PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Gettin'....

Manny Roscoe
03-26-2004, 10:41 AM
Matrix Revolutions??

Im sure as hell am! :D

unreal_dude
03-26-2004, 11:56 AM
Me too dude. Just hoping that it releases the same day as other countries......
:(

ahctlucabbuS
03-26-2004, 08:22 PM
I canīt be bothered paying to see it once more (though I enjoyed it the first time around)

johnnytightlips2
03-27-2004, 12:35 AM
i like the movie and everything especially when they start shooting down sentinels but it had too much visual effects which kind of made it fake.

Emdee
03-27-2004, 02:16 AM
No. Whole trilogy's FAR too overrated.

NeoTheOne
03-27-2004, 03:07 AM
OF COURSE THATS Y IM CALLED NEOTHEONE

3RA1N1AC
03-27-2004, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by neotheone@26 March 2004 - 19:07
OF COURSE THATS Y IM CALLED NEOTHEONE
your parents named you NEOTHEONE, because they knew you'd grow up to buy a dvd? :huh:

okay, new "me too" topic: Who's going to buy a HAMBURGER tomorrow?

ahctlucabbuS
03-27-2004, 02:43 PM
okay, new "me too" topic: Who's going to buy a HAMBURGER tomorrow?

Nope, Iīm broke :ph34r: :o :helpsmile:

Neo 721
03-28-2004, 01:22 AM
waiting for the boxset would worth while, trouble is as with the matrix they keep bringing more out, like First boring edition, then special eddition, then extended eddition, then special extended edition, then gold edition, then special gold edition, then special extended gold edition, then directors cut edition, then special directors cut edition ect

Manny Roscoe
03-28-2004, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Neo 721@27 March 2004 - 21:22
waiting for the boxset would worth while, trouble is as with the matrix they keep bringing more out, like First boring edition, then special eddition, then extended eddition, then special extended edition, then gold edition, then special gold edition, then special extended gold edition, then directors cut edition, then special directors cut edition ect
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

How true. Its that reason why DVD dont seem worth purchasing anymore....even though I still buy them, they're becoming a real ripoff....

Gutter
03-28-2004, 06:20 AM
It better have some commentary audio tracks!
I was pissed when i searched over the Reloaded DVD, found none, and felt ripped off.

Manny Roscoe
03-28-2004, 07:51 AM
Unfortunately, there is no commentary.

The specs for the Revolutions DVD are as follows:

# 2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
# English Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
# English Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo Track
# French Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
# Matrix Recalibrated (Making Of) Documentary
- Neo Realism: The Evolution of Bullet Time
# CG Revolution (Effects) Documentary
- Super Big Mini-Models Segment
# Super Burly Brawl Featurette
- Double Agent Smith Segment
- Mind Over Matter: The Physicality of The Matrix
# Before the Revolution 3D Timeline
# Future Gamer: The Matrix Online (Game) Feature
# Multidimensional Stills Gallery
# Matrix Revolutions Theatrical Trailer
# DVD-ROM Features: Weblink & Matrix Test
# English, French, Spanish Subtitles

I dont see commentary anywhere.
Alas, Im pretty sure we'll never hear commentary from the Bros, since they have a contract that says they are not to speak to press or anything such as a commentary for that matter....but...there is another version of the original Matrix film coming to DVD around this October sold seperately and bundled with the boxset, with over 9 hours of behind the scenes stuff on it. For Reloaded, there is a rumored "Follow the White Rabbit feature that appears during the film allowing the viewer to click on a white rabbit on the bottom of the screen that will allow them to view the extra Reloaded footage that was shot for the Enter the Matrix video game. Other than that, those are the only know extra features for the Reloaded DVD thats in the box set. As for Revolutions, nothing has been stated yet.

pusher
03-28-2004, 03:08 PM
I'm gonna get it when I get my The West Wing season 2 boxed set. I probably won't bother with subsequent releases.

And uh... I might buy me some cheeseburgers today. :01:

justin89
03-28-2004, 03:25 PM
is there any set release date. And will they include the Animatrix?

pusher
03-28-2004, 03:47 PM
The DVD is going to be released on the 6th of April. I don't know about the Animatrix.

unreal_dude
03-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by justin89@28 March 2004 - 20:55
is there any set release date. And will they include the Animatrix?
yeah it probably will b included !

Tetsujn
03-28-2004, 07:10 PM
ofcourse im getting it. wouldnt be a matrix fan if i didnt.

justin89
03-29-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by pusher@28 March 2004 - 10:47
The DVD is going to be released on the 6th of April. I don't know about the Animatrix.
I was talking about the box set.

The animatrix was released back in June.

Manny Roscoe
03-29-2004, 03:08 AM
Its more than likely that it wont be included....not that it wont, its just a hunch.
Sadly, Im pretty sure we'll never see another version of the Animatrix DVD....I thought it was kinda bare bones...but...there is a rumor that the Animatrix 2 is being produced....

Busyman
03-29-2004, 04:54 AM
They should release a box set with Reloaded including the Enter The Matrix footage.

I'll get Revolutions, but it will be free.

I already wasted money at the theater.

Get me once shame on you..................

Tetsujn
03-29-2004, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@29 March 2004 - 04:54
They should release a box set with Reloaded including the Enter The Matrix footage.

I'll get Revolutions, but it will be free.

wow. after all the hate u're still gonna own it. free or not, after all the arguements about how bad the movie is, getting it is contradicting yourself. well as long as u can watch it over and see why we like it. or at least try to.

Gutter
03-29-2004, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Manny Roscoe@27 March 2004 - 23:51
Alas, Im pretty sure we'll never hear commentary from the Bros, since they have a contract that says they are not to speak to press or anything such as a commentary for that matter....
why did they sign a contract to not talk about it?
I really enjoy listening to the commentary tracks on almost all my DVDs
although the first matrix did have a crummy commentary now that I think about it.
A whole chapter was them silenced and just watching the movie with out commenting... <_<
ah well, animatrix was my fav. I want animatrix 2, hell make that a trilogy too. :lol:

Manny Roscoe
03-29-2004, 05:35 AM
I dont know why they have a clause in their contracts stating for them not to speak.
Maybe they think they&#39;re too good to speak to anyone....

Anyways, on the first Matrix DVD, there was a documentary on how the film was made, and the Brothers talked alot. They were seen talking to the actors alot as well.
On the Reloaded DVD, you barely see them; I mean, they are still in the making of Reloaded documentaries, but its likely that they signed in their contract not to be filmed on camera also. They&#39;re kinda weird, I guess. But fuck it; all I care about is the movie.
Damn...I cant wait to see the final fight like 50000 times.... :lol:

Gutter
03-29-2004, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Manny Roscoe@28 March 2004 - 21:35

maybe they haven&#39;t thought of all the answers to tell everyone. :lol:

I can&#39;t wait to annoy the others in my house with how many times I&#39;ll watch it over and over :D :lol:

Busyman
03-29-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Tetsujn+29 March 2004 - 01:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tetsujn &#064; 29 March 2004 - 01:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@29 March 2004 - 04:54

I&#39;ll get Revolutions, but it will be free.

wow. after all the hate u&#39;re still gonna own it. free or not, after all the arguements about how bad the movie is, getting it is contradicting yourself. well as long as u can watch it over and see why we like it. or at least try to. [/b][/quote]
I also own Star Wars Ep.1 and 2. Your point?

I "own" now about 800+ Dvd&#39;s. Please take your head out of the Wachowski&#39;s ass and stay on topic. Aren&#39;t you supposed to be brandishing their balls or something?

I still don&#39;t like it. I&#39;m not clamoring to "see why you like it" either.

Contradicting myself? I have alot of shit movies in that 800+ collection.

lee551
03-29-2004, 06:08 AM
so is there a release date for a boxed set with all 3 dvd&#39;s yet? :o

Manny Roscoe
03-29-2004, 06:56 AM
Sometime in October OR the holiday season.

ahctlucabbuS
03-29-2004, 09:37 AM
I dont know why they have a clause in their contracts stating for them not to speak.

Easier to uphold an image of beeing director god when you donīt have to say shit. Now with the two last films Iīd say they need that silence more than ever :lol:

Tetsujn
03-31-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Busyman+29 March 2004 - 05:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 29 March 2004 - 05:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Tetsujn@29 March 2004 - 01:17
<!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@29 March 2004 - 04:54

I&#39;ll get Revolutions, but it will be free.

wow. after all the hate u&#39;re still gonna own it. free or not, after all the arguements about how bad the movie is, getting it is contradicting yourself. well as long as u can watch it over and see why we like it. or at least try to.
I also own Star Wars Ep.1 and 2. Your point?

I "own" now about 800+ Dvd&#39;s. Please take your head out of the Wachowski&#39;s ass and stay on topic. Aren&#39;t you supposed to be brandishing their balls or something?

I still don&#39;t like it. I&#39;m not clamoring to "see why you like it" either.

Contradicting myself? I have alot of shit movies in that 800+ collection. [/b][/quote]
uh-huh. i dont know if u "brandish" anyone&#39;s balls but I sure as hell don&#39;t. nor do i stick my face anyone&#39;s ass. (who&#39;s going off topic now?). the way i see it is if u creatre a thread bashing a movie and reply in it about 50 times just to prove it&#39;s a peice of shit and not even attempting to understand what some ppl are trying to tell u (perhaps due to your ignortant view of films and the strong hatered u have towards something that actually challenges your mind). after all that, saying u&#39;re gonna get it seems kinda iffy. maybe that&#39;s just me. :rolleyes:

Busyman
03-31-2004, 05:33 AM
It&#39;s just you......and only you.

ahctlucabbuS
03-31-2004, 07:55 AM
perhaps due to your ignortant view of films and the strong hatered u have towards something that actually challenges your mind

no offense, but LMFAO :lol:

Tetsujn
04-01-2004, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Barky@31 March 2004 - 07:55

perhaps due to your ignortant view of films and the strong hatered u have towards something that actually challenges your mind

omfg did i misspell two words? How dare I? i mean blind typing while carrying convo&#39;s with about 11 ppl, you&#39;d think i&#39;d get everything right, wouldn&#39;t ya? :rolleyes:

- Nightmare -
04-01-2004, 06:29 AM
I probably will get it a while after it&#39;s released or maybe borrow it from my friend first. :lol:

ahctlucabbuS
04-01-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Tetsujn+1 April 2004 - 06:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tetsujn &#064; 1 April 2004 - 06:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Barky@31 March 2004 - 07:55

omfg did i misspell two words? How dare I? i mean blind typing while carrying convo&#39;s with about 11 ppl, you&#39;d think i&#39;d get everything right, wouldn&#39;t ya? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
hmm yea, funny statement too ;)

Manny Roscoe
04-02-2004, 01:54 AM
I know you guys are REALLY gonna hate me for saying this.......

but........

I have to buy the full screen version. The reason is my broke ass cant afford a Widescreen HDTV, and when you have a full frame tv like I do, the Widescreen black bars are much bigger. I know, I know.....Widescreen shows more of what the Director intended to show the audience, but a Widescreen DVD on a full screen TV doesn&#39;t match; the bars are just annoying as fuck. Full Screen aint all that bad.....but those who disagree (and many of you will....I assume) will probably flame the shit out of me....but all it is to me is a movie, nothing more, and I would give a shit less if Im missing like 20 or 30 % of the film.....IF I had a Widescreen TV, then I wouldnt have to type all this.
I just had to get this off my chest; dont question me why I posted this.

Who else is brave enough to say they will get the Full Screen version....or to many of you its "Fool Screen".... <_<

Tetsujn
04-02-2004, 03:33 AM
Actually i have the full screen (first disc only) and, suprisingly enough, it&#39;s not half bad. Infact I&#39;d go as far as saying its awesome. get it definetly. theres not much of a difference when it comes to this film.

Manny Roscoe
04-02-2004, 03:55 AM
Finally...someone who agrees with me. :)

Busyman
04-02-2004, 04:37 AM
I think it&#39;s a rip that any movie company doesn&#39;t put out both versions in the same package.

That was one of the basic points of the DVD media when the consumer was being sold on it.

Manny Roscoe
04-02-2004, 04:43 AM
Yeah....the industry basically screws us over when it comes to these things.

Many people that dont surf the net are probably unaware that there is going to be a Boxset for the films coming out soon, but the only reason it wont be announced to the mainstream public yet is becasue they want everyone to buy Revolutions first so they can have more &#036;&#036;&#036;. When they have a substantial amout, THEN they&#39;ll announce the Boxset to the mainstream public....Joel Silver is a really greedy bastard. Anyways, I hate it when the industry doesnt follow the example of the Finding Nemo, Monsters INC. and Ice Age DVDs, which have both Full Screen and Widescreen formats, that way, everyone is happy. But no, all the industry wants is our hard earned cash.

3RA1N1AC
04-02-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@1 April 2004 - 20:37
I think it&#39;s a rip that any movie company doesn&#39;t put out both versions in the same package.

That was one of the basic points of the DVD media when the consumer was being sold on it.
if you have a widescreen tv and you buy a widescreen dvd, would you prefer that the 16:9 version of the movie have the bitrate maxed out so you see as little digital noise & as much detail as possible... or do you wanna settle for half of that bitrate in order to accomadate a 4:3 version on the same disc? either that, or you get a two-disc set with a 16:9 version & a 4:3 version on separate discs, then it has very few/brief extra features (see artisan&#39;s special editions of "reservoir dogs" and "the running man"). i&#39;d much rather get a 16:9 version and significant extras, rather than two versions and a couple of trailers.

prolly the only thing i can say in favor of fullscreen versions is that in videos of older movies, the fullscreen version often shows more of the film than the widescreen version because they shot the movie on 4:3 film and then matted the top & bottom during projection to create a widescreen image. on vhs, tv and fullscreen dvds, some movies are cropped on all four sides sides (a lot off the top & bottom + a little off the sides), and some of them are actually "open matte" (full frame). due to sloppy labelling by video companies, the only way you can really tell whether a fullscreen version is either pan&scanned or full frame is to compare it side-by-side with the widescreen version and see if it contains more or less of the negative.

usually the extra area in the open matte version doesn&#39;t have much important content in it. but if you&#39;re a nut for details and you wanna see every single thing that exists on the original negative, open matte versions are kinda interesting. stanley kubrick is the only director i know of, who insisted that most of his movies not be matted for home video... so that&#39;s why "the shining," "a clockwork orange," "full metal jacket," etc are only available in open matte versions (not how they were shown in theaters).

Busyman
04-02-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+2 April 2004 - 03:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC &#064; 2 April 2004 - 03:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@1 April 2004 - 20:37

if you have a widescreen tv and you buy a widescreen dvd, would you prefer that the 16:9 version of the movie have the bitrate maxed out so you see as little digital noise & as much detail as possible... or do you wanna settle for half of that bitrate in order to accomadate a 4:3 version on the same disc? either that, or you get a two-disc set with a 16:9 version & a 4:3 version on separate discs, then it has very few/brief extra features (see artisan&#39;s special editions of "reservoir dogs" and "the running man"). i&#39;d much rather get a 16:9 version and significant extras, rather than two versions and a couple of trailers.

prolly the only thing i can say in favor of fullscreen versions is that in videos of older movies, the fullscreen version often shows more of the film than the widescreen version because they shot the movie on 4:3 film and then matted the top & bottom during projection to create a widescreen image. on vhs, tv and fullscreen dvds, some movies are cropped on all four sides sides (a lot off the top & bottom + a little off the sides), and some of them are actually "open matte" (full frame). usually the extra area in the open matte version doesn&#39;t have much important content in it. but if you&#39;re a nut for details and you wanna see every single thing that exists on the original negative, open matte versions are kinda interesting. stanley kubrick is the only director i know of, who insisted that most of his movies not be matted for home video... so that&#39;s why "the shining," "a clockwork orange," "full metal jacket," etc are only available in open matte versions (not how they were shown in theaters). [/b][/quote]
uh...3RAIN..it simply costs more.

Flip the disc....just flip the disc.

I haven&#39;t seen a 2-disc set of full/widescreen.
It&#39;s on the same the disc...just flip it.

