PDA

View Full Version : Capturing From Dv--> Avi --> Mpeg1

kazaaman
03-22-2004, 12:26 AM
I used nero vision xpress to capture my video and converted it to mpeg 1 with TMPGENC.

When i played it the sound was much deeper and slower than the sound of children.

See it was my brothers concert and when i played it after i converted it to MPEG 1, it sounded like adults were singing very slowly.

I captured through my firewire card.

I have Canon Dv camcorder and I dont know what is wrong the sound. If someone can help me i would appreciate it very much.

I have all my codecs installed (Kl Codec 2.24 Full)

CHEERS

delphin460
03-22-2004, 03:43 AM
use the software that came with you cam to capture, as nero encodes it while capturing and thus creates your problem

alt get ulead movie studio or adobe premiere, and do it all with them

your original capture should be exactly the same as on your came , huge avi file

then you use a video editing tool to slice it up to a final edit , then encode it to divx or mpg,

a couple of other video editors i use are

main concept eve
pure motion edit studio
ulead movie factory
adobe premiere

all of these will do the job , but will crack it if the capture is not raw avi

kazaaman
03-22-2004, 08:31 PM
How do you know if it is a raw avi file?

lightshow
03-22-2004, 09:38 PM
Before you converted it to MPEG-1 with Tempgenc, was the movie that Nero made bad? What format did nero put it in? (mpg1, 2,avi, etc.)

kazaaman
03-23-2004, 08:23 PM
I used nero vision express and i converted it to Mpeg 1 the Avi file was like 3 gigs tho.

bkdvnyc
03-23-2004, 11:27 PM
dv avi is normally 3 mbs a second
use the software that came with your camera
or any high end editing software, i personally use adobe premiere pro

Robert00000
03-23-2004, 11:56 PM
did the avi you capture sound ok? if not then you have to adjust the input sound on the capture software, recording at a lower level.

kazaaman
03-24-2004, 09:10 PM
The sound was pretty good. It sounded normal. I think its the converting problem.