PDA

View Full Version : Been Hanging At Winmx All Night

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-08-2003, 07:26 AM
:D Now I remember what I loved about it so much,you can almost find anything you want there when it comes to music,or at least I have.Just finding the right rooms with the right people.I still prefer SoulSeek simply for the fact you can download whole folders with the album already in place,but they don't have near the amount of users WinMX does. :D

I tryed seting up a room at WinMX before for members from here hooking up and that did'nt work,nobody showed up.Did one at SoulSeek and that actually worked for a few days,me Colt Seevers and Rperry hooked up pretty good.The speeds were slow but it was nice browsing each others folders.Maybe one of us should try WinMX again? :huh:

I know somebody is going to say why Funky when we have the IRC room to hook up and chat with?Or why do we need to use WinMX to get files from each other when we have hash links to use?

Not everybody has had luck with hash files.....I have pretty much given up on the database idea.I have always had trouble getting them things to work and I know I am not the only one.If there are any other users of WinMX that hang around MusicWorld lets hook up and trade some Music together. :beerchug:

carbert
03-08-2003, 11:04 AM
i got winmx...what room are you in??

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-08-2003, 11:33 AM
:) I am getting ready to go to bed.But I guess we could try to call it "Kazaa Lites Musicworld" :)

I mean they have a IRC chat room here just for chater.....lets test out WinMX and SoulSeek for Music Chater.Lets do WinMX first. :D

Was in a room earlier tonight on WinMX with a great bunch of guys that had nothing but heavy metal.....all from the 80's.Got the whole Aerosmith Catalog in one day from this guy. :o

carbert
03-08-2003, 01:14 PM
well im only on a 128k isdn, so i wont be getting anything like that, but im willing to share what ive got e.g. ska/punk-rock, and it will be easier to hook up with individual users on winmx.

Sasage
03-08-2003, 01:54 PM
Let me know when you're gonna be back on WinMx so I can join ya........ :D

Bender
03-08-2003, 01:59 PM
What about FTP Funky?
Works really fast and is easy to install, even I could do it. :D

N£MO
03-08-2003, 03:50 PM
I'm up for some sharing on winmx guys...music on kazaa is starting to suck!!Too many shit files ;)

carbert
03-08-2003, 09:50 PM
think about it...easy to share albums you ripped yourself, and hook up with anyone you like...wonderful!!

fkdup74
03-11-2004, 02:23 PM
where can i find this neat new app? :unsure:

Adster
03-11-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by FKDUP74@12 March 2004 - 00:23
where can i find this neat new app? :unsure:
I dunno never heard of winmx :huh: