PDA

View Full Version : Recomended Programs For Best Performance

CoryPenwell
03-25-2004, 02:52 AM
I am going to install windows xp pro on my computer. What programs should i get to install on their computer to keep it running the best and quickest? I want to make their computer running the fastest i possibley can. I have already Norton SystemWorks, Zone Alarm, Ad-aware, Mozilla Firefox, Kazaa lite, Tweak xp and Download accelorator. Also Programs that could come in handy for a regular internet user. I apprecite anyones comments. Thank You.

bulio
03-25-2004, 02:55 AM
msn plus
trillian
you pretty much have it all covered :lol:

zapjb
03-25-2004, 03:21 AM
These are my picks. No offense. Dump ZA get Sygate. Get Spybot Search & Destroy it's far superior to AAW. But keep AAW anyways. Replace NSW with Avast! home AV & RegSeeker. Use SpywareBlaster, ScripTrap, MRU-Blaster, xp-antispy & dsostop2. Get O&O defrag 2000 & NetTransport.

The above are ALL freeware. I use all these apps on my xp pro box & it's very secure.

Oh yeah make sure you get all the critical updates from M$.

peat moss
03-25-2004, 03:54 AM
You sound like you know what your doing. Try a defragger too like Diskeeper by Execuitive Software great program they made the built in one for XP too. But this is much faster.oh and a regcleaner also . Regcleaner or Regseeker :)

zapjb
03-25-2004, 04:39 AM
peat moss Posted on 24 March 2004 - 22:54
...Try a defragger too like Diskeeper by Execuitive Software great program they made the built in one for XP too.

Sorry but that's NOT a positive vote in my book for diskeeper. Also the fact that they're owned by Scientology. :(

For a free defagger imo nothings better than O&O Defrag 2000 (works in XP). :01:

peat moss
03-25-2004, 04:46 AM
No Diskeeper is not freeware :( But there's plenty of ways to aquire it[ cough ] crack or key generater . I swear by it deraggs in 20 seconds on my box :)

zabjb didn't realise this was a Pissing contest, he asked for an opionon on programs for XP so I gave my own.
------

zapjb
03-25-2004, 04:55 AM
@peat moss nothing against you. Peace.

I can't stand Scientology, hence also diskeeper.

muchspl2
03-25-2004, 05:03 AM
programs for best performance, hmm
well if your loading windows you should turn off all the stuff you will never use
http://www.blackviper.com
you gain so much performance that way

peat moss
03-25-2004, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@24 March 2004 - 21:03
programs for best performance, hmm
well if your loading windows you should turn off all the stuff you will never use
http://www.blackviper.com
you gain so much performance that way
Good one Muchspl2 don't forget this gem too! :)
http://www.itc.virginia.edu/desktop/docs/messagepopup/

muchspl2
03-25-2004, 05:24 AM
yea he has had it on his site form the beginning I believe

peat moss
03-25-2004, 05:40 AM
Its a shame more people don't take more of an interest on how to keep their computer's running properly . Hey I know maby we could CHARGE for our limited knowledge. Hows about $ 5.00 a question? Ok I lose took me 2 minute's to find the $ key :lol:

sharedholder
03-25-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by peat moss@25 March 2004 - 04:46
No Diskeeper is not freeware :( But there's plenty of ways to aquire it[ cough ] crack or key generater . I swear by it deraggs in 20 seconds on my box :)

zabjb didn't realise this was a Pissing contest, he asked for an opionon on programs for XP so I gave my own.
------
Diskeeper Lite ( free ) is on klitetools site on the utils section. ;)

zapjb
03-25-2004, 08:12 AM
Jeez SH,
You had to quote the pissing contest part? peat moss & I are cool.
But SH where's the most excellent program in the world? It's free & NOT on your site. Although I had your assurance it would be. Hmm.
:lol: