PDA

View Full Version : Codec Dont Work

Ad
03-09-2003, 02:59 AM
i installed kazaa codec 1.6 so i could see the video on one of th movie files now when i open the movie file the stupid fav error of XP comes up it crashes and says its been closed down would u like to send the error the report to MS (YEAH RIGHT!) I tryed re installing it didnt work i tryed installed SLD codec 1.3 when i clicked on the setrup file guess what???? my fav error what the hell do I do???

Darth Sushi
03-09-2003, 09:59 AM
Try this codec package: DivXTotalPack1.2: Click Here. (http://www.quellicheilpc.it/quelli02/download.php?op=getit&lid=306) (It's an Italian site)

It has all the audio/video codecs you'll likely need!

J'Pol
03-09-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by adthomp@9 March 2003 - 03:59
i installed kazaa codec 1.6 so i could see the video on one of th movie files now when i open the movie file the stupid fav error of XP comes up it crashes and says its been closed down would u like to send the error the report to MS (YEAH RIGHT!) I tryed re installing it didnt work i tryed installed SLD codec 1.3 when i clicked on the setrup file guess what???? my fav error what the hell do I do???
The codecs you mention do work, I have used both of them and am currently using the K-Lite one, which does a very good job.

The one thing which can cause a problem is installing packs when others are there. They seem to conflict somehow.

Can I suggest that you go to add remove programs and remove all codecs and packs. Then install the one you want. Like I said earlier either of the ones you mentioned, or the one DS suggests should work. K-Lite codecs is great for me.

Please let us know how you get on.

Ad
03-09-2003, 11:23 AM
thanks for the reply guys i figured out the problem it was the clash of codecs together. :)

J'Pol
03-09-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by adthomp@9 March 2003 - 12:23
thanks for the reply guys i figured out the problem it was the clash of codecs together. :)
Thanks for leting us know. It's always good to hear how something works out. Particularly a happy ending.