PDA

View Full Version : Ps2 Opinions

PMstudios_server
03-09-2003, 01:47 PM
I feel that Ps2 has much better games that either Gamecube or Xbox. The proboem with the latter two systems is that they were released a year after the PS2. This gives the PS2 a whole year's worth of games more than its competitors. There are no good games for GC really, and Xbox only has a few (DOA Beach Volleyball, 007 Nightfire, HALO). Even though it is argueable whih system truely has the best graphics, I feel that PS2 wins because of its games and two other reasons.

1) I have gotten to play it for a year more than anything else.
2) It is a DVD player without any sort of upgrade (while Xbox costs money and GC can't at all).

Schmiggy_JK23
03-11-2003, 09:03 AM
ps2 without a doubt...

can we say grand theft auto? yup... ffx... GT3... oh ya.

TJX
03-11-2003, 09:53 AM
All the really good xbox and ps2 games comes to pc anyway, but the good gc games won't...thats something to consider i guess,...but if I have to choose one of the consoles I'll go with ps2 because of the prices and games..

Paul_NFFC
03-12-2003, 09:35 AM
ps2 sucks i sold mine 3months ago and also xbox rocks :D

by the way while im here...why is this in the verified hashes section????? shouldent it be in the normal consoles bit or maybe even in the lounge needs moving

Chilly
03-12-2003, 10:11 AM
PS2 without a doubt, get a good game called The Getaway ;)

Flava
03-15-2003, 10:10 PM
PS2, y? Squaresoft nuff said, oh yea i guess there making games for nintendo again, so GC isnt PURE crap, since it also has Metroid Prime (if u havnt played this, do so, its fun as hell) but yea, PS2 ownz everything but my PC B)

ryanraab
03-16-2003, 04:16 AM
Because were talking about ps2 the newest emulator can finally play commerial games but only blade 2 and mortal kombat 5 but that is pretty good. Playing on the computer is way better because it looks better if you have a fast enough computer ofcoarse.

Fakew!ngsMaha
03-16-2003, 06:41 AM
about the DVD thing...

I guess its a nice option, however, i know ppl who dont even use their PS2 for DVDs, probably because they already have a DVD player. Also, soon the gfx is all gonna look practically the same. I myself have a Gamecube, i like it yea...connecting it to my GBA...
i dun see a big difference in the 3 consoules..because...i dont but i really like Gamecube's controllers...not too confusing, no Xs and Os and Triangles and Squares, its not too big and UFO saucer looking. and, the rumble pak is in teh controller...uh huh... :ph34r: ...randomly putting in emoticons...yea...

Flava
03-16-2003, 10:18 PM
hmmmm yea, i already had a dvd player like over a year before ps2 came out, so that was a wasted feature for me, i personally think they should of made 2 ps2&#39;s, one w/a dvd player, and one w/out......... <_<

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-16-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Flava@16 March 2003 - 14:18
hmmmm yea, i already had a dvd player like over a year before ps2 came out, so that was a wasted feature for me, i personally think they should of made 2 ps2&#39;s, one w/a dvd player, and one w/out......... <_<
It doesn&#39;t matter. Why do you care if it has one or not? The price would still be the same IMO because of the Xbox and all.

StEpS
03-17-2003, 12:51 AM
In my opinion, when ps1 came out, it was the best console to play on, and now that ps2 is here it is still in first place ahead of xbox and gamecube, although i have xbox too because of halo and splinter cell. But xbox next is going to come out before ps3 in a couple years, so that will be a change in order of release, sony usually always comes out first. I can&#39;t wait to try those consoles. :D

Twist3r
03-17-2003, 01:48 AM
Xbox OWNZ ps2 cause of the graphix there are 2 games that would be nice if they made for xbox gta3 and vice city but i like xboxes games like: DOA extreme beach vollyball BMXXX Halo Jet set radio ece

namzuf9
03-19-2003, 10:27 PM
Just something to add- The PS2 and Xbox can both play DivX movies as of yet you cant do this on th GC.
My two penneth worth.

Mudvayne
03-20-2003, 12:18 AM
The PS2 is the most stupid one it sucks for real Gamers and console games fans Nintendo has always be the best the SNES was the best console ever created and will remain as one of the bestsbut PS2 has more games just because is american but go to japan to see how many gamecube games are there theres a lot of great quality games for gamecube when gamecube release one of their games it cames with the best quality look at Metroid, Zelda and a lot more that gets high scores keeping a lot of reality and quality not like ps2 games. Metroid Prime has a 9.8 score almost perfect eternal darkness and Super Smash bro are at 9.6 now go and see the ps2 ones the higher is Grand turismo with 9.8 but what about the quality nothing a car that can take on any territory and never get out of the ground it is like glued to the road you can have ny type of accidents and the car does not have a single scar thats way unrealistic now what about gand theft auto thats a good game I like it but whats the pint of being so wanted it is just for you to say Look Mom I&#39;m killing I feel bad now hey mom can I work for the Mafia? Thats so stupid. PS2 has more games because of the america goverment when they want money the get money thats what americans live for.

PinkPig
04-05-2003, 08:00 PM
GC is a far better games system than the PS2 or X-BOX, IMO.

"The Avatar Man"
04-05-2003, 09:01 PM
the whole more games argument is on the ps2&#39;s side but those in the know will tell you that a modded xbox owns ANYTHING OUT THERE.it&#39;s truly amazing what that box can do once you get past microsoft&#39;s laughable defenses :lol: