PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Help Me, Kazaa Lite Starts But It Wont

lildevil_017
03-20-2004, 08:51 PM
I dont know whats wrong, it never loads. Actully, it's more like it freezes everytime I open it.

Image Resized
Image Resized
[img]http://mars.walagata.com/w/lildevil017/kl.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> (http://mars.walagata.com/w/lildevil017/kl.jpg)
That is a pic of my desktop when I open Kazaa Lite. And It happens with all Kazaa Lite related programs. Like Kazaa lite 2.4.3,(Which I always used, and is the same one where the problem started to show up.)2.3, 2.2, even Clean KMD 2.4.4!

It just stays like that and does not do anything. It basically freezes.

Can anyone help. thanks.

Aaron_T
03-20-2004, 11:07 PM
what RAM does ur PC have? :)

MUSLEMAN
03-20-2004, 11:46 PM
it used to work and now recently it strated doing this??

lildevil_017
03-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Yes, it used to work, now its doing that. It never goes beyond what you see in the picture of my desktop.

My RAM is about 64 megabytes.

I looked through the forum and found a couple of topics which are some what similar to what I have. There, they told the poeple with the problem that there was a bad .dat file in their shared folder,and to delete the db folder.

Well, I did that, from all teh kazaa folders. I also moved all of of the files in my shared folder to a temporary folder, but it still didnt work.

Oddly enough, Clean KMD 2.6 seems to work but the rest don't. I really dont like CKMD2.6, it's not like K-lite 2.4.3, and its seems to be slower.

Can anyone help me further.

MUSLEMAN
03-21-2004, 12:07 AM
what is your os??

lildevil_017
03-21-2004, 12:13 AM
XP

MUSLEMAN
03-21-2004, 02:52 AM
it might be your ram, see xp it self recommends 256MB of ram, you only have 64.

also tell me where you found your db folder

and do you set it to start with xp??

what is your firewall??

lildevil_017
03-21-2004, 03:22 AM
Ok, I checked my system and it turns out that my RAM is this:
Capacity: 126.48 MB

My db folder was in C:\Documents &Settings\**username**\application data\kazaalite\db\

There was another one in C:\Program files\Kazaa Lite\db\

It is not set to start when windows starts.

And I dont think I have a firewall, LOL unless there is a way i could check if i have one.

Another thing, there are two main users on this computer.
User A has k-lite with the shared folder in C:\My Shared Folder.
User B has k-lite with the shared folder in C:\Program Files\Kazaa Lite\My Shared Foder.

Actually, now that I remember, the problem started when I looged on as User B and then K-lite started to show those problems. Before, it worked on User A, but after the problems showed up on User B, they started to happen on User A also.

Anyway, now, I deleted all the Kazaa folders, moved all my files to a diffrent folder and got rid of ALL my shared folders.

So, got an idea.

MUSLEMAN
03-21-2004, 03:48 AM
save your files from shared folder to temp folder then

you need to uninstall klite( any versions you have)

go to program file delete any kazaa folder you see

delete any db folder you have

do this for all users and versions

what seems to have happen is that you have 2 different klites on your pc boss.

one is the newer one that has the shared folder under c:drive and db folder under application data,

then you got the older one which has both shared folder and db folder under program files.

clean pc of all traces of kazaa, run av and adaware to clean pc, reboot, then install klite 2.4.4 or klr2.5.0 or k-lite2.6 from here, for now choose only one (http://ktechsupport.clicdev.com/f/index.php?act=idx) then let me know if it works or not

lildevil_017
03-21-2004, 03:58 AM
Ok, I'll do that, but one thing???
What is that link that you gave me for??? It only takes me to another forum where I cant seem to get into any topics.

Was I supposed to download from there?

Anyway, I'll do what you told me and I report once I'm done.
THANKS FOR THE HELP! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!

MUSLEMAN
03-21-2004, 04:55 AM
that link is to kltforums where you register real quick and can find all versions of klite and alot more info, you have to register because there are things there that can't be public :lol:

lildevil_017
03-21-2004, 05:07 AM
Yeah, I figured , theres a lot of helpful stuff around here.

Well, Ill call it a day for today. It's 11:15 and Im really tired. I'll continue tomorrow with that you told me to do. Once again, thanks for the help.

MUSLEMAN
03-21-2004, 05:13 AM
np boss feel free to continue this at kltforums because there i have a lot of walk thru incase we need them :lol:

h1
03-21-2004, 08:20 AM
But best of all, you have me! :D

lildevil_017
03-21-2004, 06:32 PM
Ok, I did everything,
and I downloaded this: Kazaa Lite Resurrection 2.5.0 - 0.0.7
from the other forum that you gave me.
So I guess it would be Klr2.5.0 even though the file I downloaded was 007.exe

Anyway, the same thing still happened. It still froze.

Any idea.

lildevil_017
03-21-2004, 06:48 PM
I got rid of Klr
and downloaded the klite 2.6 rc19 and it did work. Thats odd, if I install one that has to do with the original Kazaa, it seems to work.
But None of the other K-lites work. The ones with the blue logo.

oxygenuk
03-21-2004, 07:13 PM
xp on 64mb of ram? holy sh** :o. i suggest u get more ram or get a new os :P like win98

MUSLEMAN
03-22-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by lildevil_017@21 March 2004 - 14:48
I got rid of Klr
and downloaded the klite 2.6 rc19 and it did work.  Thats odd, if I install one that has to do with the original Kazaa, it seems to work. 
But None of the other K-lites work. The ones with the blue logo.
2.6 is a nice one too boss, its not even finall i imagine the rc20 should be out soon and you can use magnet links with it also :lol:

i belive you got a db folder some place else you are not catching, see all the kmd kazaa's have the db folder in the same folder as klite itself, but the klite 2.4.x and klr have their db folder else where, that is the difference between them :lol:

h1
03-22-2004, 04:39 AM
64MB RAM is 458MB below the recommended amount for XP. Either install 2000 Professional or add some more sticks.

lildevil_017
03-22-2004, 11:09 PM
My RAM is 128, but I guess that is still too low. LOL

But really, so the thing is that I'm missing a db folder everytime I delete them huh?

Well, I guess I have to keep looking.