PDA

View Full Version : How Did You Get To This Forum?

Bender
03-10-2003, 10:22 AM
This poll has been held before, but with the massive growth of members I thought it would be interesting to hold it again. B)

edited Engrish.

Schmiggy_JK23
03-10-2003, 10:45 AM
I had actually been using klite for a while... then when the participation thing hit, i was like, oh shit. Gotta find a trick or something around this. So, I found something, the first trick, at this other software site (The cows something), after searching here to no avail, from seeing the link on the klite page.

So, I logged in here, and posted the info on that cheater in a thread. Later of course, that was outdone by the cheater made by the klite guys.

Any how, now we dont even have to worry about it. :P

vegeta
03-10-2003, 12:11 PM
actually i heard it from kazaa only cuz when i searched for kazaa it gave many reasults for kazaa lite(the search was in kazaa)and when i saw the username something@kazaalite :P and kazaaliteuser :P

SuperJude™
03-10-2003, 12:17 PM
I was looking through a site I had intended to deface and they had a thread about kazaa and one guy mentioned this hacked version called kazaalite. I downloaded it, and one day on a whim I hit google.

The rest , as they say, is history.

I found this place.

But more importantly, SuperJude™ found y'all.

:)

-SJ™

Ynhockey
03-10-2003, 12:25 PM
When Kazaa 2.0.2 came out I was trying to find a site where i could download the corresponding K-Lite (www.kazaalite.com didn't have it at the time), so I found this site...although i still don't understand about kazaalite.com ... is it like a rival of this site or something ? 'cause i say many threads flaming kazaalite.com.

BROCKSTER
03-10-2003, 12:27 PM
i have absolutley no clue how i came across this i just saw it and thought it looked good asked a question loads helped me and i stayed coz its ace :D

tilen76
03-10-2003, 01:06 PM
The first time I came through http://doa2.host.sk/ site.

It's been in my Favourites ever since. :)

Razz
03-10-2003, 01:17 PM
huh....how i get here? :huh:

im not sure one minute i had the bad version of k-lite from a cd on a pc mag and then i was here....hmmm :unsure:

Ron
03-10-2003, 01:23 PM
I think I followed a link in the K-Lite web page.
Don't recall exactly.
Ever since I got here, my life's has vanished in a haze of spam....and cucumbers. :">

Giy
03-10-2003, 01:41 PM
i think it was a link on our forum months ago so i came for alook, i think the flinger posted it carnt remember now :)

tilen76
03-10-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Giy@10 March 2003 - 14:41
i think it was a link on our forum months ago so i came for alook, i think the flinger posted it carnt remember now :)
Is that the Giy from Spankdonkey?

Welcome here m8. ;)
Haven't seen you around here before, evethough I see you're member for more then two months now.

Anyway, I'm coming to Spankdonkey soon, got some new stuff for you.

Cheers

;)

ugluk
03-10-2003, 04:34 PM
i got here from the forum link at the main website. and i found the website from a search on google, when i had forgotten the url for www.kazaalite.nl. :D

Giy
03-10-2003, 06:30 PM
yes that would be me ;)

nice 1 m8 :)

Genius
03-10-2003, 06:33 PM
First ended up in this mad house by looking for verifieds on the k-lite home page, but now I just get here by click on the link on the 2.1.0 version. B)

Yanks0826
03-10-2003, 06:45 PM
One day I had a few beers, I then passed out. When I woke up, I was here.

That is some weird $hit!

danne
03-10-2003, 06:50 PM
Well, after being out of the 'sharing' business for a while, I decided to look for k lite again. Of course I went over to google and typed kazaa lite and stumbled upon www.k-lite.tk. Took a few turns there, pressed some links and voila stumbled in here. I dunno, must be some strange glue here, cause I am STILL around... ;)

Benno
03-10-2003, 07:11 PM
I got here from the main site. i was looking for some verifieds.

Luca_Snipes
03-12-2003, 02:49 PM
one of my friends mentioned it one day, i looked, i stayed :)

Skillian
03-12-2003, 03:55 PM
I only just noticed my name in a sticky - I am honoured! :lol:

Mine's a similar story to Ynhockey's. Used to use Kazaa Lite from kazaalite.com, but when it never got updated I looked around and found this site. Was using the program but didn't join the forum til a had a problem, got it solved here, and been here ever since. :) I'd never used a forum before, and now I've never had the need to use another.

Curley
03-12-2003, 04:15 PM
Someone recommended it on another message board, came to have a nosey and liked what I saw. Up until 3-4 months ago, I never took an interest in file sharing so being here has helped me on my merry little way :)

Grim
03-13-2003, 04:38 AM
I forget, just cannot remember!

Bender
03-13-2003, 10:18 PM
I totally forgot to tell my story - start laughing now everybody. :lol:

One day Skweeky (my girlfriend) came home with a news bulletin from her students' union, it said you should use Kazaa or Kazaa Lite for downloading music.
I heard about the Napster thing and downloading music, but I really wasn't that interested in the subject that much.(Downloading Movies, TV episodes and Sig2dats were things I'd never thought about)

At her request (and a friend of mine) I installed Kazaa and found out it was full of advertisements that 'ate' my computer.
I deleted it, installed Kazaa Lite and found out better. :)

After that I found the original K-Lite board site (like Ron said: don't have a clue how), found out how tolerant they were to computer newbies and stayed.

You may stop laughing now. :P

j2k4
03-16-2003, 01:01 AM
A buddy mentioned Kazaa after Audiogalaxy died-I suffered with Kazaa until my HD died (all this DEATH)-I'm pretty sure Kazaa killed it. I found K-lite on my own looking for somewhere else to get music-by luck, this is where I stopped. I felt I needed some help keeping things healthy, and got what I needed here.

Wizzandabe
03-16-2003, 01:25 PM
kazaaa lite. the home page is where i head about this form. well k-lite dose rock. it has it's let downs

vivitron 15
03-18-2003, 10:34 PM
I remember it well............

It was a miserable day in UK, and I was bored out of my skull, so I searched google for "free files" or stg like that.....I clicked here, and there, and well, after a long trail, I ended up here.

I dloaded the program v. 1.7.2 and started looking at verifieds, and after a while decided to post a verified in a can of all my mp3s, and the rest, as they say is boring to you all reading.....

itay
03-18-2003, 10:39 PM
i got to this forum by the link in kazaa lite i think :unsure: , it was a smart thing to do!! :D

SideSwiped
03-19-2003, 06:40 AM
I read about it in the Sunday New York Times. I also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
j/k

Saw the link after I upgraded to k++. I'm not sure, but I think I was using the first kazaalite. lol

south-paw
03-21-2003, 12:31 AM
More by luck than judgement I guess. well, when you wasted years of your twenties on a PlayStation... <_<

LSA
03-24-2003, 12:10 AM
I was looking around in the k-lite.tk verifieds section and it said there were more in the forum...

J'Pol
03-29-2003, 04:00 PM
Noticed some user names when using the sharman version. I was intrigued so done a search on kazaa and found lite. Loaded that and started using it.

Similar to other people with the PL level. Hunted about and found the cheat. Doing this came across the concept of verifieds, sig2dat etc. Started searching for verifieds sites and found the main board here.

Used mostly the verifieds links for a while. Then decided to have a look in the forum. First forum I ever joined. I have tried a couple of others but now I just come here and the soulseek room.

mrcall1969
03-29-2003, 04:02 PM
I was "taken" from my bed in the middle of the night by aliens and dumped here.

Does anyone know the way out??

Lamsey
03-29-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by mrcall1969@29 March 2003 - 16:02
I was "taken" from my bed in the middle of the night by aliens and dumped here.

Does anyone know the way out??
:spam: ing
and
:flame: ing
are the keys to escape from the forum. ;)

:huh: But why would you want to leave?

yickeryad
03-29-2003, 11:21 PM
Hello folks, new around here so please be gentle with me, got here through google then from link on homepage :D

oldmancan
03-31-2003, 04:36 PM
:shifty: Found Napster on the HHD one day, started swapping music. Followed the progression through several P2P&#39;s following Nappy. Ended up with KaZaa last year. Then saw article regarding Brilliant Design and the whole third party stuff and spyware.

Got pissed off and deleted the stuff, then went looking for something better. Had also noticed some k-lite users. Found k-lite and DL. Started using the link to here. Really glad to have found this board, only one I use.

Cheers, OMC

Cluffy
04-05-2003, 10:16 PM
Hi everyone :) just registered a few minutes ago,thought it would be fun to join and hopefully get to know you all :D or at least a few :rolleyes: look forward to chatting B) :D

Curley
04-05-2003, 10:27 PM
Hi Cluffy and welcome :)

MTC
04-13-2003, 12:42 AM
I knew about the forum for a long time, but didn&#39;t join till like last week. I first found out about this forum from my friend DWC.

DWC
04-13-2003, 12:45 AM
Ya Ya OK MTC

Got_brains?
04-16-2003, 11:18 AM
http://www.troop751.com/Guy laughing.gif