This thread is for smokers only.

Post your brand, your finest smoking moments, smokingplaces, smokingstories,

funny smoking, etc, etc.

As long as it is very Pro-Smoking.

http://www.smejtese.cz/smejtese/images/jpg/all/nonsmoking.jpg

Yogi

mondaeo
03-07-2004, 05:31 PM
when i was writing a really anti-smoking essay i found out something really cool, smoking reduces your chances of getting parkinsons disease *nods* im still uber anti smoking but i found this remotely cool.

SMOKING KILLS! heehee sorry

toco004
03-07-2004, 05:39 PM
http://www.cains-cottage.co.uk/smileys/roll2.gif

100%
03-07-2004, 06:32 PM
coffee and a cig
nothing like it in the world

beer and a cig

bujub22
03-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Zedaxax@7 March 2004 - 14:32
coffee and a cig

beer and a cig
second one for me

Spamsey
03-07-2004, 06:42 PM
Smoking ? Fire fire :lol: :lol:

Yogi
03-07-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by bujub22+7 March 2004 - 20:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bujub22 @ 7 March 2004 - 20:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Zedaxax@7 March 2004 - 14:32
coffee and a cig

beer and a cig
second one for me [/b][/quote]
A cig after sex. :P

And inbetween sex. ;)

During sex.... :o

YoCig

internet.weather
03-07-2004, 09:58 PM
I remember watching someone on oxygen 24 hours a day, who had to be taken to the toilet, washed, fed etc because he had emphysema through smoking. Who didn&#39;t have the strength to scratch his own face, never mind sit up. Luckily the worst of it only lasted a couple of months, but that had been after a few years of gradual decline. He died in his mid-sixties. There was no real reason, no excuse, just the smoking did it to him.

Who has the next cool smoking story, I can hardly fucking wait.

mondaeo
03-07-2004, 10:14 PM
well once i seen this thing where a woman smoked a fag thru her pussy&#33; i mean shoved the ciggy up the cats arse and gave it a kiss. what did YOU think i meant&#33;&#33;&#33;

Yogi
03-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by internet.weather@7 March 2004 - 23:58
I remember watching someone on oxygen 24 hours a day, who had to be taken to the toilet, washed, fed etc because he had emphysema through smoking. Who didn&#39;t have the strength to scratch his own face, never mind sit up. Luckily the worst of it only lasted a couple of months, but that had been after a few years of gradual decline. He died in his mid-sixties. There was no real reason, no excuse, just the smoking did it to him.

I just saw this movie about a kid that crossed the street. :huh:

He is not able to move one bone or muscle anymore. :o

Anyone another fine uplifting story about cars??? ;)

Duhuh........... :angry:

YoNoNO :blink: :helpsmile:

hobbes
03-07-2004, 10:25 PM
Hey, I got a really cool story&#33;

This is Mr. Gregorio Flores. He also developed cancer of the larynx from smoking and required a tracheostomy, a surgically placed breathing hole in his neck. Despite this surgery, which made him unable to speak, he continued to smoke. He inhales the smoke through his mouth and then blows it out through the hole in his neck. Because of his severe addiction to nicotine, he continued to smoke this way right up until his death. He died from inoperable widespread throat cancer a few months after appearing in this Video.

http://tobacco.mededu.miami.edu/tobacco/studyPlan/slides/11-flores%20with%20trach.jpg- see the smoke in pic 2?

http://www.girltech.com/Girl_Views/Girl_Views_Graphix/MASK.gifSMOKIN&#39;&#33;

internet.weather
03-07-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by SensualBarfing+7 March 2004 - 22:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualBarfing @ 7 March 2004 - 22:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-internet.weather@7 March 2004 - 23:58

YoNoNO :blink: :helpsmile: [/b][/quote]
It is in no way the same,

For one thing it was not a movie, I saw this happen in real life.

For another people who smoke for many years do this to themselves, it is totally avoidable misery and death. Not just for the person but for those around them.

Road accidents are a tragedy, but only the suicidal get into them on purpose.

From what you have said you are an adult, however other people here claim to be as young as 13 or 14, maybe even younger. I believe that starting a thread on the cool things about smoking may be a factor in some people starting. It is unlikely on it&#39;s own but it may be just the thing that decides it for them, even subconsciously.

I think that is wrong and would like to put forward the negative side as well. It makes me feel better if I can negate some of the positive re-enforcement. I know it is just a laugh to you and I don&#39;t wish to fall out over this, quite the reverse.

hobbes
03-07-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by SensualBarfing+7 March 2004 - 23:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualBarfing &#064; 7 March 2004 - 23:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-internet.weather@7 March 2004 - 23:58

YoNoNO :blink: :helpsmile:[/b][/quote]
What is really funny is that if cars are used properly, they can provide a great service without injuring anyone.

