PDA

View Full Version : Question About Downloads.

Tigerbdog
03-17-2004, 02:43 AM
I have read the FAQ section but I'm having a problem that either I'm too dumb to understand or it isn't explained in the FAQ.

I usually try to download a number of songs at once. It seems like all I get are extremely slow downloads or the "more sources needed" message. However, I can close out KLR and immediately open it back up and I suddenly am gettting my downloads at great speeds...the same ones I just couldn't get. That lasts for about a minute then I lose them.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

delphin460
03-17-2004, 06:54 AM
dont download lots of songs at once as each takes a chunk of the download , do only 2 or 3 at most and pause all the rest , also ensure you upload is set to a low level , if upload is set to unlimited it will swamp your downloads

go to options and k ++ options , and set bandwidth to 24

Switeck
03-19-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by delphin460@17 March 2004 - 01:54
also ensure you upload is set to a low level , if upload is set to unlimited it will swamp your downloads

go to options and k ++ options , and set bandwidth to 24
If bandwidth is set to 24 kilobits/sec (that's only 3 KB/sec!), then set max uploads to only 1.

But if you're on broadband, you can almost certainly manage to upload at 64 kilobits/sec (8 KB/sec) without any problems -- and with 2-3 max uploads at a time. Even at this upload speed, there shouldn't be ANY download slowdowns caused by uploads.

Just make sure to hide listing of your files by others if you're sharing 50 or more at once or want to partially hide from RIAA/MPAA/BSA!

Also, DISABLE extra bandwidth to other users/uploads -- AKA optimal bandwidth while idle -- it is and always has been a VERY BROKEN feature.