PDA

View Full Version : Problems

BROCKSTER
03-07-2003, 09:48 PM
i have a movie in a bin and last time i tryed to covert one i ruined it coz i converted it in tmpengc thing but after the sounds was bearly there wot shud i do to convert this one??

thanks for any help :D

D_Shane
03-07-2003, 10:05 PM
a bin file is like an iso.. supposed to burn to a disk, or create a virtual drive and put it there. The virtual drive acts like a rom drive letting you keep the file on hard drive but thinks its a disk.

Or did you mean something else when you tried to convert it

Chilly
03-07-2003, 10:11 PM
Why dont you copy it somewhere safe and play around with the other one :unsure:

That way it does'nt matter if you fu*k it up :P

BROCKSTER
03-07-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by D_Shane@7 March 2003 - 23:05
a bin file is like an iso.. supposed to burn to a disk, or create a virtual drive and put it there. The virtual drive acts like a rom drive letting you keep the file on hard drive but thinks its a disk.

look man no offense but i asked a totally different question i know how to burn cues and bins in deamon tools thanks

BROCKSTER
03-07-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Chilly@7 March 2003 - 23:11
Why dont you copy it somewhere safe and play around with the other one :unsure:

That way it does'nt matter if you fu*k it up :P
yer i know but not much space to duplicate id rather get it right first time :D

neevakee
03-07-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by BROCKSTER+7 March 2003 - 16:14--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BROCKSTER @ 7 March 2003 - 16:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--D_Shane@7 March 2003 - 23:05
a bin file is like an iso.. supposed to burn to a disk,&nbsp; or create a virtual drive and put it there.&nbsp; The virtual drive acts like a rom drive letting you keep the file on hard drive but thinks its a disk.

look man no offense but i asked a totally different question i know how to burn cues and bins in deamon tools thanks [/b][/quote]
this may not, a proably is not the answer, but i would extract it using winiso and then convert it that may prevent that problem other than that i don&#39;t know. You proably knew this and i am sry, but i rather try to help than not help at all

BROCKSTER
03-07-2003, 10:21 PM
no i did not know this thanks it was a lot better than the other guy :lol:

i might try that

neevakee
03-07-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by BROCKSTER@7 March 2003 - 16:21
no i did not know this thanks it was a lot better than the other guy :lol:

i might try that
glad to help, you will have the orginal bin file on your computer along with the movie file just to let you know, but you proably knew that

BROCKSTER
03-07-2003, 10:29 PM
yer i know but convertin it this way doees it loose quality??? i really cant loose quality :D

neevakee
03-07-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by BROCKSTER@7 March 2003 - 16:29
yer i know but convertin it this way doees it loose quality??? i really cant loose quality :D
well, you shouldn&#39;t this way, it is just extracting the files from the BIN file, so you would see the files the files and extract them so it is no longer a BIN file but an avi file. If this dosen&#39;t work could you post the file name it might help me.

Jibbler
03-08-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by BROCKSTER@7 March 2003 - 16:48
i have a movie in a bin and last time i tryed to covert one i ruined it coz i converted it in tmpengc thing but after the sounds was bearly there wot shud i do to convert this one??
You can&#39;t use TMPGEnc to re-encode a .bin file. That program is for convert .avi, divx, mpeg, etc... movie files, not computer files.

Why not burn it to a disk and watch it? I never could understand why people need to convert files? Just download it in the format that you need. No conversion needed.--

Jibbler

BROCKSTER
03-08-2003, 12:41 PM
i want to convert it all spo i can share it better
:P

DARKSHADOW
03-08-2003, 02:06 PM
BROCKSTER
Have a scout around for a prog called vcdgear which comverts bin files 2 mpeg etc.
hope this helps :)

BROCKSTER
03-08-2003, 04:18 PM
thats the kinda thing i want is it a straight converter??no loss of quality??

BROCKSTER
03-08-2003, 04:34 PM
is this the only proggy that does this???

DARKSHADOW
03-08-2003, 04:58 PM
BROCKSTER
To tell u the truth i,m not sure ,i dont deal with bin files much,but u could try this site out

http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom.../cd_utils.shtml (http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils.shtml)

i,m only on 56k so i cant d/l alot of *.bin to big anyway good luck on your quest&#33;&#33; :)

BROCKSTER
03-08-2003, 08:18 PM
i converted it to iso and it sed it was corrupt is there not a program that can conver straight to like mpeg or anyother format other than bin or iso is this not possible ??

BROCKSTER
03-09-2003, 10:24 AM
do i take that as a no??? :wacko:

stoi
03-09-2003, 10:32 AM
brockster, have you tried using cdmage on the iso that it said was corrupt, it might be able to fix it, i dont understand why it would be corrupt though by just converting it from .bin to .iso with winiso, you might want to use cdmage on the .bin as well just to make sure thats ok.

hope this helps.

stoi