PDA

View Full Version : Movieworld

Crackedup
03-10-2003, 06:11 PM
First things first, I have no ambition to be a post whore - I normally only post when I think I can help another message boarder or if I'm stuck with something. But a lot of the topics in Movieworld are related to problems with movie files and generate serious questions and answers.

If we are going to have a credit for postings, which is a just a bit of fun I know, IMHO it should apply to Movieworld, Softwareworld etc. Not in requests or verifieds maybe, but in the main topic area yes, as the quality of the subjects covered is equal to or higher than the main section. Just my opinion, what does everybody else think?

tilen76
03-10-2003, 06:16 PM
I think that debates about a particular movie and all problems related to that movie should be held in the thread where the movie verified has been posted.

This way, questions about the same movie over and over again will not repeat, but whoever is going to use a verified for a download, would have a chance to read everything related to that movie. What codecs it needs, does it play well, ...

And this way people will also get credit for helping, since the posts count in the Verfied section.

Crackedup
03-10-2003, 07:28 PM
Hi Tilen - to be honest I didn't realize you get a credit for posting in verifieds - although that makes sense. I still think Movieworld, etc posts should qualify, as there have been some good posts lately...plus the fact I spend most of my time here, so I am biased ;)

tilen76
03-10-2003, 09:02 PM
This is what I'm saying. This good posts you are talking about are probably related to particular movies, which have probably been posted in the Verifieds. I still can't understand why would someone start a new thread, asking what codec does he need to view that movie, when he/she would easily go to the verified post and put a reply there.

I hope it's gonna be all better once we put the movie database up.

Have some patience, it's being worked on.

;)

But for the topics, where someone is asking advice for let's say, how do I rip DVDs or how do I convert this .mpg into an .avi, yes I agree. Those posts (answers) should get rewarded.

Maybe we need a "Problems and Questions" section inside each world.

Jibbler
03-11-2003, 01:02 AM
Effective immediately, please submit all posts in triplicate to:

1. the proper topic
2. a mod for review
3. post counting judges for review

Are things really coming to this? Every post should count. Ban the post whores, and count my posts!!--

Jibbler

zolaisugly
03-11-2003, 11:29 PM
lol @jibbler

i agree that all post should apply! or just do away with the whole system and just have those who are in charge with there fancy stars>>>>>

zola :unsure: