PDA

View Full Version : I Am Having A Problem......

Birdbrain
03-19-2004, 09:26 PM
OKay, I d/l the X2 - X-Men United files called:

X2_X-Men_United_(2003).CD1.PROPER.AC3.DVL.ShareReactor
X2_X-Men_United_(2003).CD2.PROPER.AC3.DVL.ShareReactor

Then, when I try to play it, it says "codec error" and only plays the movie with no sound. I am a newbie to all this, so what do I have to d/l to get it to play the sounds? :helpsmile: I would appreciate feedback. Thanks!

Ciao!

KLResurrectionUser
03-19-2004, 09:38 PM
What you need my friend is to uninstall codecs that u already have
and replace it with K-Lite Mega Codec Pack which you can find at http://kdp.57host.biz/codecs.php

and that should solve your problem.

(and since ur a new to all this...when u get to the option to intall it will ask u for type of intallation you want
playback+encoding,
playback, or
custom.
You probably wanna choose playback to keep it short, sweet and simple.

enjoy the film.

Birdbrain
03-19-2004, 10:26 PM
Hey Thanks man! Well, now I have a new problem. I can hear the sound, but it is really faint. I turned up my speakers all the way and can still barely hear it. Any suggestions on how to cure this problem?

KLResurrectionUser
03-19-2004, 11:14 PM
hmmm..thats a new one for me..u might wanna post this issue on a seperate topic. it could be complicated and im no expert.

try fiddleing around with the audio codec setup dealing with AC3 codec or reinstall the the AC3 codec seperatly..coz i think thats wots causing the trouble here. tiny chance its probably been curupted during the installation. but i might be wrong...
or
check that ur audio wire hasnt come loose ..that happens to me sometimes.
or
maybe the file itself is currupt. personally i dont really trust sharereactor stuff. thre quality is not alwasy that great from what ive seen.

good luck