PDA

View Full Version : Comcast Buys Techtv

I.am
03-26-2004, 07:24 AM
TechTV Bought By Comcast:
It seems as though our friends at TechTV have been bought by Comcast. According to this article there is still a lot of uncertainty as to what will happen to current employees but the plans are to fold TechTV into the G4 game channel. All I gotta say is they had better keep our pals at The Screen Savers around.

Tense TechTV employees, numb from months of speculation about their future, were told during an emotional all-hands meeting late Wednesday afternoon that Comcast is buying their company. That announcement, made official by Comcast on Thursday, ends months of speculation that the cable TV giant planned to buy the struggling technology news outlet.

Comcast buys techtv (http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,62801,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_2)

- Nightmare -
03-26-2004, 07:39 AM
Hopefully this doesn't make any drastic changes in the programming of Techtv. And I still better be able to watch it especially since I don't have Comcast and don't live in the U.S.

I.am
03-26-2004, 08:01 AM
I liked it too, and hope there are enough viewers who go against stopping screensavers. :)