PDA

View Full Version : Ideas ... Project .. Help

TRshady
03-27-2004, 03:16 PM
Hey all ....
Some of you may know I own TRshady.com and although being used as a personal site before, it is now .. well, check it out for yaself, tis nothing. :(

So, as I have this spare hosting ... Im wondering if any of you would want to start a new site with me with would benefit members here in anyway. It has to be legal, but hosting isn't a problem, and any suggestions are welcome!

Maybe a cd cover site? ..... music site? ... just post ideas for meh please and whether or not you would wanna help out ....

Cheers B)

CoolMac
03-27-2004, 05:12 PM
hosting wouldn't be any trouble either, i got 5 100 MB,php,MySQL,unlimited transfer and no ads free accounts B)

Rappy
03-27-2004, 07:13 PM
:P Im bored i can do it and ps no advertising

Brazilian Boy
03-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by CoolMac@27 March 2004 - 17:12
hosting wouldn't be any trouble either, i got 5 100 MB,php,MySQL,unlimited transfer and no ads  free accounts  B)
What the host?? I use the brazilian host but his small quantity of space (400 MB) and small quatity of transfer (4GB) and I pay highly priced.... My host support php, cgi and mySQL...

It's very necessary support php and mySQL because I programm in this languages

TRshady
03-27-2004, 07:58 PM
Think people have got me wrong here ...
I have hosting, with php, mysql, ftp, pop3 mails etc ...

I was saying how I own TRshady.com .... and was wondering if anyone would like to start a new site with me? .... I have no idea what kinda site, so was also hoping for suggestions on what kinda site you would like to see and whether or not you'd like to be part of the 'team'.

Rappy
03-27-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by TRshady@27 March 2004 - 19:58
Think people have got me wrong here ...
I have hosting, with php, mysql, ftp, pop3 mails etc ...

I was saying how I own TRshady.com .... and was wondering if anyone would like to start a new site with me? .... I have no idea what kinda site, so was also hoping for suggestions on what kinda site you would like to see and whether or not you'd like to be part of the 'team'.
A music site i got plenty music

TRshady
03-27-2004, 08:04 PM
Has to be legal though .. and could you be more specific please?
music download site, news & reviews, musid community etc ........

Or anyone else has other ideas for a site .. and whether or not they would like to work on it with me .....

h1
03-27-2004, 09:37 PM
:lol: Sell it, I'm sure many people would want that domain. :P

TRshady
03-27-2004, 10:06 PM
k people .. been talking to certain people ... cdcovers.trshady.com is coming within the next few hours. Would anyone like to work on the site? ....

Its going to be a gallery .. so the 'work' would only be finding and uploading pictures. If not dont worry .. but im sure it would help few of you out there ....

TRshady
03-27-2004, 11:34 PM
Cdcovers.trshady.com (http://www.cdcovers.trshady.com/index.php)

Well on its way .. suggestions for what sections would be nice :)

bulio
03-27-2004, 11:43 PM
Tr, You an me wanna pair up on a site? I have a good idea for one:

-Program review site (we write reviews on codec packs, p2p clients, firewalls and stuff)

We would post reviews of good freeware programs, k-lite codecs and any other good tools.

Do you want to?

btw, I have good knowlege in html :P

TRshady
03-27-2004, 11:49 PM
Would love to bulio ....
but a site of mine (rileysresource.net) already does software reviews, so although im in no way stopping you, id be unable too .. unless you would want to work on that with me? ....

Id still be glad to help you in anyway otherwise ...

Rappy
03-28-2004, 12:59 AM
Made the site without myconsent eh? Humph i know when im not wanted!

TRshady
03-28-2004, 11:29 AM
sorry rapfan :unsure: ....... you can still help out if wanted. Or be forum mod, but there isn't much there and its not intending to be a community or anything.

Anyway ... can someone help me with this question please:

Is there any disclaimer or foot note which I should use to save my ass?
Pretty sure this (http://www.cdcovers.trshady.com/) isn't perfectly legal ...

CoolMac
03-28-2004, 12:52 PM
Site seems nice :)

SeK612
03-28-2004, 01:38 PM
Nice. Its like http://cdcovers.cc/ :)

As for disclaimers ("use these files at your own risk" etc) I thought they didn't work. Lots of sites use them but, as I understood it, they do not stand up well in court...

bulio
03-28-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by TRshady@27 March 2004 - 23:49
Would love to bulio ....
but a site of mine (rileysresource.net) already does software reviews, so although im in no way stopping you, id be unable too .. unless you would want to work on that with me? ....

Id still be glad to help you in anyway otherwise ...
i'll work with you, I join the forum and pm you there :P (or here)

Rappy
03-28-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by TRshady@28 March 2004 - 11:29
sorry rapfan :unsure: ....... you can still help out if wanted. Or be forum mod, but there isn't much there and its not intending to be a community or anything.

Anyway ... can someone help me with this question please:

Is there any disclaimer or foot note which I should use to save my ass?
Pretty sure this (http://www.cdcovers.trshady.com/) isn't perfectly legal ...
sure i will be a mod but i need to join it im guessin :lol: pm me a link

h1
03-29-2004, 06:02 AM
:rolleyes: All info here is for private use only, do not view or download from this site, enter at your own risk, you'll be violating provision 431.322.12 from Clinton's IPA, we don't distribute CDs or covers, our servers are located in countries with no analog of the DMCA, we have nothing to do with CDs or covers, you can't enter if you're a member of the RIAA or law enforcement, yada, yada, yada... :P