PDA

View Full Version : Explorer Refreshes..

Wolfmight
03-24-2004, 02:36 AM
I noticed sometimes when there's like CPU overload or something.. when i try to open a folder.. windows explorer has to refresh and everything but the wallpaper disapears-then-reappears.
How do i fix this.

I'm not sure, but maybe RegSeeker started the problem from the Bad-Reg-Cleaner tool it has.

4play
03-24-2004, 02:43 AM
sounds like windows having a bit of soft crashing. it restarts explorer sometimes when it deadlocks and it is nearly impossible to tell what it is that did it.

I would either go for a clean install again or get yourself a debugger and learn how to use it to see whats causing it.

supersonic
03-24-2004, 03:24 AM
When opening lage files in CDs or any other large sized stuff (eg. Movies), Windows become (not responding), so when you close any window in windows explorer the computer ends the task "Explorer.exe", but because windows cannot continue without that proccess, it restarts it, so np.

Bowen747x
03-24-2004, 02:05 PM
ive had this occur b4, i didnt think it was that big of a deal cuz i rarly c it and i just thought it was winxp's way of refreshing itself if it gets 2 backed-up. just make sure ur pc isnt running a lot of shit u dont need and dont try to run to many commands at the same time and u should b alright