PDA

View Full Version : Solo Guitar Is Dead

Adster
03-12-2004, 01:07 AM
OK first off I'm talking about mainstream pretty much

back in the 70s and eve 80 guitarist would play the dam guitar well and good

and the early 90s even

we had groups like Queen Eagles Fletwood Mac Bon Jovi who would make mainstream hits with solo guitar

now look linkin park limp dickshit Nickelback E\vansences Korn Slipknot (don't mind Amy's voice though) just plain old boring power chords

no solos you can't even here the guitars these days what happened to that dirty overdrive sound? now its just a mass of noise with treble up full pelt.with a slb of power chords.

even Metallica have gone SHIT sound

this is why mainstream is just so hard to listen too now (*Talking about rock mainstream)

Arm
03-12-2004, 01:11 AM
Mainstream sux. Stay out of mainstream and you will find good music. And guitar solos are unimportant. They just make the song more intresting in some cases. Just a way for the guitarist to show off.

Adster
03-12-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Arm@12 March 2004 - 11:11
Mainstream sux. Stay out of mainstream and you will find good music. And guitar solos are unimportant. They just make the song more intresting in some cases. Just a way for the guitarist to show off.
yep this is teh reason why I just stay away from mainstream

seems like you have to not be much of a guitarist to make a million

takes me 1 minutes to learn a friggin linkin park song takes 1 month to learn a intro to a tea party song who's making the millions???

Celerystalksme
03-12-2004, 01:19 AM
HOORAY FOR FEMALES FUCKING GUITARS !!!

gime me a mainstream band that does that then i wont hate teh mainstream :)

Laters
Cely :music1:

Arm
03-12-2004, 02:14 AM
It's pop music you hippie. :01: It's not that new music sux, it's just that its popular crap.
Pop music always sucked. Well not all of it but the stuff thatsd fed off fads and the artist has no talent then yeah it always sucked. The only thing that has changed is that the record companies became more greedy and more controlling over people.

fkdup74
03-12-2004, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@11 March 2004 - 17:19
HOORAY FOR FEMALES FUCKING GUITARS !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adster
03-12-2004, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Arm@12 March 2004 - 12:14
It's pop music you hippie. :01: It's not that new music sux, it's just that its popular crap.
Pop music always sucked. Well not all of it but the stuff thatsd fed off fads and the artist has no talent then yeah it always sucked. The only thing that has changed is that the record companies became more greedy and more controlling over people.
to me pop seems to be these days dance crap

primo
03-12-2004, 06:36 AM
umm.. The Darkness has some pretty nice solo's in their songs.

Adster
03-12-2004, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by primo@12 March 2004 - 16:36
umm.. The Darkness has some pretty nice solo's in their songs.
Ive only heard like 2 songs of theirs and really didn't like it

Arm
03-12-2004, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Adster+12 March 2004 - 01:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adster &#064; 12 March 2004 - 01:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Arm@12 March 2004 - 12:14
It&#39;s pop music you hippie. :01: It&#39;s not that new music sux, it&#39;s just that its popular crap.
to me pop seems to be these days dance crap [/b][/quote]
:lol: Rock was originally dance crap&#33; And pop music can be very broadly applied. You could apply to all the fad music like rap metal or something else. ;)

Adster
03-12-2004, 07:03 AM
Rock music used instruments dance music these days and started pretty much in the late 70s to 80s started with crap drum machine and manufactured sound

and maybe your thinking of teh early 50s rockabilly stuff like rock around the clock (Which means fuck around the clock)

led zepp black sabbath dance???? how about The Doors????? :lol:

well hmmm let me see

3RA1N1AC
03-12-2004, 07:08 AM
guitar virtuosos have done more to hurt rock n roll than to help it. i wanna hear 3 minutes of hooks, verse, chorus, verse, beginning, middle and end, not 2 minutes of actual melody serving as book-ends to 10 minutes of fret-tickling. >:|

if you wanna hear some really decent guitar playing, though, check out "The Ventures In Space." an album full of twangy, spooky-sounding instrumentals. The Ventures released tons of albums, but "In Space" is prolly their very best one. Keith Moon of The Who was quoted as saying it was one of his favorites, if that gives it any credibility.

http://www.surfrockmusic.com/graphics/vis_dltn.jpg

Adster
03-12-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@12 March 2004 - 17:08
guitar virtuosos have done more to hurt rock n roll than to help it. i wanna hear 3 minutes of hooks, verse, chorus, verse, beginning, middle and end, not 2 minutes of actual melody serving as book-ends to 10 minutes of fret-tickling. >:|

if you wanna hear some really decent guitar playing, though, check out "The Ventures In Space." an album full of twangy, spooky-sounding instrumentals. The Ventures released tons of albums, but "In Space" is prolly their very best one. Keith Moon of The Who was quoted as saying it was one of his favorites, if that gives it any credibility.

http://www.surfrockmusic.com/graphics/vis_dltn.jpg
I;m niot just talkign abotu solo guitar in general im talkign abtu the sound of guitars

yes by your comments id say you hate dream theater :lol:

I mean tool excelent excellent guitar sound and hardly have any solos if they do its 2 note solos

I just can&#39;t listen to a mass of noise with so much sounding treble like someone is just struming anything and you can&#39;t even hear the dirty changes

Like teh days of Alice In chains STP Soundgarden Silverchair it was great

and Keith Moon btw was teh guy who invented Power cords

fkdup74
03-12-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@11 March 2004 - 23:08
guitar virtuosos have done more to hurt rock n roll than to help it.
:huh: :o :blink:

Arm
03-12-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Adster@12 March 2004 - 02:03
Rock music used instruments dance music these days and started pretty much in the late 70s to 80s started with crap drum machine and manufactured sound

and maybe your thinking of teh early 50s rockabilly stuff like rock around the clock (Which means fuck around the clock)
Yes I knew rocking was a metaphor for having sex. :o

But to me the whole sound of 50&#39;s rock sound like dancing music. While I am not saying that is a bad thing but the whole sound of 50s rock I heard just has that dancing sound to it. :blink: :ph34r:

Well yeah dance music was specifcally for dancing but you can dance to most types of music as long as it has a catchy beat. :01:

And guitar virtuosos are just a bunch of egomanical jackoffs who all make crappy music. Those 3 chord riffs from punk are alot more intresting then Yngwie Malmsteens masturbation rock. :smilie4:
While yeah they are highly influencial guitar players and gave much to the guitar world, the actual music they made usually sucked.

3RA1N1AC
03-12-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Adster@11 March 2004 - 23:16
and Keith Moon&nbsp; btw was teh guy who invented Power cords
actually Keith Moon was a drummer, and i believe the honor of "inventor of the power chord" goes to Link Wray. Pete Townsend (The Who&#39;s guitarist) did do a lot to popularize power chords, tho. but i digress.

Adster
03-12-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+12 March 2004 - 17:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 12 March 2004 - 17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Adster@11 March 2004 - 23:16
and Keith Moon btw was teh guy who invented Power cords
actually Keith Moon was a drummer, and i believe the honor of "inventor of the power chord" goes to Link Wray. Pete Townsend (The Who&#39;s guitarist) did do a lot to popularize power chords, tho. but i digress. [/b][/quote]
my bad your right got them mixed up