Meanwhile, everyone who smokes will suffer from it, whether it be cancer, emphysema, cardiac disease, or vascular insufficiency.

I remember a show called "Fawlty Towers" only because Yogi has faulty logic. You should work for the National Rifle Association. Specious comparisons are their cornerstone as they defend Americas rights to possess automatic weapons and armor piercing bullets.

bigboab
03-07-2004, 10:38 PM
I know it is going slightly off the subject. But a patient suffering from lung cancer at our local hospital actually tried to smoke while using an oxygen mask. He set fire to half the ward. :(

namzuf9
03-07-2004, 10:40 PM
I myself am a smoker and although I enjoy a fag I would love to be able to quit.
I have tried every method a few times with no sucess except hypnotherepy which I&#39;m going to try real soon.
But I would defend anyones right to smoke.

Going back to the car thing mentioned earlier. Would you give up driving because it has the potential to kill not only yourself but others around you? Aside from injury or death due to "accidents" what about all the gases and chemicals as a by-product of burning petrol/diesel? Not only could you indanger your own life by driving you could potentialy kill others too.

internet.weather
03-07-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@7 March 2004 - 22:38
I know it is going slightly off the subject. But a patient suffering from lung cancer at our local hospital actually tried to smoke while using an oxygen mask. He set fire to half the ward. :(
I think that is an excellent post boab, a story which some will take as amusing, whilst at the same time highlighting the inherent sadness of the smoker. How deep the addiction goes.

I too have seen the ridiculous. The smoker who has had both legs removed, because of the smoking. Sitting in his wheel chair wearing pyjamas and a dressing gown, at the hospital door having a smoke.

Let no-one say they cannot stop. I did so after 20 years of smoking. If you want to stop you can.

Lamsey
03-07-2004, 10:52 PM
I know someone who used to smoke 60 a day.

He always wanted to stop, but never found the willpower. Until one day he read an account of Ghandi being asked for help by a smoker.

The man asked him "Ghandi, how can I stop smoking?"

Ghandi replied, with a blank look on his face, "How do you stop doing anything else? Just don&#39;t do it anymore."

From that day my friend has never smoked a fag once, nor wanted to.

The mind is stronger than the body, but sometimes it needs the right push to realise its strength.

internet.weather
03-07-2004, 10:55 PM
So if I want to stop being an arse, it&#39;s that easy ? Fan-tastic. Wait though, I would have to want to stop as well. Forget it, it will never work.

Yogi
03-08-2004, 12:02 AM
From what you have said you are an adult, however other people here claim to be as young as 13 or 14, maybe even younger. I believe that starting a thread on the cool things about smoking may be a factor in some people starting. It is unlikely on it&#39;s own but it may be just the thing that decides it for them, even subconsciously.

I think that is wrong and would like to put forward the negative side as well. It makes me feel better if I can negate some of the positive re-enforcement. I know it is just a laugh to you and I don&#39;t wish to fall out over this, quite the reverse.

Good point. Well taken.

I am not going to discuss the obvious here. Or......

But I am not promoting smoking and wish everybody who wishes that, a

smokefree life.

Good readers may have seen my post in a previous thread about the hazards of

smoking. Inbetween the lines of my smokinghistory i posted pics of infected lungs

of smokers. Not a pretty sight.

If youngsters on this board may pick up smoking because of things said here, i am

afraid they might start buying, guns, drugs, start drinking heavily, etc......?&#33;?&#33;

@Hobbes: Thanks for making my point, there, Sybil*&#33;&#33;&#33; Topnotch&#33;&#33;&#33; :helpsmile:

But if you all would be very consequent, i might expect some fireworks for a lot of

coming threads in the lounge..........(like: drunk threads........... :angry: )

I am surprised again at so much........ :blink: :helpsmile:

YoBasil-StillSurprisedAfterAllHisPosts

Sybil Fawlty
Poor Sybil&#33; In addition to trying to ensure the smooth running of Fawlty Towers she also has to spend a large proportion of her time keeping a tight rein on her “stick insect” husband Basil. She never misses an opportunity to close off an avenue of pleasure for Basil, such as betting on the horses.

Running a hotel and running Basil’s life of course both get in the way of her two favourite pastimes — golf with her lady friends and gossiping on the phone at reception. Watching Basil’s blood boil in one particular episode as he has to sit and listen to Sybil repeatedly replying “Oh&#33; I know&#33;” in a high-pitched voice as she hears the latest gossip from Audrey is priceless.

Sybil is usually the one to be seen trying to pacify the irate guests after Basil has either insulted them or more often tried to throttle them to keep them from speaking out.

You will frequently find Sybil in the hotel&#39;s dining room as this is where her diplomatic skills are most often required, after all this is where most of the hotel&#39;s disasters occur — and not all of them culinary&#33;

Sybil&#39;s calm approach to a problem and a cool head under pressure are often the only things that prevent Fawlty Towers from descending into total anarchy. Heaven knows what would happen to Basil if she ever carries out her periodical threats to leave him.

Biggles
03-08-2004, 12:20 AM
I liked the Simpsons advert (made by the strange Aliens with lots of legs in an attempt to lull humans in a false sense of security)

Ahhhhhh - Cool and Refreshing

as only hot pollutants can be&#33;

:lol:

Gave up years ago (79 I think) - and now can&#39;t abide the smell of the things.

Yogi
03-08-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Biggles@8 March 2004 - 02:20
I liked the Simpsons advert (made by the strange Aliens with lots of legs in an attempt to lull humans in a false sense of security)

Ahhhhhh - Cool and Refreshing

as only hot pollutants can be&#33;

Gave up years ago (79 I think) - and now can&#39;t abide the smell of the things.
For smokers the worst "opponents" are generally former smokers.

At work i found those the most intolerant and annoying.

And i am real easy in adepting with non smokers&#33;&#33;

But some..........

Yogi

hobbes
03-08-2004, 12:32 AM
You are right Yogi.

My mother attempted to quit many times before finally doing so. The last thing she wanted was smokers luring her back into the fray.

A bit of the anti-smoking lobby is former smokers holding their ears and screaming to avoid hearing nicotines siren song.

Yogi
03-08-2004, 12:33 AM
I requested a change of subtitle.

All complainers happy now??

Yogi-AllwaysOpenForImprovement

Biggles
03-08-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by SensualBarfing@8 March 2004 - 00:33

hobbes
03-08-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by SensualBarfing@8 March 2004 - 01:33

Yogi,

We understand that you are an intelligent adult and you posted this thread for fun, but so many of us have seen the deleterious effects upon those around us.

It is almost like posting, "The upside of cancer".

Maybe we are too serious, but it is just a strong desire of mine to tell kids that smoking is not just a something to be taken lightly. It can control your life and it will effect your health.

If you never know "nicotine", you will be better off.

Yogi
03-08-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by hobbes+8 March 2004 - 02:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes &#064; 8 March 2004 - 02:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-SensualBarfing@8 March 2004 - 01:33

Yogi,

We understand that you are an intelligent adult and you posted this thread for fun, but so many of us have seen the deleterious effects upon those around us.

It is almost like posting, "The upside of cancer".

Maybe we are too serious, but it is just a strong desire of mine to tell kids that smoking is not just a something to be taken lightly. It can control your life and it will effect your health.

If you never know "nicotine", you will be better off.[/b][/quote]
I was not offended.

Nobody said one wrong word.

All of you made good points in good reason.

That is the way i like this board at best.

And if you thought i only posted this for fun, i am sorry to say you still got me

wrong.

I like to provoce, though not allways in the obvious way.

You as a patternwatcher should know that.

I do appreciate your input, as allways&#33;&#33;

Yogi

hobbes
03-08-2004, 12:50 AM
I&#39;m wrong, again&#33;

I&#39;ve had a bad week, just ask internet.weather&#33;

Well, I hope my "wrongness" will occur in spurts, then I will be due for a spell of "rightness".

Yogi
03-08-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@8 March 2004 - 02:50
I&#39;m wrong, again&#33;

I&#39;ve had a bad week, just ask internet.weather&#33;

Well, I hope my "wrongness" will occur in spurts, then I will be due for a spell of "rightness".
:lol: :lol: :lol:

100%
03-08-2004, 12:59 AM
Its great when you go to a third world country
you can still smoke everywhere

namzuf9
03-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Zedaxax@8 March 2004 - 01:59
Its great when you go to a third world country
you can still smoke everywhere
That sounds like the UK 5-10 years ago :D
I can understand a ban on smoking in public places at the discretion of the proprietor but a forced ban is ridculous. If a restaurant (or whatever) wants to allow smoking then that should be fine providng they post the apporiate warning signs throughout the building (as most do in the UK)

I once met a girl with cancer of the pancreas that was terminal that smoked. When I asked her why she told me she started after finding out she had cancer to help relax her. I asked her how she felt about smoking and the diseases it causes and she replied to me "No one in my family smokes and nor did I till I found out I was terminal. I&#39;ve lived a healthy lifestyle but I&#39;m dying why should I give a shit about what smoking does to you, I&#39;m dying because I lived."
She was the only person I met with cancer yet I know a lot of long term smokers.
She was 26 when she died.

Edit: I believe that is smoking had a placebo effect with her but I was&#39;nt going to argue.