PDA

View Full Version : 'the Ring' Audio Problem Help Plz

bronco
03-09-2003, 03:48 PM
Ok here goes hope you guys can help with this.

Ive just completed d/loading The Ring,dvd screener[ViTIE] osloskop cd1 and 2 and there's a lot of breaks in the speech and sound :angry:

It's took me quite a while to get this,is this a 'dodgy' version ive d/loaded?
I have all the codecs and tryed it in ZooM player/PowerDvD and Media Player but same thing in all happens, sounds ok @ 1st then gets a little hard to hear then NO SOUND AT ALL :angry:

Can anyone help?????

Crackedup
03-09-2003, 03:56 PM
Ok - a few suggestions. Try checking out the movie file with GSpot. It will tell you if you have the right AUDIO codecs installed. I think your movie is encoded with Xvid. Whilst this is purely a video codec - there often seems to be sound problems with the resulting file . There is a program called TFM that you can use to boost poor sound on DivX/Xvid movies - I suggest you set it to x 2.5 in the control panel for the program. Good luck in fixing your problem.

TFM Audio Filter (http://www.tfm.ro)

GSpot (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/)

bronco
03-09-2003, 04:31 PM
Right thanks for the help Crackedup followed your advice and ran G-Spot and it gave some messed up results(i think)

It says that is was unable to find an audio codec that will decompress this format(WAVE_ FORMAT_ AC3)

Yet i have the AC3 codec installed and the sound plays ok sometimes,just not ALL the time,gaps like i said before.

Also it says that 'Directshow WAS able to render sound though'

I have not read any other threads where's ppl have had problems with sound like me.

Any suggestions anyone, im confused :rolleyes:

Crackedup
03-09-2003, 04:41 PM
You say you have all the codecs installed, but which codec packs - I think the best two are the Kazaa L codec pack 1.6 or SLD Pro 1.5 beta 6. People will probably think I work with the SLD guys the number of times I recommend it, but it really is very good. Sorted out tons of problems I've had in the past........Only other thing is you could have a crap, corrupted d/l or just a poor copy.

bronco
03-09-2003, 05:10 PM
My codec pack is the DivX bundle but ive installed the AC3 filter separate.

Also is the copy i have not the most common one(Dvd Screener,ViTIE)...

Crackedup
03-09-2003, 05:41 PM
bronco, sometimes fixing these problems is a little bit trial and error - god knows I've had enough headaches over the last few months!. I suggest you try installing a codec pack, which includes a whole lot more than the DivX bundles I think. If it doesn't work you can always remove it or if it causes a conflict. I personally have never d/l a movie where the sound comes and goes and then stops - in most cases it works fine or you get nothing. Perhaps you can use a program like VirtualDub to help with your problem, but this is where you may need the help of the techie whizz kids, as I find it a bit hard going.

Linkton
03-09-2003, 06:40 PM
Bronco, I have exactly the same problem as you have with "The Ring" xvid screener. Please tell me if you guys can figure out a way to fix it! :(

bronco
03-09-2003, 06:47 PM
Glad i'm not the only one(in a nice way ;) )

Still trying to solve this but no luck yet
Installed the SLD Pro 1.5 beta 6 codecs but no joy.

Now fumbling my way thru virtual dub...not sure how to use it! trying to check/fix bad frames,heard there's alot with this movie.

Linkton
03-09-2003, 08:28 PM
Hmmmm....I had the same audio codec problem as you did, bronco, but installing the SLD Codec Pack v1.5 (Beta 6) (http://www.skynet.levillage.org/EN/downloadbetas-EN.htm) fixed it for me :rolleyes: . My problem was that I would have sound playback as usual, except the video would slow down at points all over the place, givin me one jittery, crappy, film. :(

bronco
03-10-2003, 10:42 AM
Problems continue :rolleyes:

Did'nt want to post another thread as (i think) this is related to this.
Having just previewed the lotr two tower 3 cd version i have a similar problem with the sound :(
There's just no SPEECH at all but there IS other sound like fx and background sound eg,explosions etc.

Long shot and probably no such thing but could there be a specific codec for speech audio that i could be missing???

TClite
03-10-2003, 01:37 PM
sounds like your having a run of bad luck bronco, i dont doubt there is a member of this board that hasnt had a codec problem, myself included, i have a dvd quality rip of lotr2 towers pm me for a direct download via my ftp and see how this one goes...as you can be asured it runs fine

edit
oops...sorry, for some reason i thought we were talking about lotr! cant help you out with the ring.....sorry, lol :blink: :o

bronco
03-10-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by TClite@10 March 2003 - 14:37
sounds like your having a run of bad luck bronco, i dont doubt there is a member of this board that hasnt had a codec problem, myself included, i have a dvd quality rip of lotr2 towers pm me for a direct download via my ftp and see how this one goes...as you can be asured it runs fine

edit
oops...sorry, for some reason i thought we were talking about lotr! cant help you out with the ring.....sorry, lol :blink: :o
I'm after both movies maybe the reason i'm having so much trouble is 'cause they both have 'ring' in the name :blink: lol ;)

GhostDog
03-10-2003, 05:26 PM
Hey,

I had the same I fixed it by installing ac3filter_0_63b. And it works fine now.

Hope this helps.

Its a great film. :D

bronco
03-10-2003, 05:28 PM
I DON'T BELIEVE IT!! I HAVE FIXED IT :D :D :D :D :D :D
Pardon me for going a little crazy there but i'm so happy :D :D

Don't ask how tho because i don't know,just trial and error ;)
Anyways, everything's fine now thanks a lot guys for trying to help

bronco

*edit* GhostDog you just posted while i was replying,ive got to say i think it was the filter you just pointed out,think i got it when i installed a codec called 'Moonlight'
p.s did you get your name from GhostDog the film with forrest whittaker.... liked that film alot :)

GhostDog
03-10-2003, 11:45 PM
I did get my name from that film. Its just a great movie. :ph34r:

You like the ring?

bronco
03-11-2003, 09:14 AM
Not seen it yet,but ive heard its quite good and pretty scary :o , although it's mainly for the mrs she likes the scary stuff.

People do say though that the jap and other versions are better.

GhostDog
03-11-2003, 09:56 PM
The other ver is better but this is still a really good movie.