PDA

View Full Version : My Epson R300 Printer

Mad Cat
03-25-2004, 11:04 PM
Been having fun with the new printer. Photos full A4 no boundaries are great, but I've tried CDs now.

Luckily enough my last batch of CD-Rs were printable, so I used the capabilities of my new printer. I must say I'm very impressed. The Max Payne 2 disc I did looks great, going to to do the play list next, then print the covers on some really nice paper.
Just telling you pirates how nice a piece of gear this R300 is :D

tesco
03-25-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Mad Cat@25 March 2004 - 18:04
Been having fun with the new printer. Photos full A4 no boundaries are great, but I've tried CDs now.

Luckily enough my last batch of CD-Rs were printable, so I used the capabilities of my new printer. I must say I'm very impressed. The Max Payne 2 disc I did looks great, going to to do the play list next, then print the covers on some really nice paper.
Just telling you pirates how nice a piece of gear this R300 is :D
how much was that thing? sounds expensive....

sounds good though! can u take a pic of some of the cds u printed onto, i wanna see what they look like.

edit: This your printer? (http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=711984&sku=E17-3455%20KIT) looks good, and its only $279.99 canadian, i thought it would be like at least 500.

Mad Cat
03-25-2004, 11:30 PM
£120.

The cartridges are £7 for proper Epson and about £3 for some cheaper version. For a while I'll use the actual Epson, in the past I've experienced dodgy ink and broke printers.

My MuVo^2 X-Trainer came at the same time, its damn good, sound quality is great even though I've heard these bundled headphones are crap.

Going to install the DVD burner I also got later, NEC-2500A.

tesco
03-25-2004, 11:51 PM
kool, those cartridges are really cheap! so can u get any pictures of the printed out cds? im interested to see how they look.

Mad Cat
03-26-2004, 06:47 PM
I might bugger around with digital camera drivers later, I'll try.

Got a pretty old foreign camera that, even though it wasn't OEM, didn't come with any driver disc and I'll be damned if XP recognizes it.