PDA

View Full Version : Question About Iron Maiden?

Arm
03-11-2004, 03:15 PM
:huh: What is the fastest and heaviest Iron Maiden song?

What is the slowest and softest Iron Maiden song?
;) Yes Arm must know the answers to these questions! :ph34r: :-"

fkdup74
03-11-2004, 04:22 PM
damn.....askin what song is heaviest from maiden is like.....
askin which britney spears song is crap :lol:

and i dont think i've ever used slow or soft in the same sentence with iron maiden :unsure:

dude, they all rock, get your arse onto slsk...
i got 11 maiden albums, you can form your own opinion :P

sorry i couldnt have been of more help :P

summerlinda
03-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Arm@11 March 2004 - 17:15
What is the slowest and softest Iron Maiden song?

e.g: Blood Brothers
Strange World
Afraid To Shoot Strangers
Wasting Love

:music1:

Arm
03-11-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by FKDUP74@11 March 2004 - 11:22
and i dont think i've ever used slow or soft in the same sentence with iron maiden :unsure:

dude, they all rock, get your arse onto slsk...
i got 11 maiden albums, you can form your own opinion :P
:rolleyes: Iron Maiden is power metal, not rock. Although metal was an offshoot of rock and is similar musically, it is also quite different. :blink:

And yeah I downloaded 1 Iron Maiden album and a couple of singles. They all had the same speed and heavyness.

I dont like Iron Maiden enough to download a bunch of their albums. :( And even if I did then I would not listen to them. Very few of my 50+ albums have been listened to and if they have all the songs have been listened to maybe once. :(

Thanks for the song list summerlinda. Ill try those songs out.

fkdup74
03-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Arm@11 March 2004 - 14:07
:rolleyes: Iron Maiden is power metal, not rock.
blah, just said that they rock, didnt call em rock....
and the term you are looking for is heavy metal :P

I dont like Iron Maiden enough to download a bunch of their albums.

:o :huh: :o

Arm
03-11-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by FKDUP74+11 March 2004 - 18:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FKDUP74 @ 11 March 2004 - 18:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Arm@11 March 2004 - 14:07
:rolleyes: Iron Maiden is power metal, not rock.
blah, just said that they rock, didnt call em rock....
and the term you are looking for is heavy metal :P

I dont like Iron Maiden enough to download a bunch of their albums.

:o :huh: :o [/b][/quote]
Power metal is mroe specific then heavy metal. They are the founding fathers of power metal ya know. Them, Dio and Helloween. B)

Sh1t_H4pp3nz
03-11-2004, 11:14 PM
here are some songs to concider downloading.........

1. Fear Of The Dark
2. The Number Of The Beast
3. 2 Minutes Till Midnight
4. Iron Maiden
5. Aces High
6. Wrathchild

also if you like maiden theres other bands like Slayer & Ronnie James Dio :P

sArA
03-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Charlotte the Harlot

From the first Album &#39;Iron Maiden&#39;

Not Brucie singing of course, D&#39;Anno (or somat)

Arm
03-11-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Sh1t_H4pp3nz@11 March 2004 - 18:14
here are some songs to concider downloading.........

1. Fear Of The Dark
2. The Number Of The Beast
3. 2 Minutes Till Midnight
4. Iron Maiden
5. Aces High
6. Wrathchild

also if you like maiden theres other bands like Slayer & Ronnie James Dio :P
Already got the first 3 songs. And yeah I listen to Slayer and Dio. :)

Adster
03-11-2004, 11:56 PM
Problem is ARM every single Iron Maiden song if it starts off slow it will speed up in the end

Dance with Devi
Fear of teh Dark
Blood Brothers

there power metal yes Like Judas Presit but there more dynamical

fkdup74
03-12-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Adster@11 March 2004 - 15:56
there power metal yes Like Judas Presit but there more dynamical
blah.......

summerlinda
03-12-2004, 12:18 AM
Fuck your genres - subgenres - subsubgenres and subsubsubgenres

Iron Maiden is rock at least :D

Sh1t_H4pp3nz
03-12-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by summerlinda@11 March 2004 - 18:18
Fuck your genres - subgenres - subsubgenres and subsubsubgenres

Iron Maiden is rock at least :D
:frusty: amen to that :)

Benno
03-12-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by musicbible+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (musicbible)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Powermetal
Over the years, the term power metal has been used to describe everything from NWOBHM bands to hardcore-tinged thrashers like Pantera. As a movement, though, power metal crystallized during the mid-&#39;90s, mostly as a reaction against the harshness and lack of melody in death and black metal. Though it sometimes incorporated the complexity of progressive metal, or the menace and growling vocals of death metal, power metal was essentially a classicist style, paying unabashed tribute to its influences. Its tight sense of groove was rooted in the NWOBHM and early-&#39;80s Teutonic outfits like Accept; it also drew from the flashy technical chops and pseudo-operatic vocals of NWOBHM mainstays Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. Power metal was primarily (though not exclusively) a continental-European phenomenon, with a handful of &#39;80s veterans reviving their careers, plus a number of newer bands who&#39;d started out playing death metal but wanted to sound more like the music they&#39;d grown up with.
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-musicbible

Heavy Metal
Of all rock & roll&#39;s myriad forms, heavy metal is the most extreme in terms of volume, machismo, and theatricality. There are numerous stylistic variations on heavy metal&#39;s core sound, but they&#39;re all tied together by a reliance on loud, distorted guitars (usually playing repeated riffs) and simple, pounding rhythms. Heavy metal has been controversial nearly throughout its existence ? critics traditionally dismissed the music as riddled with over-the-top adolescent theatrics, and conservative groups have often protested what they perceive as evil lyrical content. Still, despite ? or perhaps because of ? those difficulties, heavy metal has become one of the most consistently popular forms of rock music ever created, able to adapt to the times yet keep its core appeal intact. For all its status as America&#39;s rebellion soundtrack of choice, heavy metal was largely a British creation. The first seeds of heavy metal were sown in the British blues movement of the &#39;60s, specifically among bands who found it hard to adjust to the natural swing of American blues. The rhythms became more squared-off, and the amplified electric instruments became more important, especially with the innovations of artists like the Kinks, the Who, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, and the Jeff Beck Group. Arguably the first true metal band, however, was Led Zeppelin. Initially, Zep played blues tunes heavier and louder than anyone ever had, and soon created an epic, textured brand of heavy rock that drew from many musical sources. Less subtle but perhaps even more influential was Black Sabbath, whose murky, leaden guitar riffs created a doomy fantasy world obsessed with drugs, death, and the occult. Following the blueprint laid down by Zep and Sabbath, several American bands modified heavy metal into more accessible forms during the &#39;70s: the catchy tunes and outrageous stage shows of Alice Cooper and Kiss; the sleazy boogie of Aerosmith; and the flashy guitar leads and wild party rock of Van Halen (not to mention the distinctively minimalist grooves of Australia&#39;s AC/DC). In the late &#39;70s, a cache of British bands dubbed the New Wave of British Heavy Metal (including Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Motorhead) started playing metal faster, leaner, and with more menace than ever before. They helped influence a new American metal scene known as thrash in the &#39;80s, which took shape as a reaction to metal&#39;s new mainstream pop breakthrough, which came courtesy of Def Leppard&#39;s Pyromania. Metal enjoyed its greatest presence on the charts during the &#39;80s, thanks to a raft of glammed-up pop-metal bands, but thrash bands played complex riffs at breakneck speed, sometimes dispensing with vocal melody altogether. Thrashers like Metallica and Megadeth built rabid cult followings that pushed them into the mainstream around the same time that grunge wiped pop-metal off the charts. Mainstream metal in the &#39;90s centered around a new hybrid called alternative metal, which (in its most commercially potent form) combined grinding thrash and grunge influences with hip-hop and industrial flourishes, though it broke with metal&#39;s past in downplaying the importance of memorable riffs. Meanwhile, the underground grew harsher and bleaker, producing two similar, thrash-derived styles known as death metal and black metal, which produced some of the most abrasive, intense, hyperspeed music and graphic shock tactics the metal world had yet witnessed.[/quote]

NWOBHM = New Wave Of British Heavy Metal ( Had to look this up :helpsmile: )

So what did we learn today?

