PDA

View Full Version : Xp Home To Pro

opivykid
03-28-2004, 06:13 PM
Ok, I'm switching from Home to Pro, yet is there an easier way to save all my files, besides burning them all onto disks?

{I}{K}{E}
03-28-2004, 06:51 PM
make a second partition ;)

bulio
03-28-2004, 07:36 PM
try maknig a 2nd parition, or using a site like u send it (http://www.yousendit.com/) it will send up to 1 gb or something worth of files to your e-mail, (but it only holds your files for 1 week)

shn
03-28-2004, 07:49 PM
The easiest way would be to upgrade from home to pro. That way it keeps all your files and settings. :1eye:

opivykid
03-28-2004, 09:04 PM
shn : that sounds good, but will it get rid of all the random crashes in Home at the moment? I leave it alone for more than around an hour and a half (it varies though), and OPXPAPP or whatever the hell it is crashes, and i cant shut my computer down from the start menu (gotta do it manually = cant be all that great for the computer), and I lose internet access, and after another 5 minutes, the whole OS shits a brick and im left with just the background, because everything else is gone :ph34r:.

shn
03-28-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by opivykid@28 March 2004 - 15:04
shn : that sounds good, but will it get rid of all the random crashes in Home at the moment? I leave it alone for more than around an hour and a half (it varies though), and OPXPAPP or whatever the hell it is crashes, and i cant shut my computer down from the start menu (gotta do it manually = cant be all that great for the computer), and I lose internet access, and after another 5 minutes, the whole OS shits a brick and im left with just the background, because everything else is gone :ph34r:.
It's the easiest and fastest way but I personally like a fresh install of xp pro.

You could always try that first and then if does not satisfy you then just do a fresh install. :1eye:

bulio
03-28-2004, 09:16 PM
I would personnally just do a fresh install, unless you have some really important docs

opivykid
03-29-2004, 02:24 AM
Ya, ill wait til i get my DVD burner, then ill be able to back everything up easier, then ill fress install.