PDA

View Full Version : Dvd Builder

skelley521
03-08-2003, 12:46 AM
Just checked out roxio's dvd builder that comes packaged with EZ.CD.DVD.Creator.6

Simplicity at its finest....dragged avi into builder, inserted blank cd, click burn, select 1 of 3 formats ( VCD, SVCD, or DVD) and go get a beer, all done. :teehee:

Jibbler
03-08-2003, 01:50 AM
It probably seems like a nice program for you, but if I can't copy my DVDs with it, then it is useless to me.--

Jibbler

ShareDaddy
03-08-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by skelley521@7 March 2003 - 19:46
Just checked out roxio's dvd builder that comes packaged with EZ.CD.DVD.Creator.6

Simplicity at its finest....dragged avi into builder, inserted blank cd, click burn, select 1 of 3 formats ( VCD, SVCD, or DVD) and go get a beer, all done. :teehee:
So does anyone (hint hint) have a sig2dat for this program of yours? Of course with corresponding text file with all fo the particulars (hint).

gumbydancin
03-08-2003, 06:42 AM
Someone posted it the other day Sharedaddy. Search through the software world. I know they posted a hash, cause it's in my queue. Found it.

File:Easy.CD.DVD.Creator.v6.0.English.ISO-ATLANTE.bin
Length:569974272 Bytes,556616KB
UUHash:=JkhS02lT6zKVxBc0bsJcReMHBZ8=

edit: when I copied and pasted the hash, it's not a hypoer link anymore so here is the link to the page it was originally posted on, it's the second hash, about halfway down the page

IT'S RIGHT HERE (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=17&t=19420&hl=creator)

ShareDaddy
03-08-2003, 06:51 AM
Thanks GD. By the way do you know if anyone has reported any conflicts using this with other pieces of software. I know there are conflicts when using EZCD 5 platinum with XP (I have both).

skelley521
03-08-2003, 07:59 AM
XP Pro here......installs great and no operational snags, i know, kind of hard to believe myself...lol

Options :

CD Copier-improved
Audio Central--roxios new way to rip, play ,edit and organize your music into albums.
Photosuite 5
DVD Builder
Label Creator--looks about the same as plat. 5
Creator Classic--all of plat. 5 in one button.
Drag to Disc- direct cd with a nice interface.

http://www.roxio.com/en/products/ecdc/features.jhtml

ShareDaddy
03-08-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by skelley521@8 March 2003 - 02:59
XP Pro here......installs great and no operational snags, i know, kind of hard to believe myself...lol

Options :

CD Copier-improved
Audio Central--roxios new way to rip, play ,edit and organize your music into albums.
Photosuite 5
DVD Builder
Label Creator--looks about the same as plat. 5
Creator Classic--all of plat. 5 in one button.
Drag to Disc- direct cd with a nice interface.

http://www.roxio.com/en/products/ecdc/features.jhtml
Thanks for the info, I will try it based upon your opinion and experience thus far. I really appreciate your input. :)

PS- I feel Roxio should be sending this version FREE to anyone who may have pruchased that platinum junk. That would be nice for me. :P

"The Avatar Man"
03-08-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Jibbler@8 March 2003 - 02:50
It probably seems like a nice program for you, but if I can't copy my DVDs with it, then it is useless to me.--

Jibbler
;) try dvd xcopy.it is just as simple :D
1.inser dvd
2.click copy
3.burn a new dvd :)

skelley521
03-08-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by ShareDaddy@8 March 2003 - 09:04

PS- I feel Roxio should be sending this version FREE to anyone who may have pruchased that platinum junk. That would be nice for me. :P
I couldnt have said it any better :P

With EZCD 5:............
I had to search roxios site forever till I found the so called "fixed way to install"
It said not to do the full install, but to install the options method and leave off 'take two'.
Reboot and download the 18M patch before use.
And if my burner was on their list of new burners, that i need to download and install the 240kb patch and reboot.

Give me a break, I called roxio everything in the book except roxio! :angry:
But I followed all that crap and everything did turn out right....didnt need to extra 240kb dl though.

So far with EZCD 6..........
I have burned:
10 disc with the creator classic
25 with drag to disc
14 with dvd builder
never tried burning w/ audiocentral yet, just used classic, it has mp3 or wav options.
I havent tried the copier yet but my friends say that it does a better job then 5 and photosuite 5 is nice and simple with good editing protocols, but I am hooked on uleads photoimpact 8 :)

I have yet to encounter any problems, but with all software, I am sure it must exist....lol

Steve

accat13
03-08-2003, 02:54 PM
The only things I don't like about the dvd builder section is that it seems to want to reconvert my mpeg's.Where as version 5 just burned to vcd format..It also sees to default to wide screen format ' when I have already converted to 4:3 aspect ratio in tmpgenc..There doesn't seem to be enough flexability in the program!!The install was flawless, no conflicts with nero , ZA or NAV..