PDA

View Full Version : Tv-out

Confuzzled
03-09-2003, 07:19 PM
AHH !!! So okay.. lemme explain what we got... and whatnot.. we got a GeForce Verto MX-440 AGP Vid Card.
S-Vid out... We got a TV hooked up with the S-Vid thing... we got the movie to the screen but no sound... we wanna record the movie also... but the VCR has no S-Vid thing.... we got like a little box thingy...lol.... were we can put the s-vid from the pc into the "in".. and av- connections in the "out"... and connect them to the tv or vcr... But we can't get the screen to pick up on the vcr....

(AHHHH !!! hope I make sense... :unsure:, didn't take me long to get all confuzzled again....)

We can't figure out how to hook it up for the tv to be on channel 3.. and the pc screen to be on the tv.. so we can record... and there is still that sound problem... so if anyone can help any way.. PLEASE DO !!!! :blink: THANKS !!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Or if this makes more sense...

We hav tv out on our pc.. and we are tryin to record onto vhs... but get no sound.... how can we get sound ??? Heck.. when we try to record... we don't even get a picture..... :blink:

danne
03-09-2003, 07:50 PM
Go and have a look at this thread: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...ST&f=31&t=16118 (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=31&t=16118). Just put the SCART to the VHS instead of the TV.

Confuzzled
03-09-2003, 08:08 PM
Thanks danne. ! But when we hook up the scart to the vcr... but when we turn it on.. we only get a blue screen.. we are certain..we think.. we have it set up correctly...... :blink:

danne
03-09-2003, 08:28 PM
So, if you just put the signal through the VHS, do you get a picture on your TV ? If not, are you sure you have put the SCART as input on the VHS ?

As for sound, you saw the pic of the little converter I posted in the other thread ? Is that what you have ? If you use somehting like it, you shouldn't have any problems with sound. Do you have any RCA audio-in on the VCR ? If so, try connect there and see if you get any sound.

Confuzzled
03-09-2003, 09:02 PM
What channel should the vcr be on to record whats coming from the computer... ?? Should like if we plug the rca connections to the vcr... L2 lets say... we put the TV on ch. 3 and the vcr on l2.. and it should work right ? Cuz we cant hav it connected to the tv and record...right bc it like won't be able to ..cuz we cant put it on ch. 3 ? (i hope i am makin sense)Cuz when we hav it directly connected to the tv... the s-vid thing only.. we put it on video 1.. and get a picture but no sound....

We are trying to find a pic of the SCART we bought.. at least we think its a SCART... :blink: ... It looks just like the pic of the SCART... except its a little different.... it has 4 "in" RCA connections... a/v and s-vid.. and one "out" rca & a/v connection.. (and well there is one for speakers too... on tha front...)

Do we even have the right thing.. its called a Video Source Solector.... Yeah.. we have RCA a/v in and out on the tv and vcr.... we hav moved them all around with no success.. *bangs head on table... :blink: ...
but we will try again.... maybe we mixed something up....

Since our SCART.. again if thats what we hav... :blink: ... is multi.. do we put the s-vid from out pc into the "in" Rca... and the rca a/v connections from one of the "out" things to our tv/vcr... to the "in" on them... When we try to connect to the vcr.. its always blu.. but if we go straight with the s-vid to our tv... we at least get a pic....

We jsut retried to connect them... we are positive we hav it connected right.... when we use the SCART to the tv or vcr it don't work............ AHH !!!

*please...excuse my crappy writing.... :blink:

Confuzzled
03-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Also we didn't know if for some reason or another if we need to by a new sound card, one with the audio out things on it.. If we did.. could we just connect them to our vcr and get sound ? But then what about the video still not showin up on the vcr.. .AHHHHHHH !!! :unsure:

nahan
03-09-2003, 09:54 PM
what sort of sound system are you running on your computer?
because you should try connecing the audio from the amp (if you have one)
into the input of your vcr.
the s video would be connected to your tv.

then run a rca cable from your video output of the tv and into the input of the vcr.
select the input corresponding to the to the input you have plugged the rca cabes into

this might not work for you but if you tell me more about your system i can help,i have had the same problem.

sequish
03-09-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Confuzzled@9 March 2003 - 22:13
Also we didn't know if for some reason or another if we need to by a new sound card, one with the audio out things on it.. If we did.. could we just connect them to our vcr and get sound ? But then what about the video still not showin up on the vcr.. .AHHHHHHH !!! :unsure:
first off hook your vid out from cpu to vid in on vcr(it can be svid or rca or a combo with a convertion connecter,if its over 35 feet you need a signal booster)now use the vcr menu to enable video in or aux in, most vcrs require you to turn to channel 0 or 1 on the vcr for aux to work.now hook up vid out from vcr to tv(on channel 3) in (by svid,rca or even coaxle)most have all 3 types with coaxle you dont need rca sound conecters between the tv & vcr since it carries both signals witch brings us to your sound prob you said you conected vid card to your vcr but said nothing about conecting your soundcard to your vcr most sound card only have one plug hole for your computer speakers so you will need 2 two way spliter plug one into the sound out on your soundcard now plug computer speakers into one tail and the other two way splitter into the other tail you now have two leftover tails for conecting rca left and right speaker wire to the sound in L&R on your vcr next to the vedio in.your now ready to record while you watch it on the tv.p.s. you dont have to worry about signal loss with audio. hope that helps :rolleyes:

Confuzzled
03-10-2003, 02:10 AM
:) THANK YA'LL SOOO MUCH FOR ALL YA'LLS HELP !!! It FINALLY WORKS NOW !!! After a little of this.. and a little of that.... :D PERFECTION !!!