PDA

View Full Version : Problem After Extracting

the mask
03-14-2004, 04:02 PM
ok, i have d/l about 5 movies in the last 48hrs from suprnova using abc 2.6.1, now all these movies have come down in .rar files-no problem, i have extracted them but they remain in an 'extracted' .rar file, i mean all the individual files come together to make one big .rar file, and thats it, i had this problem with a mivie called bubba-ho-tep, now it, 'somethings gotta give', cheaper by the dozen' and i cant remeber the rest. am i doing something wrong or something different that i never used to before??

4th gen
03-14-2004, 04:04 PM
Have you tried extracting the big *.rar file now?

the mask
03-14-2004, 04:16 PM
thanks for your response 4th gen, i was making an error during extraction which i have now resolved. thank you

delphin460
03-14-2004, 04:18 PM
ok im bored so i will tell you the way i do it and it should work for you

1. once a file is fully downloaded, open your download directory, and double click on the rar file

2. winrar should open and you see inside the rar file, you should see like cd1 and cd2 directories ( if its got 2 cd's )

3. click on extract at the top of winrar and choose a directory to extract it all ( make it an empty folder its easier that way

4. close winrar and go to the directory where you extracted the files to

5. open the cd1 folder (if there is one ) and right click on the first rar file and choose extract here from the menu, you only have to choose the first file and it will extract all of the others at the same time

6. in about 2 minutes you should now have the full avi file in the same folder as all the small rar files

run the avi movie and make sure its ok, then you can delete all the small rar files

7. repeat step 5 and 6 for cd2

once you have both avi files you can delete the big rar file you downloaded too, or just keep it in your shared folder for others to upload

hope this helps

the mask
03-14-2004, 04:42 PM
ok, thats cool, i have d/l a movie called '21 grams', this movie has d/l but it is not .rar, i mean the file extensions are not .rar, so have renamed them adding .rar at the end so they become extractable, but unfortunately they do not become extractable, i keep getting this error message , a dialogue box pops up and says

[URL=http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/Ca.jpg

EDIT: damn i thought a screenshot was supposed to show up!! why didnt that work

delphin460
03-14-2004, 04:49 PM
how many files to the download, its possibl its an iso or cue and bin , but i looked at that screen shot and its asking for another file, so maybe its not download fully yet

ObiWan
03-14-2004, 04:59 PM
what were they called originally

Benno
03-14-2004, 05:08 PM
You are not supposed to rename the files just open the first one (.001) with winrar.

It is a split archieve and if you rename the files winrar obviously cant find next file for extraction.

the mask
03-14-2004, 06:34 PM
ok, when the files orginally d/l, they did not have .rar extensions, the first one was alli-21gram-xvid-disc1.000 ' thats it and then the files were in ascending order upto 49 and abc said the movie was fully d/l. the reason why i have added the .rar ext is because they are not recognised by winrar in that bare state, the icons still look as if they need to be completed but i have gone to suprnova to start the d/l again but after checking existing data it says d/l complete.

EDIT: and there is 49 files for cd2 aswell

4th gen
03-14-2004, 06:36 PM
HJSplit can be a handy app. Some people use HJSplit to cut up a film, rather than winRAR

Benno
03-15-2004, 07:21 AM
Just because the files dont have a rar extension doesnt mean you cant open them with winrar, start winrar and open the first file (.001) wiith it. Then extract the movie

the mask
03-15-2004, 12:17 PM
i didnt know that, ok i tried to open the first one with winrar, but its saying the file is corrup. now what? i have 'video fixer' but that doesnt recognise the winrar files