined sense of moral corruption and putrescence. :lol:

No shit; glad you stayed, man-for a long time, I didn't think you would, but a long time became a longer time, and here we all are.

Cool, huh? :)

thewizeard
03-04-2004, 06:17 AM
I can hardly believe we have managed to "put" up with you for a year and still remain here! Well done every one... ;)

Seriously though, congratulations, I for one have been enriched with your input...thanks for that! :)

internet.news
03-04-2004, 06:19 AM
..and you seem to now a hell of alot about hip hop

j2k4
03-04-2004, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by samsamsamsam@4 March 2004 - 03:19
..and you seem to now a hell of alot about hip hop
Hobbes suffers from chronic boogie fever. ;)

internet.weather
03-04-2004, 09:02 AM
And to think, people's first reaction was to skin you for use as part of a coat. The tall chap with the chrome dome was even close to doing it. What gems of conversational brilliance would have been lost to the board ?

J'Pol
03-04-2004, 09:09 AM
Indeed bunny boy, I would so much have missed our wee chats. Long may you continue ensuring the moral well-being of those who bask, yes bask, in your reflected brilliance. To err is human, to shine hobbesian.

chalice
03-04-2004, 10:03 AM
Well done, Hobbes.

A buck rabbit reaches sexual maturity after seven months so I'd put you well on the way to your second litter.

However, certain guidelines must be adhered to. We don't want Watership Down in the lounge....

Research indicates that bucks start to lose fertility when temperatures exceed 85º F and the loss is extensive when temperatures exceed 90º F. It appears that older bucks are more affected than junior bucks. Bucks are affected before does are affected, so keep bucks in the coolest part of the rabbitry. Keep a good supply of young bucks for use during hot weather. Breed during the cooler portion of the day. Morning is best, but late evening is acceptable.

A fall slump is also often noticed. This phenomenon is often the result of summer's high temperatures, but can also be related to the natural reluctance of rabbits to produce young in the fall and early winter. Good records allow producers to identify these suspect breeders and cull them to reduce the problem. Do not obtain replacements from does with histories of fall breeding slumps.

RGX
03-04-2004, 11:07 AM
Good to see your still around hobbes, the board wouldn't be the same without you. :)

MagicNakor
03-04-2004, 01:07 PM
Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes. They've got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses. And what's with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?

:ninja:

Wizard_Mon1
03-04-2004, 01:39 PM
A whole year of hobbes, luckily i have only been here for a quarter of your reign but in that time i have enjoyed our 'discussions'. I definatly feel that you are a valuable asset to this board, so long may your reign continue. :beerchug: :flowers:

j2k4
03-04-2004, 04:10 PM
That settles it.

Hobbes, you must leave Texas for cooler climes. ;)

Your fertility dictates this, in no uncertain terms! :)

hobbes
03-05-2004, 02:10 AM
Just in from work, I appreciate the comments, especially because I value the opinions of those who have made them.

As for my fertility problems which will manifest come Summer, perhaps I can overcome this with more "at bats".

Lamsey
03-05-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by j2k4@4 March 2004 - 15:10
That settles it.

Hobbes, you must leave Texas for cooler climes. ;)

Your fertility dictates this, in no uncertain terms! :)
Alaska ought to do nicely :lol:

On a more serious note - it's been fun listening to you rabbiting on this past year (sorry - poor, I know - it's 2:10AM here), and I don't doubt it will be fun as you continue to post hare (I also can't believe I posted that :huh: ).

edited to remove foolish comment which should have been directed at someone else :blink:

oldmancan
03-05-2004, 07:55 PM
Many Happy Returns there Hobbes.

I definitely regard you as one of the highlights of the forum.

I sifted through some old threads. I dug up a few treasures. Any idea where these came from or in which order?

Some people are an acquired taste.

Don't disrespect ole Hobbes, I am my own man, and my posts reflect this.

Why would Canadas' opinion on anything matter? When I think of Canada, I think of nothing.

I actually don't read it. My eyes kind of gloss over and I stare at the pretty pictures as drool spindles from my slack agape mouth onto the strategically placed bib they have wrapped me in.

And whatever Clocker is posting, I certainly didn't do that!!!

The meaning of life is so simple and obvious that we all ignore it.

Can we talk about "boobies", now?

I wish my mom wouldn't put me to bed so early, I miss all the good stuff!

:beerchug: omc

j2k4
03-05-2004, 09:04 PM
I recognize most of those, OMC.

Kinda the way I think about Hobbes, too; especially the "meaning of life" thread-it's where Hobbes and I met.

We had quite a time then, and still do. :)