Iron Maiden is Heavy Metal, power metal are bands like Blind Guardian, Iced Earth and Helloween

:P

Arm
03-12-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Benno@12 March 2004 - 13:16
[QUOTE=musicbible]
So what did we learn today?

Iron Maiden is Heavy Metal, power metal are bands like Blind Guardian, Iced Earth and Helloween

:P
I learned your a fucking hippie.

power metal has been used to describe everything from NWOBHM bands
Iron Maiden = NWOBHM :)

They are the founders of power metal.

Benno
03-12-2004, 11:08 PM
I learned your a fucking hippie.
Sorry I really dont understand what you want to say with this :huh:

Anyway I dont think Maiden are Power Metal, you hear the differnce when you compare them to bands like Blind Guardian and Iced Earth, but Im not gonna argue with you over this there are more important things in live

After all

Iron Maiden is rock at least

:)

DirtyDan
03-13-2004, 12:03 AM
Iron Maiden and Iced Earth are the same genre fo sure... :smilie4:

summerlinda
03-14-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by DirtyDan@13 March 2004 - 02:03
In fact, I believe they are one and the same band :o

Adster
03-14-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by summerlinda+14 March 2004 - 10:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (summerlinda @ 14 March 2004 - 10:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DirtyDan@13 March 2004 - 02:03
Iron Maiden and Iced Earth are the same genre fo sure...&nbsp; :smilie4:
In fact, I believe they are one and the same band :o [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol:

WOX
03-14-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Adster+14 March 2004 - 00:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adster @ 14 March 2004 - 00:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by summerlinda@14 March 2004 - 10:19
<!--QuoteBegin-DirtyDan@13 March 2004 - 02:03
:lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
i don&#39;t care if they&#39;re in the same genre but they&#39;re old and their music is crap.

Adster
03-14-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by WOX+14 March 2004 - 10:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WOX &#064; 14 March 2004 - 10:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Adster@14 March 2004 - 00:37

i don&#39;t care if they&#39;re in the same genre but they&#39;re old and their music is crap. [/b][/quote]
just stick to your linkin farts man with 3 chord Power chords but you only really need 3 strings not a 6 string ;)

bet you &#092;never heard 1 iced earth song??

Helloween

angel dust??

Overkill???

blah I rest my case

Mad Cat
03-14-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by WOX+14 March 2004 - 00:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WOX @ 14 March 2004 - 00:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Adster@14 March 2004 - 00:37

i don&#39;t care if they&#39;re in the same genre but they&#39;re old and their music is crap. [/b][/quote]
... in your opinion :rolleyes:

Adster
03-14-2004, 01:24 AM
oh yeah judging by your ignorant comment iced earth being old???

OK in 10 to 15 years time Linkin Park will be old adn crap by your meaning

they won&#39;t even be big then anyway

Mad Cat
03-14-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Adster@14 March 2004 - 01:24

What?

They&#39;re big now? :P

Did I miss something here :P ?

Arm
03-14-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Adster@13 March 2004 - 20:24

In 2 years(if even that) they wont be big.

and calling Iced Earth old and crap should make you get your ass kicked. :boxing: Jackoff idiot.

Adster
03-14-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Mad Cat+14 March 2004 - 11:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mad Cat @ 14 March 2004 - 11:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Adster@14 March 2004 - 01:24

What?

They&#39;re big now? :P

Did I miss something here :P ? [/b][/quote]
:lol:

sorry understatement