PDA

View Full Version : I Feel Odd And Stupid

opivykid
03-12-2004, 05:10 AM
Ok, theres a very good chance i'm going to look like a fool asking this, but whatever.......

Ok, this is really annoying me. My cousins keep burning all my movies onto DVD with my DVD burner, and wasteing all my blank DVD's. Now I really wouldn't care if they were just CD-R's, yet blank DVD's aren't cheap. So I'm wondering if anyone knows how to make it so that like I can put a copy-protection on the movies that I burn, to end this problem. With the protection though, it's got to be something that like I'd be able to get past, yet the average person wouldn't be able to get through. Thanks!

h1
03-12-2004, 05:39 AM
You are odd and stupid. J/K. :P

Place a dongle lock on your DVD burner.

firefox
03-12-2004, 03:45 PM
lock up your blank CD. Yeap that will do the trick. :rolleyes:

Benno
03-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Use corporal punishment if they ever do it again :boxing:

the mask
03-12-2004, 10:04 PM
ask them to pay for the blank dvd :D

vivitron 15
03-12-2004, 11:28 PM
get "folder guard pro" and disable them from seeing the DVD drive when they login (assuming XP) or password protect it at least - and a bitch slap doesnt go amiss

4th gen
03-12-2004, 11:31 PM
Pass protected screensaver?

opivykid
03-12-2004, 11:57 PM
Nice, thanks for the tips. Can't beat him, or else the parents will get pissed, and if anyone knows a way to make a DVD un-copy-able, please tell, but the password protected screensaver sounds pretty good, so I'll attempt that.

supersonic
03-13-2004, 12:05 AM
Remove the DVD burner Drive from the computer. That'z if you dont use the DVD burner alot. U can put it back anytime u want, right???>?>

Storm
03-13-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by opivykid@12 March 2004 - 06:10
Ok, theres a very good chance i'm going to look like a fool asking this, but whatever.......

Ok, this is really annoying me. My cousins keep burning all my movies onto DVD with my DVD burner, and wasteing all my blank DVD's. Now I really wouldn't care if they were just CD-R's, yet blank DVD's aren't cheap. So I'm wondering if anyone knows how to make it so that like I can put a copy-protection on the movies that I burn, to end this problem. With the protection though, it's got to be something that like I'd be able to get past, yet the average person wouldn't be able to get through. Thanks!
in XP: just deny him/her permission to use the burn prog:

goto tools--> folder options-->view, unclick "use simple file sharing"

then goto your burner folder--> right-click--> properties--> security--> Add-->Advanced-->find now, then look up his profile name--> OK-->OK, select his profile name-->deny "full controll", press apply, and voila...........

btw, over here blank DVD's cost 3 times a blank CD, but you can fit 7 times the amount of data on it.............. so that'll save you 4 CD's...........

opivykid
03-13-2004, 12:39 AM
Storm - He doesn't have his own profile on my computer, he just ends up coming over my house at random times, and he'll just use my blank disks. Now the thing is, is that he'll end up coming over sometimes when I'm not home. (with my computer, theres just 1 profile, because my parents view of different profiles is that i hide all my pr0n in 1 of them, so when you turn on my computer, it'll just load to the master profile).

supersonic - I'm lucky if I install it the 1st time, without screwing anything over, so once its in, it stays in.

All i'm looking for, is just a copy potection that I can put on my disks when I burn them...

Storm
03-13-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by opivykid@13 March 2004 - 01:39
because my parents view of different profiles is that i hide all my pr0n in 1 of them, so when you turn on my computer, it'll just load to the master profile).
big deal, unless your parents now alot about XP, u can just "hide" an extra profile......... lol

anywayz, try this:
1 master profile which everyone in your family has the password to, and one guest profile for your neighbours kid........

else i dont think you have much of a chance (cept the aformentioned storage of disks/corporal punishment :P (btw, have u tried telling his folks? in most countries they ARE financially responsible till his 18-21th b-day ;))

opivykid
03-13-2004, 03:13 AM
Haha alright I'll try that. Thanks man.

Benno
03-14-2004, 07:11 PM
I just thought of something that might help you

if you press the windowskey+L it will lock your pc and you need your password to continue working. Its like a screensaver with a password but you can easily and instantly lock your workstation with this.

Cygnuz-Y
03-14-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Benno@14 March 2004 - 19:11
I just thought of something that might help you

if you press the windowskey+L it will lock your pc and you need your password to continue working. Its like a screensaver with a password but you can easily and instantly lock your workstation with this.
:o Didnt know that, thanks!