PDA

View Full Version : Burning Gamecube Games

DWells55
03-07-2004, 03:18 AM
I have a GameCube and a bunch of games. Unfortunately, I also have a little brother who doesn't understand what putting a game back in the case means. A lot of my games got scratched pretty bad. Is there anyway I can make back-up copies of the GCN games I own and let my brother play those and those to friends houses?

abu_has_the_power
03-07-2004, 03:19 AM
yes. but u need special discs. there's a bunch o game images on suprnova.org

DWells55
03-07-2004, 03:27 AM
Do you think you could elaborate a little bit?
1. What are these special discs? How much are they and where do I get them? Also, my burner is a DVD+RW
2. Will I need to get a mod chip for my GameCube? Or can I get a boot disc?
3. I don't want to download games. They take way too long, and it's probably a lot more illegal that burning games I already own. Is there a way I could copy the games I have?
4. Is this process difficult to do? I've burned DreamCast games before, is this more difficult?

Thank you for your quick reply and any follow-ups will be greatly appreciated. I'm so sick of seeing ym brother carelessly handle discs and wind up scratching them...

abu_has_the_power
03-07-2004, 04:08 AM
could be. u need a mod chip. i'm not sure wat the name of those small discs are called.

DWells55
03-07-2004, 04:50 AM
Hwere can I get a GameCube modchip? Also, I heard something about streaming the games over a network. How would this work?

muchspl2
03-07-2004, 04:53 AM
thats the only way I know, I'm pretty sure you cannot make a hard copy

abu_has_the_power
03-07-2004, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@6 March 2004 - 23:53
thats the only way I know, I'm pretty sure you cannot make a hard copy
then how do those guys make images? if u can make images,u can burn the images that u make onto another disc

KazaaBoy
03-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Let me put this so everyone can understand why you can't burn GameCube games.

The GameCube CD's are 1.5 GB in size and are like a mini-disc. All CD/DVD readers/writers read and burn CD's from inside going outwards. The GameCube does it the other way around, so only the GameCube can understand them. Even if you burn a mini-CD the GameCube will not read them and there is no such thing as a chip.

Some people claim to have downloaded GameCube games from suprnova.org which is true because they are real games and now you're wondering how they did it? Well, you have to get some sort of card and a LAN cable and other things to make the whole process work and play the GameCube games on your computers because you won't be able to burn them. I have seen that article, I wish I saved it, I will look for it again and if I find it I will inform you. Other then that you can't burn GameCube games or back them up ever.

muchspl2
03-07-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+7 March 2004 - 01:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 7 March 2004 - 01:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@6 March 2004 - 23:53
thats the only way I know, I&#39;m pretty sure you cannot make a hard copy
then how do those guys make images? if u can make images,u can burn the images that u make onto another disc [/b][/quote]
http://filesharingtalk.com/generator/smilies/862782451.png

Manny Roscoe
03-07-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by KazaaBoy@7 March 2004 - 08:20
Let me put this so everyone can understand why you can&#39;t burn GameCube games.

The GameCube CD&#39;s are 1.5 GB in size and are like a mini-disc. All CD/DVD readers/writers read and burn CD&#39;s from inside going outwards. The GameCube does it the other way around, so only the GameCube can understand them. Even if you burn a mini-CD the GameCube will not read them and there is no such thing as a chip.

Some people claim to have downloaded GameCube games from suprnova.org which is true because they are real games and now you&#39;re wondering how they did it? Well, you have to get some sort of card and a LAN cable and other things to make the whole process work and play the GameCube games on your computers because you won&#39;t be able to burn them. I have seen that article, I wish I saved it, I will look for it again and if I find it I will inform you. Other then that you can&#39;t burn GameCube games or back them up ever.
Yeah, but those dudes in China are doing it, so, it might be possible....I dont doubt you though, Im just sayin&#39;....those cats in China know how to pirate their shit....

KazaaBoy
03-07-2004, 09:35 AM
Yeah those peeps in China know their stuff :lol:

I am not saying the GameCube won&#39;t be hacked, it will take some time because nothing is unbreakable in this world, but some sort of device has to be made to decrypt the encryption of the GameCube.

@Manny Roscoe Where did you hear people in China are copying GameCube games?

Peerzy
03-07-2004, 02:06 PM
My guess is that someone from China told him.

Peerzyboy :cool2:

TARPD
03-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by DWells55@7 March 2004 - 03:18
I have a GameCube and a bunch of games. Unfortunately, I also have a little brother who doesn&#39;t understand what putting a game back in the case means. A lot of my games got scratched pretty bad. Is there anyway I can make back-up copies of the GCN games I own and let my brother play those and those to friends houses?
you dont have to make up tall stories. look where you are ;)

slimboyfatz
03-07-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by TARPD+7 March 2004 - 15:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TARPD @ 7 March 2004 - 15:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DWells55@7 March 2004 - 03:18
I have a GameCube and a bunch of games.&nbsp; Unfortunately, I also have a little brother who doesn&#39;t understand what putting a game back in the case means.&nbsp; A lot of my games got scratched pretty bad.&nbsp; Is there anyway I can make back-up copies of the GCN games I own and let my brother play those and those to friends houses?
you dont have to make up tall stories. look where you are ;) [/b][/quote]
LOL :lol: :lol:

DWells55
03-07-2004, 06:04 PM
LOL. Seriously, though, I have a 9 year old brother who shows no respect for the games. I really don&#39;t like GameCube that much, but I know I&#39;ll never be able to sell scratched games. I just figured a burned copy would be conveinient because it would be disposable. However, if someone could explain this network transfer method a bit more, I&#39;d be very interested. Let&#39;s hope that maybe someone makes a mod chip that overrides the laser spin. Like maybe a little switch on the side that you could set. Out-In (Original) or In-Out (Copy). It&#39;s really unfair to make GameCube like this. Copyright laws allow us to make back-up copies of things we legally own. I legally own 20 or so games which my brother likes to scratch. I should be able to make a back-up copy that he can use.

Amarjit
03-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Check this guide out:
http://www.mygamer.com/forums/showthread.p...=&threadid=1287 (http://www.mygamer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1287)

I am not saying the GameCube won&#39;t be hacked, it will take some time because nothing is unbreakable in this world, but some sort of device has to be made to decrypt the encryption of the GameCube.

Not true at all, the GCN doesn&#39;t have any "encryption" - a mod chip would have to be made to tell the GC to spin the disks inverse so miniDVD back-ups can be read.

KazaaBoy
03-07-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Amarjit@7 March 2004 - 20:00
Check this guide out:
http://www.mygamer.com/forums/showthread.p...=&threadid=1287 (http://www.mygamer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1287)

Not true at all, the GCN doesn&#39;t have any "encryption" - a mod chip would have to be made to tell the GC to spin the disks inverse so miniDVD back-ups can be read.
That&#39;s the one ;) B)

KazaaBoy
03-07-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Amarjit@7 March 2004 - 20:00
Check this guide out:

That&#39;s exactly what I mean about a decryption and that&#39;s the tutorial ;) B)

DWells55
03-07-2004, 11:23 PM
Nope, way too complicated. I&#39;ll wait until someone gets the laser to spin the other way.

Dark Ride
03-08-2004, 01:29 AM
I suggest:
Sell your GC while your games are not damaged too much and buy a PS2 or a X-BOX

Evil Gemini
03-08-2004, 01:39 AM
So, if you put a Gamecube disk in a DVD rom, will it read it ?

This (http://www.lik-sang.com//info.php?products_id=1575&AID=6818298&PID=688490) version of the gamcube takes standard sized CD/DVD.

Its a bit to expensive though

Dark Ride
03-08-2004, 02:09 AM
It&#39;s not about the disc itself.
Gamecube uses mini-disc DVDs which you can buy normaly in any better store.
The thing is how the GC reads the discs and how they burn the discs.

-> Read the previous posts

DWells55
03-08-2004, 02:34 AM
I already own PS2 and XBox. My brother would be really upset if I sold the GameCube. As for PS2 and XBox, I was thinking about using the Boot Disc/Slide Card method (is there one for XBox?). A few questions that weren&#39;t answered in the guide:

1. Will this void my PS2/XBox&#39;s warranty? Will Sony/Microsoft be able to tell I&#39;ve used a Boot Disc?
2. Can I play Boot Disc-ed games online?
3. If not, can I use my original games to play online after I&#39;ve used the Boot Disc? Or does using a Boot Disc leave a permanent mark somewhere in the system that would allow Sony/Microsoft to see I&#39;ve used a Boot Disc when I try to connect to an online game? (That DNAS stuff for PS2 and the whole XBox Live for XBox).

I seriouly want to use this for legit reasons, I already lost one copy of Halo to my brother scratching it, I don&#39;t want it to happen again.

Amarjit
03-20-2004, 07:14 PM
There&#39;s no XBOX slide-card to my knowledge, however, there are numerous mod chips available, which you won&#39;t like to install, as your posts suggest. However as for the boot disk/slidecard for the PS2, the boot disk won&#39;t leave any traces however if you desire to have your PS2 returned, you can easily replace the disk tray panel.

1weirdalfan
01-27-2012, 01:12 AM
They are called floppy discs or mini floppy discs and can be purchased at an electronic store. I suggest buying them at BEST BUY or at CIRCUIT CITY. They might sell them.