03-07-2004, 09:12 AM
Just got resurection and still have a top dl speed of 3kb/s with a fast 2 meg
cable connection :(

junkyardking
03-07-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by granthatchett@7 March 2004 - 09:12
cable connection  :(
Kazaa is a dieing network, go for Overnetlite http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=91053
http://ultimate.250free.com/overnetlite052.exe
it's far better...

And if you use overnet with verified hashes from the many listed at
http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=86867 you get great speeds...

Cyril
03-07-2004, 11:42 AM
Check all your settings and may sure you have everything maximised for best downloads, but remember that you still only download from people as fast as they can upload to you.

Try other p2p programs as well, like Overnet as JK suggested, bit torrent, etc.

MUSLEMAN
03-07-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by granthatchett@7 March 2004 - 05:12
cable connection :(
your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

granthatchett
03-07-2004, 06:34 PM
preesh yer help, but can i get a little more. What should i change my port to?
How do i use a localized supernode? and how do i remove the no ip sources from my dat files? Im guessing that these are all done from the options menu. but not sure.

Sparkle1984
03-07-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by granthatchett@7 March 2004 - 17:34
preesh yer help, but can i get a little more. What should i change my port to?
How do i use a localized supernode? and how do i remove the no ip sources from my dat files? Im guessing that these are all done from the options menu. but not sure.
To use a localised supernode, you do that in kazupernodes and press the localise button. To delete the no-ip sources from your dat files, you do that in K-Dat. ;)

granthatchett
03-07-2004, 07:01 PM
thank you very much, and what should my port be? :rolleyes:

MUSLEMAN
03-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by granthatchett@7 March 2004 - 15:01
thank you very much, and what should my port be? :rolleyes:
don't change your port only as last resort :lol:

granthatchett
03-07-2004, 08:04 PM
:( :helpsmile: :( :o Ive tried all this and still cant get a popular file or files to dl with a speed of better than 3kb/s. trying to dl one very abundant file will produce a top speed of 2.75 at best. Thats with lots of sources, and more sources being searched for constantly.

MUSLEMAN
03-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by granthatchett@7 March 2004 - 16:04
:( :helpsmile: :( :o Ive tried all this and still cant get a popular file or files to dl with a speed of better than 3kb/s. trying to dl one very abundant file will produce a top speed of 2.75 at best. Thats with lots of sources, and more sources being searched for constantly.
how do you know how many connectable sources it has??

granthatchett
03-07-2004, 10:15 PM
i dont for sure, but ive tried to dl lots of so called popular songs and not one ever has been over 2.75 kb/s. My old kazaa stuff would dl sooo much faster on an even slower connection. I hate to be a noo b pain in the arse, but i know it works better than it has been and i am stumped as to why. any thing you kind folks could recommend is of great assistance at this point in time. Thanks

granthatchett
03-07-2004, 10:17 PM
its noob me again, i have noticed that when i first hit dl my speed is up really fast, then drops right back down to 1 or 2. :(

MUSLEMAN
03-07-2004, 10:22 PM
do this test for me and tell me what you get

please do a test,search for van halen?s song ?right now? and wait untill you get 30 or more sources and then pick for download and tell me what you get make sure your traffic is paused or clean

granthatchett
03-07-2004, 10:29 PM
my spped was at 30 + , i guess the stuff im after isnt as abundant as i think. :D
Thank you so much

granthatchett
03-07-2004, 10:33 PM
I like the song jump and all, but i think i have it already on an eight track :lol: :lol: Thanks again

MUSLEMAN
03-07-2004, 10:54 PM
np boss i do that test to show people that it is the sources and not the version or anything else, if you like to learn more vistit my forum or just hit my sig :lol: