PDA

View Full Version : Emule Or Kazaa?

spelunker121
03-05-2004, 03:44 AM
Hi Board,

I am currently using Kazaa v2.4.3 Build 1

I like the "Security features" that Kazza claims to have
(I.P blocker,hide files,blah,blahblah...) But It is starting to SUCK! what with all the fakes, viruse and trojans, and everything else.

I have seen alot of posts suggesting that Emule is much better.
Does Emule have similar features????
Could some PLEASE summerize the benifits/detrimints of this program Vs. Kazaa?

I would really appreciate it, Thanxxxx in advance.

Remember.....sharing is caring!

powerstick
03-05-2004, 08:21 AM
Get Overnet Read This Page And The Next About What To Get EMule Or Overnet (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=100127) -------------------------- Loader (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=100127&st=15)

Try Out SoulSeek for Music and tell us how it is. Overnet is not the best for music. PPl don't share much music on her. I don't know why. I know I do. I have 15 gigs of mp3's shared on here.

MUSLEMAN
03-05-2004, 03:54 PM
overnet :lol:

BigBank_Hank
03-05-2004, 05:40 PM
Overnet all the way man. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and love it. The speeds are great, and I have yet to dl a fake file. I tried out emule but it was way to slow so I started looking for something else and that when I started using Overnet. I read a bunch of the threads in the emule section and decided to give it a try and never looked back.

supernico
03-06-2004, 02:12 AM
just do what i did, when I was asking myselfd the same question. Use overnet and kazaa together....after a while you willnotice that you never use kazaa anymore just because overnet is better. But I admit music is a bit harder to get on overnet. But if you want a lot of music you better switch to soulseek or blubster anyway. especially blubster has amazing speeds for music, easily 150 Kb-s for a music file.

Arathorn
03-06-2004, 01:03 PM
eMule with Kad is the best. ;)
But for single mp3's I use Piolet with Kazaa as last resort.

rrtn
03-06-2004, 01:07 PM
Why does it have to be KaZaA or eMule?
u should have 1 client for each network, and since kazaa and emule r not the same...USE BOTH! :lol:

Formula1
03-06-2004, 01:25 PM
Kazaa, cause eMule is really slow and it really pisses me of, you can download a file alot faster on it...

thisiswhoweare
03-06-2004, 01:56 PM
emule and then overnet runner up.
Ive always get faster speeds and always get found sources for the files i want compared to kazaa

supersonic
03-06-2004, 06:01 PM
I've used all (except soulseek) and I must say that Shareaza can be a replacement for emule, since it supports G1/G2/ED2K/ and BT, and use Mamouth for FT.

MUSLEMAN
03-06-2004, 09:53 PM
overnet everything else is a waist of time :lol: :01: