PDA

View Full Version : Msn Messenger 6.2 Delay

iMartin
03-12-2004, 04:18 PM
No big suprised it's been delayed, thought I'd post anyway.

It seems that Microsoft will not make it to release MSN Messenger 6.2 on April 8th. So they have delayed it to Thursday, April 22. We don't have any information why it has been delayed, so you will just have to wait a little bit longer.

But we can tell you that we have some more news regarding animated display pictures (officially called Deluxe Display Pictures), the new help files clearly tell us the following: Impress your friends with a custom, animated avatar. So this makes it 100% official. But we can even tell you how to select a animated avatar in MSN Messenger 6.2:

1. In the main MSN Messenger window, click the Tools menu, and then click Change Display Picture.
The My Display Picture window opens.
2. Scroll to the Deluxe Pictures list.
3. Select a picture from the list, and then click OK.

Source (http://www.mess.be)

4play
03-12-2004, 04:30 PM
i bet they keep pushing this back so they can use it as a selling point for longhorn. :P

there is not gonna be a massive difference between this and the old version so i dont know what all the fuss is about. animated pictures are gonna annoy the hell out of you if your talking to someone for a long time. i hope there is an option to stop the picture.

{I}{K}{E}
03-12-2004, 05:48 PM
its getting normally every day all those delayes