PDA

View Full Version : Nero Is A Zero!

andrewpoy
03-10-2003, 05:44 PM
hi all,

this is my first time posting so please have some mercy. I have Nero version 5.5.10.7. It works, but not well. I am using w2k pro and for some reason i can't get my cds to burn right, audio, video, images anything! I was using wXP before it decided to become useless. At that time i was using a Japanese cd burning software called B's recorder and it worked without any problem. Now, if i try to burn a cd it takes forever (the maxspeed i get is 16x) and there are always problems. BTW my cd burner is a NEC CD-RW NR-9200A. any help will be appreciated.

Also, and i know this is gonna sund stupid how do I use Cd-rws for documents and stuff?

al_birkett
03-10-2003, 05:55 PM
I fink if u want your CD's to write faster then u need a better CD writer and sum CD's that are compatible with a faster CD writer!! :unsure:

Night Ass
03-10-2003, 06:18 PM
L :lol: L :blink:

al_birkett
03-10-2003, 06:21 PM
Do I detect a hint of spamming in the air?? <_<

DataMore
03-10-2003, 06:30 PM
Some Cd writers only support the burning software that came included with the bundle.
That doesn&#39;t seem to be your case since you say Nero works.
Are you getting buffer underrun errors? If so, try burning at a lower speed.

About the CD-RW issue, if you use DirectCD you can use the CDs as if they were floppy disks (copy/paste files, drag-and-drop files, rename files and folders...). ;)

zapjb
03-11-2003, 12:27 AM
Nothing to do with the thread. DataMore thanks for bringing Anna back. I missed her. :P

WebCheF
03-11-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by andrewpoy@10 March 2003 - 18:44
hi all,

this is my first time posting so please have some mercy. I have Nero version 5.5.10.7. It works, but not well. I am using w2k pro and for some reason i can&#39;t get my cds to burn right, audio, video, images anything&#33; I was using wXP before it decided to become useless. At that time i was using a Japanese cd burning software called B&#39;s recorder and it worked without any problem. Now, if i try to burn a cd it takes forever (the maxspeed i get is 16x) and there are always problems. BTW my cd burner is a NEC CD-RW NR-9200A. any help will be appreciated.

Also, and i know this is gonna sund stupid how do I use Cd-rws for documents and stuff?
I have Nero also with Xp and it will burn an audio cd in about 3 min. I also made an svcd (first timer for video) and it processed in about 2 hrs for 700mgs at a good res.

If you have a image drive or other brands of burners on your sys. they will sometimes affect the processing. try Nero without the other cd soft installed. I think you will like Nero, by far the easiest.....

andrewpoy
03-11-2003, 03:22 AM
thanx for some of those suggestions guys, but the only cd software i&#39;m running is Nero. AlsoAthe speed of my CD-R is 48x max. When i had windows XP and the Japanese burning software i could burn a whole data cd (usually avi files) in under 30 minutes...what happened?

WebCheF
03-11-2003, 03:38 AM
Not to sound silly, but did you use the cd speed app with nero, to test your drive, also what cds are you using?

Pardon, if I sound sarcastic, but I am using the same thing,, there is an update on the nero site, try to reload the updated version, and let me know.

I hope some of this helps.

andrewpoy
03-11-2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by WebCheF@11 March 2003 - 04:38
Not to sound silly, but did you use the cd speed app with nero, to test your drive, also what cds are you using?

Pardon, if I sound sarcastic, but I am using the same thing,, there is an update on the nero site, try to reload the updated version, and let me know.

I hope some of this helps.
thanx chef,

i&#39;ll try that. also where can i get that directCD thing i&#39;ve only been able to find updates. Thanx again.

WebCheF
03-11-2003, 05:09 AM
Direct cd is ok, nero has an ap called incd, it work smoother with Nero, direct cd has had a few patches put out, I didn&#39;t have any luck with it. Maybe different with other users.

But they do the same thing.

Rip The Jacker
03-11-2003, 07:04 AM
Whoa&#33; I&#39;m also using Win2000 Pro and my burner wont burn anything correctly&#33; And you know whats weird, my burner worked fine when I had Win99&#33; <_< :blink: