PDA

View Full Version : Dvd Problems

Slug03
03-28-2004, 03:05 AM
I recently used dvd shrink and copied "a beautiful mind".

I brought it down to my dvd player and watched it, it played flawless

( i burned it on a dvd+rw) and at chapter 17 it shuddered and played extremely slow! What's this problem? Can it be fixed? please help me!

:helpsmile:

{I}{K}{E}
03-28-2004, 10:09 AM
I had that to with cheap DVDs

I think its because the dvdplayer is getting to 'hot' so it cannot read correctly anymore :unsure:

Adster
03-28-2004, 10:10 AM
yeah its one of those things where its bad media

they have not perfected it yet

in fact statas say 8 in 50 DVDrs/ws are faulty

Robert00000
03-28-2004, 06:06 PM
its most likely to be media/player compatibility problem. Try it with different media, if that doesnt work, then it could be the header needs fixing (on the movie).

bilko
03-29-2004, 01:10 PM
it is strange, i have the same problem on a dvd player, the film would pause for a longer period, but when i play the same disc on my xbox or playstation it works fine with no hiccups - eh!, what ya gonna do

Robert00000
03-30-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by bilko@29 March 2004 - 13:10
it is strange, i have the same problem on a dvd player, the film would pause for a longer period, but when i play the same disc on my xbox or playstation it works fine with no hiccups - eh!, what ya gonna do
Thats definately a media and player compatibility issue, its more common than you might think.

buy a pack of different media and try them out with your dvd writer and player, the ones that work the best are the one you need to use regulary.

My dvd writer and player play bulkpack + media the best, they also play bulkpack - almost as good, so i always purchase bulkpack +.