PDA

View Full Version : Internet Download Problem Help!

GrubMe
03-21-2004, 08:37 AM
Hello...

For some reason eveytime I download a visual theme example (263KB)
It goes to my temporary internet files instead of asking me to save the target and put it on my desktop.

There must be a way to default it.
Thanks, please respond.

h1
03-21-2004, 08:41 AM
This is a server setting which you cannot change. A few sites do this, such as Winamp.

GrubMe
03-21-2004, 08:49 AM
ohhhhh......

Darn!
About if I delete the cookies?

Since...
I tried to test downloading a program it asks me!

I unticked this box that says dont show this warning so I did and I had this problem darn!!!!!

Ariel_001
03-21-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by GrubMe@21 March 2004 - 08:37
Hello...

For some reason eveytime I download a visual theme example (263KB)
It goes to my temporary internet files instead of asking me to save the target and put it on my desktop.

There must be a way to default it.
Thanks, please respond.
I do not really understand your question. You mean when you click on a file it opens right away? You could always just save what ever it is and open from your computer. (right click -> Save target as... in IE)

How about posting a link to this site. That will be more helpful.

GrubMe
03-21-2004, 09:44 AM
IT WILL NOT APPEAR THE WINDOWS DOWNLOAD BAR IF I TRY TO DOWNLOAD A ZIP FILE --> IT JUST AUTO DOWNLOADS AND GOES STRAIGHT TO MY TEMP FOLDER AND OPENS IT!

it auto opens the zip file... it does not ask me to save it where i want to save it, instead it saves to temp files and opens it...

GrubMe
03-21-2004, 10:12 AM
UPDATE!!!!!!!!

I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!! YES

first I installed Download plus thought that would default the windows download bar thing... then I uninstalled it since it was useless didnt work it did not default it sooooo..... i tried going to folder options just common sence in mind ;)

Then went to file types -------> then went to zip files -----> advancded and checked the 2 boxs that ARE IMPORTANT ONE SAYS OPEN TO CONFIRM DOWNLOAD so i tried downloading hijackthis.zip AND IT WORKED....

SORRY IM VERY SLEEPY RIGHT NOW DONT CARE WHAT I TYPE!
DONT CARE IF I DONT MAKE SINCE SORRY!!!!!!!