PDA

View Full Version : Mega Codec Pack Problem

johnnytightlips2
03-17-2004, 08:33 PM
first off i installed and when i tried to play a xvid file it said it needed a program called avinfo then i looked in the readme file and found out that you need to uninstall all real and quicktime players. then i uninstalled codec pack and tried to install it again then when it was installing it said rolling back changes then the installation window disappeard. please somebody help me.

EDIT: i found out that the rolling back is occured by a error caused by a file named pncart.dll in the system 32 folder.

WHAT SHOULD I DO???????????????????

Supernatural
03-18-2004, 03:30 AM
>format -c

Jg427
03-18-2004, 04:48 AM
Is the dll missing in the system 32 folder?
Is the name of the dll PNCRT.DLL instead of pncart.dll?
You can try downloading the missing dll from here (http://www.useyourbrain.co.uk/computing-missing-files-download-6.htm) and put it in the system 32 folder. I don't know if that dll needs to be registered or not.

Entity101
03-18-2004, 11:22 AM
pncrt.dll is a component of the realmedia codecs

delphin460
03-18-2004, 11:25 AM
ok try this , uninstall the codec pack , and this time , reinstall it , but go to the options in the install section and only choose the codec,s you need , usualy these are the xvid and divx ones , and unselect the rest

this should stop the conflict

johnnytightlips2
03-18-2004, 05:38 PM
thanks for the help guys and i got the problem fixed by not selecting the realmedia codecs that dont really need. man i was scared like hell thinking that i wouldnt be able to not get the codecs fixed. thanks again. :lol: :lol: :lol: