PDA

View Full Version : 2050: A Fuller World

Infested Cats
03-24-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by http://news.independent.co.uk/low_res/story.jsp?story=504358&host=3&dir=70
Aids and declining fertility will slow population growth, but rise in elderly means 9.2bn people by mid-century, says US report

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-24-2004, 10:40 AM
;) I have always said they will never release a cure for Cancer or AIDs.I mean.....would you?Think about it. :blink:

Barbarossa
03-24-2004, 12:46 PM
population growth has already slowed according to this news report from the BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3560433.stm)

cpt_azad
03-25-2004, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by barbarossa@24 March 2004 - 04:46
population growth has already slowed according to this news report from the BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3560433.stm)
i'm pretty sure that's not true, ppl nowadays don't understand exponential growth. would you want the world to start panicking when you told them that there won't be enough space on earth to support x number of ppl in x number of years (which by the way is around 2100 AD approax, do the math). i myself am a little scared about what will happen when we don't have enough space, food, water, and ahem OIL to keep the human race going, there is no way on earth we could travel to mars to colonize it or something, because that would take massive amounts of resources and money. back to the point, it's not slowed down, no, the population is just going to keep rising.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-25-2004, 10:57 AM
*about to Post something that a few member will probably get upset at me for*

Stop haveing so many damn kids!Is 2 not enough that you need 4 or more?What good does that do anybody?

Ohhh I forget.You do not plan on haveing them you just get pregnant from making love to your husband.This is the year 2004, that excuse does not work anymore.Get your tubes tyed.

Stupid redneck women.

Ohhh it is not only the women.And it is not only the Rednecks.

Its every damn one of you Sperm Machines out there!

Its like my Brother haveing a kid.What in the hell was he thinking?He can not take care of himself.And what was the woman thinking that had the kid with him.Stupid!

Young men out there.Ask your Fathers or an older Brother what the technique of pulling out right before ejaculation can do for you.It can save you from alot of years of sorrow and pain.

If the girl says "cum in me" do not listen to her.Because if she wants to have a kid with you.....

The bitch is crazy!

MagicNakor
03-25-2004, 11:49 AM
That it's the year 2004 doesn't change much, as the world is more than North America above the Mexican border and western Europe/Australia.

Two isn't enough children for people living in Africa, where the high infant mortality rate forces the birth rate higher. Angola, for instance, has a total life expectancy of 36.96 years. It also has an infant mortality rate of 191.66.

In quite a few countries in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East, women are still very much subjugated. And in quite a few places, birth control isn't available, even if they were "allowed" to use it. You can forget about trying to get the males to use condoms.

Granted, you were likely talking about the people you see in the supermarket dragging six kids around, but population concerns extend further than that.

:ninja:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-25-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@25 March 2004 - 06:49
Granted, you were likely talking about the people you see in the supermarket dragging six kids around
;) You are right magicnakor I was.Just seen a cousin of mine the other day go back to her 3 bedroom Trailer with her 6 kids.Or does she have seven now? :huh:

Barbarossa
03-26-2004, 10:57 AM
*** Warning - ideas below could cause offence ... but are only intended to make you think... ***

Rather than restricting birthrates, a better control of population growth is compulsory euthanasia, at age.....? :helpsmile:

The birth rate needs to be maintained to provide a large enough workforce in the next generation to support the people who are not working, but if the number of retired people continues to increase faster than the number of taxpayers, the sums just don't add up....

The only ways to maintain the balance is either for people to work longer and retire later, or alternatively when you've outlived your usefulness to be put to Death! :ph34r:

Obviously all your body-parts that are still in good working order will be available for transplant by law (Not that we'll need so many hip replacements, for example), and the rest of the corpses ground down and turned into soup to feed the very poor and needy. :smilie4:

However, none of this will ever happen, for some reason I think it would be "unpopular", to say the least! :o

Phyltre
03-26-2004, 05:48 PM
Yeah, 'cause, like, Soylent Green is still people.

vidcc
03-26-2004, 11:38 PM
For funky..

I did find your rant funny even though i have 3 children and one on the way.
In my defence i can afford it and i am hoping at least one of them will take care of us in our old(er) age :lol: ....however i do get what you mean about people that can't afford to raise children having so many. I am not saying that just because one is poor they shouldn't have children but one should stay within limits. When i lived in the UK i was always amused after every budget when they would interview a woman with several children and another on the way (unmarried and not working) complianing about the pittance of a rise in her social security she was going to get.
As to your comments about your Brother and his partner... it's amazing how a child does change things (for the most part as there are some exceptions)

vidcc
03-27-2004, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@25 March 2004 - 03:49

Granted, you were likely talking about the people you see in the supermarket dragging six kids around, but population concerns extend further than that.

:ninja:
That's an interesting point....last year when i was visiting family in the Uk i noticed that the supermarkets have started making special parking spaces close to the entrance of the store with wider room for "parent and child" drivers ..perhaps if this sort of thing was stopped then you wouldn't have so many people having babies just to get a good parking space. ;) :lol:

Neo 721
03-27-2004, 06:40 PM
heh. Perhapd we need a system like india, when a man goes to be sterilised, they give him a radio. In the developed world however this will look more like £1000 or a car ;)

J'Pol
03-27-2004, 06:55 PM
It's all very well for those who are happy to marry their cousin or sister to say don't have a lot of children.

Some of us like there to be the choice of being with people who are not blood relatives.

vidcc
03-27-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by J'Pol@27 March 2004 - 10:55
It's all very well for those who are happy to marry their cousin or sister to say don't have a lot of children.

Some of us like there to be the choice of being with people who are not blood relatives.
HUH???????

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-27-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by J'Pol@27 March 2004 - 13:55

:lol: :P :lol:

Bastard!I am from the City!

J'Pol
03-27-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+28 March 2004 - 00:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 28 March 2004 - 00:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@27 March 2004 - 13:55
It&#39;s all very well for those who are happy to marry their cousin or sister to say don&#39;t have a lot of children.

Bastard&#33;I am from the City&#33;

:lol: :P :lol: [/b][/quote]
:lol: ;)