PDA

View Full Version : What The Hell....

fkdup74
03-16-2004, 05:14 AM
has happened to the board? :blink:
it's loading at 56k speed just about
(i feel really bad for the 56kers)
is this a side effect of the anti-spam scripts?
or is it just a temoporary thing?
(it has done this quite a few times today)
all other sites i visit are fine........

h1
03-16-2004, 05:24 AM
I'm on a T3, and the board is moving at exactly 760B/s.

Mr. Blunt
03-16-2004, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by FKDUP74@15 March 2004 - 21:14
has happened to the board? :blink:
it's loading at 56k speed just about
(i feel really bad for the 56kers)
is this a side effect of the anti-spam scripts?
or is it just a temoporary thing?
(it has done this quite a few times today)
all other sites i visit are fine........
This board has always been slow on my 56k ever since this new skin. Even though 7th said that this was optimized for 56k users. It's fucking slow. :(

Rip The Jacker
03-16-2004, 06:20 AM
Isn't slow for me...

...and I'm on dial-up. :frusty:

7thElement
03-16-2004, 06:35 AM
Dialup here too and no problems but it could be that it was a bit slow while backups are running.

Automated backups are done once every 24 hours (saving user database, personal messages and member settings)

Full backups are done every 3 days (you will see a notice if full backups are running)

The anti spam feature has nothing to do with that cause the it's just 4 lines of code to generate random anti spam keys which chance with every post request.

Another reason for lag could be dns problems on your side or if you are using cable possible powerusers close to you.

Mr. Blunt
03-16-2004, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by 7thElement@15 March 2004 - 22:35
Dialup here too and no problems but it could be that it was a bit slow while backups are running.

Automated backups are done once every 24 hours (saving user database, personal messages and member settings)

Full backups are done every 3 days (you will see a notice if full backups are running)

The anti spam feature has nothing to do with that cause the it's just 4 lines of code to generate random anti spam keys which chance with every post request.

Another reason for lag could be dns problems on your side or if you are using cable possible powerusers close to you.
That's probably the reason why. ;)

fkdup74
03-16-2004, 02:36 PM
yeah, she's back to normal now, but last she was bein a pain
had me worried for a sec though :P