PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Tmd Videos

TSMing
03-08-2003, 02:43 PM
I've tried to d/l TMD versions of Cradle 2 the Grave. Using Dat View, the avi file appears fine when run in Virtual Dub. However once the file is completely downloaded, only a black screen appears.

I have installed the lastest K-lite codec but avi file is still only a black screen.

Can someone tell me if this is a corrupted download file, FAKED file or some prob with codec.

I've come across such prob with The Recruit and Daredevil as well. All TMD files.
Is there a TMD codec required?

Thanks
TSMing

Wolfmight
03-08-2003, 02:44 PM
tmd sucks, download the screeners without logos

DARKSHADOW
03-08-2003, 03:03 PM
if run the file through gspot it will tell u what codec the film was compressed with then u will be able to check if u have that codec

ps! :) tmd normaly use ms codecs which u should have installed throught windows

accat13
03-08-2003, 03:15 PM
here is the link for gspot (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/)

TSMing
03-09-2003, 02:37 AM
Thank you all for the input.

I understand that TMD isn't that great but it d/l faster bec they are smaller.

I'm still puzzeled about the TMD files. Before d/l is complete, it runs well after being 'rebuilt' by Virtual Dub. But after it is d/l completely, Virtual Dub and GSpot both shows the infor of the file as

Codec 4CC (_RGB)
Name Bl_RGB Raw Bitmap
No Codec Needed

Aspect 352x288
Bitrate 406
Framerate 4000
Duration 49min

Audio Format Name : no auidio channel.

As a result the avi file plays a black screen quietly for 48mins.

I have encountered this quite a few times esp with TMD files and would really like to know what is happening.

Hope someone can help me.
Thanks

TSMing

DARKSHADOW
03-09-2003, 08:20 AM
in my opnion its most certainly a codec problem,thats why ur getin a black screen and its readin as uncompressed RGB!
u could try installing a different codec pack!or xvid!

ps i d/l tmd daredevil myself apart from the shit quality it played ok and it was compressed with the ms codec :)

nahan
03-09-2003, 12:20 PM
try this link for simple codecs ive used in the past
they worked for me

www.divxcity.com/codec_main.php