It simply costs "a bit" more to manufacture. That&#39;s all. ;)

3RA1N1AC
04-02-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@1 April 2004 - 23:30

on two-sided discs, it&#39;s almost always one layer per side. the disc holds no more data than a two-layer single-sided disc does. either way, the standard capacity is about 9gb total, whether they put two layers on a single side or one layer on each side. there&#39;s no technical reason why most dual-version releases even need to be flip-discs; they could put exactly the same content on a single, two-layered side.

i think it&#39;s possible to make the dvd thicker, put two layers on each side and up the capacity to 18gb, but good luck trying to get any companies to give you that kind of value for your buck.

and like i said-- artisan entertainment&#39;s most recent two-disc editions of "reservoir dogs" and "the running man." 16:9 version on the first disc, 4:3 version on the second disc, and a trifling selection of extras spread across the set. no matter what kind of tv you have, one of the discs in each set is going to be useless. such a ripoff, just to accomadate "fullscreen" fools. :lol:

Busyman
04-02-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+2 April 2004 - 03:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC &#064; 2 April 2004 - 03:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@1 April 2004 - 23:30

on two-sided discs, it&#39;s almost always one layer per side. the disc holds no more data than a two-layer single-sided disc does. either way, the standard capacity is about 9gb total, whether they put two layers on a single side or one layer on each side.

i think it&#39;s possible to make the dvd thicker, put two layers on each side and up the capacity to 18gb, but good luck trying to get any companies to give you that kind of value for your buck.

and like i said-- artisan entertainment&#39;s most recent two-disc editions of "reservoir dogs" and "the running man." 16:9 version on the first disc, 4:3 version on the second disc, and a trifling selection of extras spread across the set. no matter what kind of tv you have, one of the discs in each set is going to be useless. [/b][/quote]
In almost all cases:

1. Movie companies don&#39;t bother with alot of extras anyway unless it&#39;s on second disc.
2. The actual movie usually doesn&#39;t take up that much space to warrant cutting out either the extras and/or another aspect ratio. The movie company just doesn&#39;t bother alot of times.

The bottom line is that they are saving money.

Reservoir dogs could have been a double-sided disc with BOTH ratios and second disc with the extras. The current Dogs is not the norm though. <_<

3RA1N1AC
04-02-2004, 08:14 AM
okay, i think we both made some good points, there. the reality probably is, though: if studios made it a standard habit to include a high-bitrate wide version, a high-bitrate fullscreen version, and a decent selection of extras on every movie release... they would jack up the prices like crazy, which goes against their current strategy (make most releases cheap so each person will buy more movies).

i wonder if "wide vs. full" is still gonna be a problem, when High Definition DVD comes out in several years... or maybe 4:3 TVs will no longer be made, so it wouldn&#39;t be an issue anymore.

vish_cometrue
04-02-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Manny Roscoe@28 March 2004 - 07:51
Unfortunately, there is no commentary.

The specs for the Revolutions DVD are as follows:

# 2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
# English Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
# English Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo Track
# French Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
# Matrix Recalibrated (Making Of) Documentary
&nbsp; - Neo Realism: The Evolution of Bullet Time
# CG Revolution (Effects) Documentary
&nbsp; - Super Big Mini-Models Segment
# Super Burly Brawl Featurette
&nbsp; - Double Agent Smith Segment
&nbsp; - Mind Over Matter: The Physicality of The Matrix
# Before the Revolution 3D Timeline
# Future Gamer: The Matrix Online (Game) Feature
# Multidimensional Stills Gallery
# Matrix Revolutions Theatrical Trailer
# DVD-ROM Features: Weblink & Matrix Test
# English, French, Spanish Subtitles

Alas, Im pretty sure we&#39;ll never hear commentary from the Bros, since they have a contract that says they are not to speak to press or anything such as a commentary for that matter....but...there is another version of the original Matrix film coming to DVD around this October sold seperately and bundled with the boxset, with over 9 hours of behind the scenes stuff on it. For Reloaded, there is a rumored "Follow the White Rabbit feature that appears during the film allowing the viewer to click on a white rabbit on the bottom of the screen that will allow them to view the extra Reloaded footage that was shot for the Enter the Matrix video game. Other than that, those are the only know extra features for the Reloaded DVD thats in the box set. As for Revolutions, nothing has been stated yet.
Well&#33;&#33;&#33; thats good enough for me to spend my money on the box set

I would have spent my money on it anyway :D

Manny Roscoe
04-02-2004, 10:01 AM
Im only getting the re-released Matrix 1 DVD.

I can buy the box seperately.....

Cygnuz-Y
04-02-2004, 04:00 PM
Im waiting for a boxset too...