PDA

View Full Version : Australian Grand Prix

4th gen
03-07-2004, 03:49 AM
So, not long to go before the start of the race, less than 10 minutes. My money's on Schumi to win, Barrichello 2nd and Montoya 3rd. Looking forward to the race...:)

4th gen
03-07-2004, 03:52 AM
http://www.formula1.com

cowswithguns
03-07-2004, 04:29 AM
The race is on.......Schumi to win I reckon....watching it now! Could be some rain though it looks pretty overcast here.

AussieSheila
03-07-2004, 04:38 AM
:huh: My TV is a long way from the computer and I'm having trouble removing myself. Where's Mark Webber running?

:)

:( He's not running anywhere now......

cowswithguns
03-07-2004, 04:43 AM
He's running 10th........

Edit: He's had to retire........

AussieSheila
03-07-2004, 04:47 AM
:lol: lmao! Schnapps!

Ella
03-07-2004, 10:27 AM
And Schumi has it. Fastest ever time at Albert Park. :01:

internet.weather
03-07-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by 4th gen@7 March 2004 - 03:49
So, not long to go before the start of the race, less than 10 minutes. My money's on Schumi to win, Barrichello 2nd and Montoya 3rd. Looking forward to the race...:)
Did he barge anyone off the track or was this a fair race ?

cowswithguns
03-07-2004, 10:45 AM
He led from start to finish. Lapped almost everyone. The guy's a machine.

internet.weather
03-07-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by cowswithguns@7 March 2004 - 10:45
He led from start to finish. Lapped almost everyone. The guy's a machine.
His machine is far superior to anyone else's. I think that is the point. Put one of the other top 6 drivers in that car and they would win the race. It's a victory for Ferarri.

cowswithguns
03-07-2004, 11:42 AM
I agree. Ferrari have the edge and seem to have had for a while. They very rarely seem to miss a beat. How long do you think Schumacher will continue racing? He doesn't have anything to prove these days.

internet.weather
03-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by cowswithguns@7 March 2004 - 11:42
I agree. Ferrari have the edge and seem to have had for a while. They very rarely seem to miss a beat. How long do you think Schumacher will continue racing? He doesn't have anything to prove these days.
I don't think it's about proving anything, or even the money. He wants to be recognised as the greatest F1 driver ever. So he will keep going for a few years, as long as he can be bothered to stay fit enough I suppose.

To be honest I am more impressed with what he did at Benetton than his current performances. To me it really is primarily the car which is far superior, rather than him. Don't get me wrong, he is a fantastic driver, but I think his level of domination is exaggerated by the mega superior machine.

4th gen
03-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by internet.weather@7 March 2004 - 11:02
I don't think it's about proving anything, or even the money. He wants to be recognised as the greatest F1 driver ever. So he will keep going for a few years, as long as he can be bothered to stay fit enough I suppose.

To be honest I am more impressed with what he did at Benetton than his current performances. To me it really is primarily the car which is far superior, rather than him. Don't get me wrong, he is a fantastic driver, but I think his level of domination is exaggerated by the mega superior machine.
He just coincidentally manages to beat his teammates then?

Adster
03-07-2004, 01:25 PM
The thin gI hate about teh F1 is that only 3 types of teams can win and forget about the rest it's just boring

Schumacher is unstoppable

Ferrari McLaran Williams

forget the rest no chance

4th gen
03-07-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Adster@7 March 2004 - 12:25
The thin gI hate about teh F1 is that only 3 types of teams can win and forget about the rest it's just boring

Schumacher is unstoppable

Ferrari McLaran Williams

forget the rest no chance
Renault were close to Ferrari in the race

TARPD
03-07-2004, 06:09 PM
i started watching then went for a ride on the motorcycle

DanB
03-07-2004, 06:13 PM
I started wtching but fell sleep around 20 laps from the end.

I knew who would win anyway though :rolleyes:

internet.weather
03-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by 4th gen+7 March 2004 - 12:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 7 March 2004 - 12:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-internet.weather@7 March 2004 - 11:02
I don&#39;t think it&#39;s about proving anything, or even the money. He wants to be recognised as the greatest F1 driver ever. So he will keep going for a few years, as long as he can be bothered to stay fit enough I suppose.

To be honest I am more impressed with what he did at Benetton than his current performances. To me it really is primarily the car which is far superior, rather than him. Don&#39;t get me wrong, he is a fantastic driver, but I think his level of domination is exaggerated by the mega superior machine.
He just coincidentally manages to beat his teammates then? [/b][/quote]
It is well known that Schumacher gets the better treatment and rightly so, he is the number 1 driver and get treated as such. He is a better driver than Barrichello, but so are several other people. That&#39;s just my point. Would you say that Barrichelo is the second best F1 driver just now, because I wouldn&#39;t. The car is that good that he runs second to Schumacher, ahead of people who I think are better drivers than him.

4th gen
03-07-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by internet.weather@7 March 2004 - 17:21
It is well known that Schumacher gets the better treatment and rightly so, he is the number 1 driver and get treated as such. He is a better driver than Barrichello, but so are several other people. That&#39;s just my point. Would you say that Barrichelo is the second best F1 driver just now, because I wouldn&#39;t. The car is that good that he runs second to Schumacher, ahead of people who I think are better drivers than him.
You&#39;ll probably think I&#39;m being faecitious, but I really do. He regularly gets close to Schumi&#39;s times (if not beats them). The best comparison in F1 is between a driver and his teammate. Schumi beats Barrichello most of the time, but the margin is not so great.

lynx
03-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by internet.weather@7 March 2004 - 17:21
So Schuey gets better treatment, but Barrichello isn&#39;t the second best F1 driver? Even though he was pushing Schuey until he developed a brake problem?

You may be right about not being second best driver, but your reasons for stating it are a little flawed. With poor brakes, to finish only 21 seconds ahead of Alonso and 47 seconds ahead of Ralf Schumacher obviously the guy must be some sort of dummy.

Spamsey
03-07-2004, 06:41 PM
i refuse to watch this "sport". much too dangerous

4th gen
03-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Spamsey@7 March 2004 - 17:41
i refuse to watch this "sport". much too dangerous
There have been no fatalities in F1 since Imola &#39;94. Roland Ratzenberger and Ayrton Senna both dead in one weekend. R.I.P.

4th gen
03-07-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by lynx@7 March 2004 - 17:39
So Schuey gets better treatment, but Barrichello isn&#39;t the second best F1 driver? Even though he was pushing Schuey until he developed a brake problem?

You may be right about not being second best driver, but your reasons for stating it are a little flawed. With poor brakes, to finish only 21 seconds ahead of Alonso and 47 seconds ahead of Ralf Schumacher obviously the guy must be some sort of dummy.
Unless the brake problem was a freak incident, shouldn&#39;t both F2004s have suffered from it?

edit: remember Schumi&#39;s car was heavy filled aswell...

Spamsey
03-07-2004, 06:51 PM
the cars do go more than thrty round those corners. what if a child were to chase a ball into the road?

4th gen
03-07-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Spamsey@7 March 2004 - 17:51
the cars do go more than thrty round those corners. what if a child were to chase a ball into the road?
The cars have a "turbo boost" system similar to KITT&#39;s, allowing them to jump 15 feet in the air at the touch of a button, thus avoiding any children

Spamsey
03-07-2004, 06:53 PM
It takes an extra 12 feet to stop if your just 5mph over the 30mph limit and i dread to think what those monsters could do to some old lady who dropped her joint.

Spamsey
03-07-2004, 06:55 PM
And what about lanes for bicycles, I feel it would be unsafe for them to ride on these busy roads.

internet.weather
03-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by lynx+7 March 2004 - 18:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 7 March 2004 - 18:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-internet.weather@7 March 2004 - 17:21

You may be right about not being second best driver, but your reasons for stating it are a little flawed. With poor brakes, to finish only 21 seconds ahead of Alonso and 47 seconds ahead of Ralf Schumacher obviously the guy must be some sort of dummy. [/b][/quote]
You say he was pushing him. Do you think that if both cars were working well and well clear of the crowd, he would pass him, because I don&#39;t. In fact he would slow down to let him pass, even though there are no team orders as we all know.

The Ferrari F1 is designed to make Schumacher the world champion. I have no problem with that, it&#39;s what they are there for. However I really do not believe that Barichello is the 2nd best F1 driver in the world. I believe it is the car which keeps him there.

4th gen
03-07-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Spamsey@7 March 2004 - 17:53
It takes an extra 12 feet to stop if your just 5mph over the 30mph limit and i dread to think what those monsters could do to some old lady who dropped her joint.
The BMW Williams FW25 does 125mph-0 in 1.9 seconds. It stops in just 55 metres. Try doing that in your average road car ;)

Spamsey
03-07-2004, 07:10 PM
Im sure my fold up uni cycle could do better.

lynx
03-07-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by internet.weather+7 March 2004 - 17:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.weather @ 7 March 2004 - 17:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by lynx@7 March 2004 - 18:39
<!--QuoteBegin-internet.weather@7 March 2004 - 17:21

You say he was pushing him. Do you think that if both cars were working well and well clear of the crowd, he would pass him, because I don&#39;t. In fact he would slow down to let him pass, even though there are no team orders as we all know.

The Ferrari F1 is designed to make Schumacher the world champion. I have no problem with that, it&#39;s what they are there for. However I really do not believe that Barichello is the 2nd best F1 driver in the world. I believe it is the car which keeps him there. [/b][/quote]
Did you listen to Schumacher&#39;s comments during the post race interview? He was the one who said he was being pushed until Barrichello had a problem.

The Ferrari F1 car is designed to make whoever is driving it the world champion. At the moment that happens to be Schumacher and Barrichello. I&#39;m quite sure Ferrari would have no objection to Barrichello becoming world champion, but Schumacher IS the team&#39;s No 1 driver so he gets all the best bits. This at times makes Barrichello look not quite as good as he actually is.