foam
loft lagging
carpet
bubblewrap
tile
tinfoil (alluminium)

heres an example
Bare Can (copper)
This is a red can which is a good conductor of electricity and heat, and is has a low level of reactivity.Copper is a member of the transition metals and forms ionic compounds, it is unaffected by water and acids The can will have no form of lagging at all and so will rely totally on the copper can to trap the heat from the water and keep it hot. The bare can has a big disadvantage compared to the other cans as the other cans have both the coppers insulation to trap the heat as well as their form of lagging. Copper is a really good conductor, so good that it is used as the conductor in most electrical plugs, and wires, and so will be a poor insulator. This means that the bare can should lose a lot of heat very quickly, and will most probably lose the most heat out of all the laggings.

can someone do that for each material??

Lamsey
03-22-2004, 02:11 AM
You'll find all you need to know about just about any substance on this (http://www.google.com) handy website.

DWk
03-22-2004, 02:16 AM
Lolz.

Lamsey that site sucks..... scribblec check this (http://www.yahoo.com) one. Well you can use Lamsey's as well :rolleyes:

scribblec
03-22-2004, 02:20 AM
cant someone else do it as im a bit blind these days

or at least tell me what to type in the search engine

JONNO_CELEBS
03-22-2004, 02:21 AM
You lazy git Scrib :lol:

Jonno B)

scribblec
03-22-2004, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@22 March 2004 - 02:21
You lazy git Scrib :lol:

Jonno B)
:P

Cheese
03-22-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by scribblec@22 March 2004 - 01:20

Type 'Britney Spears Nude' into the search engine that'll get you some results. ;)

scribblec
03-22-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese+22 March 2004 - 02:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 22 March 2004 - 02:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-scribblec@22 March 2004 - 01:20

Type &#39;Britney Spears Nude&#39; into the search engine that&#39;ll get you some results. ;) [/b][/quote]
done that already :lol:

JONNO_CELEBS
03-22-2004, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by scribblec+22 March 2004 - 02:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scribblec @ 22 March 2004 - 02:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Withcheese@22 March 2004 - 02:23
<!--QuoteBegin-scribblec@22 March 2004 - 01:20

Type &#39;Britney Spears Nude&#39; into the search engine that&#39;ll get you some results. ;)
done that already :lol: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

Spider_dude
03-22-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by scribblec@22 March 2004 - 02:02
hi all

i need a little information on these materials

Paper
foam
loft lagging
carpet
bubblewrap
tile
tinfoil (alluminium)

heres an example
Bare Can (copper)
This is a red can which is a good conductor of electricity and heat, and is has a low level of reactivity.Copper is a member of the transition metals and forms ionic compounds, it is unaffected by water and acids The can will have no form of lagging at all and so will rely totally on the copper can to trap the heat from the water and keep it hot. The bare can has a big disadvantage compared to the other cans as the other cans have both the coppers insulation to trap the heat as well as their form of lagging. Copper is a really good conductor, so good that it is used as the conductor in most electrical plugs, and wires, and so will be a poor insulator. This means that the bare can should lose a lot of heat very quickly, and will most probably lose the most heat out of all the laggings.

can someone do that for each material??
chemistry homework is it?