PDA

View Full Version : Allmusicguide.com Adds Song Samples

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-23-2004, 10:44 PM
Image Resized
[img]http://bellsouthpwp.net/F/u/FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN/allmusic.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://bellsouthpwp.net/F/u/FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN/allmusic.JPG')

CrumbCat
03-23-2004, 10:59 PM
Slayer ? ? ?

That's so 80's ! ! !

:lol: :P :music1:

Jibbler
03-23-2004, 11:00 PM
What format are the samples in? Guess this move will keep them in competition with amazon.com :music1:

CrumbCat
03-23-2004, 11:01 PM
Windows Media...... BLAH ! ! !

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-24-2004, 03:26 AM
:( They have Pop ups now.Me and CrumbCat talking about that.Man.....this was the bible of Music.It is still good and love the new features.But pop ups?Guess something has to pay the bills. :blink:

Adster
03-24-2004, 03:52 AM
Nice I like it :D

Illuminati
03-24-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@24 March 2004 - 04:26
:( They have Pop ups now.Me and CrumbCat talking about that.Man.....this was the bible of Music.It is still good and love the new features.But pop ups?Guess something has to pay the bills. :blink:
Nice :)

Though on the pop-up issue, best bet's to get a pop-up killer for IE or get another browser that has pop-up killer features as standard (e.g. Opera or Mozilla FireFox :)) That should help with the pop-ups :D

ahctlucabbuS
03-24-2004, 10:20 AM
Yea nice move, seems to me it just got somewhat better.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-24-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Barky@24 March 2004 - 05:20
Yea nice move, seems to me it just got somewhat better.
:D Ohhh yeah it has. :D

That Pop Up is not happening anymore.And almost every Album has clips for every Song.I do not know how they are doing it.But man that is too cool.

Half the reason I went to amazon.com all the time was for that.Not no more. :P

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-24-2004, 09:48 PM
:( They took them all down.I knew it was too good to be true. :(

mogadishu
03-25-2004, 05:37 AM
wonder if they took it down cus it was too much traffic or they didnt have the rights? but isnt allmusic part of amg - so they could atleast have their artists...

Adster
03-25-2004, 05:52 AM
that sux I just get home from Opeth didn't even get to check out any samples

ahctlucabbuS
04-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Apparently the music samples will be back soon:

Taken from the amg insider newsletter

Now for the big news: allmusic.com is undergoing a well-deserved makeover! Shhhh...don’t tell anyone. It’s a secret that only Insiders know.

In the coming months, look for the unveiling of a completely revamped site with expanded content, improved functionality, and a compelling new look. Feedback from our users was a direct inspiration for much of the new site. We’ve listened to your suggestions and requests and we’ve responded.

The new allmusic will remain completely free to our users. However, access to portions of the site that have been designated as Premium Content will require registration through a simple online form. Is the Premium Content worth registering for?  You tell us!

Premium Content includes:
Music Samples – Over 5 million samples woven throughout the site
Advanced Search – An expanded search function that powers more refined search of the allmusic archive. Additions include expanded search terms (i.e. birth date, birth place, UPC) and the ability to search using multiple search terms (i.e. search for indie rock albums with an AMG Rating greater than 3 stars)
Expanded Artist Info
Expanded Album Info
New Editorial Features – AMG will guide you through an exploration of the “best of the best” where you’ll discover both critically acclaimed notables and lesser-known gems in thousands of categories.
The allmusic site generates revenue only through advertising and the sale of products through its commerce partners. Registration allows us to gather limited information about our users in order to attract more relevant partners. AMG does not sell, rent or trade the personal information of its users and individual personal information is never shared outside of AMG. Only aggregate information is shared with third parties (i.e. 30% of our users are between the ages of x and y, or x% of our users are from outside the US.)

Nightwolf
04-02-2004, 07:12 PM
Keywords: "Premium Content"

In other words you&#39;ll probably have to pay for a membership to the site to get the music samples. <_<

Gutter
04-02-2004, 07:43 PM
bummer

I still got albums AMG knows nothing of :lol:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
04-02-2004, 08:48 PM
*EDIT&#33;*

:D I just got my AMG insider letter also&#33;Woohoo.They did not forget about me.And I just signed up for a 7th time thinking they did. :P :lol: :P

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
04-02-2004, 08:58 PM
Vote at Allmusic Guide (http://writer.allmusic.com/allmusicvote.html)

:D Well let them know what you think about all this. :D

ahctlucabbuS
04-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Nightwolf+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nightwolf)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>In other words you&#39;ll probably have to pay for a membership to the site to get the music samples[/b]

Originally posted by AMG@
The new allmusic will remain completely free to our users. However, access to portions of the site that have been designated as Premium Content will require registration through a simple online form.

<!--QuoteBegin-AMG

The allmusic site generates revenue only through advertising and the sale of products through its commerce partners. Registration allows us to gather limited information about our users in order to attract more relevant partners.[/quote]

Hopefully you will only have to register. Thats what I read into those quotes.