03-05-2004, 11:00 PM
guilty on all 4 counts http://members.cox.net/dodger1954/owned.gif
bitch deserves all she gets

bujub22
03-05-2004, 11:00 PM
:lol: :lol: for real??

Canti
03-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Yeah well we'll see what happens during sentencing, and where she has to serve her time...

I don't expect her to be treated like a normal criminal even though shes being made an example of...

I bet she'll get a cush gig to do her time in..

Aaron_T
03-05-2004, 11:05 PM
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Azzz

z
z

z
z
z
z
z
z
z
z
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

muchspl2
03-05-2004, 11:05 PM
I'd bet 16 months or more plus a fine here is a news clip:

Martha Stewart Convicted of All Counts
By ERIN McCLAM
Associated Press Writer
Published March 5, 2004, 2:18 PM CST

NEW YORK -- Martha Stewart was convicted Friday of obstructing justice and lying to the government about a superbly timed stock sale, a devastating verdict that probably means prison for the woman who epitomizes meticulous homemaking and gracious living.

Stewart was found guilty of conspiracy, making false statements and obstruction of justice. The charges carry up to 20 years in prison, but she will most certainly get much less than that under federal sentencing guidelines.

Her ex-stockbroker, Peter Bacanovic, 41, was convicted on charges that included conspiracy, perjury and obstruction of justice, but was acquitted of making a false statement.

The jury of eight women and four men reached the verdicts on the third day of deliberations in the case.

Trading in her company, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, was halted after the verdict. Earlier the stock shot up on word of a verdict.

The charges centered on why Stewart dumped about $228,000 worth of ImClone Systems stock on Dec. 27, 2001, just a day before it was announced that the Food and Drug Administration had rejected ImClone's application for approval of a cancer drug. The announcement sent ImClone's stock plummeting.

Stewart and Bacanovic claimed they had a standing agreement to sell when the price fell below $60. But the government contended that was a phony cover story and that Stewart sold because she was tipped by her broker that ImClone CEO Sam Waksal was frantically trying to dump his own holdings.

Waksal later admitted selling his stock based on advance word of the FDA decision. He is serving seven years in prison for insider trading.
Copyright © 2004, The Associated Press

4th gen
03-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Who is she anyway?

Canti
03-05-2004, 11:10 PM
Man dont you know anything?
She's a sex therapist.

muchspl2
03-05-2004, 11:12 PM
http://members.cox.net/ot_space/marthajail.jpg
http://www.markshannon.com/MarthaStewartJail.jpg

4th gen
03-05-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Canti@5 March 2004 - 22:10
Man dont you know anything?
She's a sex therapist.
Just like your mum?

Busyman
03-05-2004, 11:58 PM
I'm amazed that people hate her so much.
It's a bunch of hype.

Any one of you would have sold that stock too.

If you got a tip that YOUR stock was going to tank you mean to tell me that you would just LOSE the money.

BULLSHIT!!!

On the same token I hope she gets the time in jail due to the conviction. I don't want to see another Winona Ryder "I get no jail time because I'm rich shit" either.