PDA

View Full Version : Borland C++ Error Message

masta.z
03-29-2004, 06:52 PM
hey, does anyone know wtf causes this error? cos our school computers display it everytime you try to enter a decimal number in "double" variables but my home computer has no problems,

http://www.geocities.com/stany_z/error.bmp

any help would be appreciated

Masta.z! :music1:

edit: copy and paste the link and it should work

I.am
03-29-2004, 07:17 PM
One might comment only if they could see it :frusty:

Rule 101: Geocities doesnt allow hotlinking.

ilw
03-29-2004, 08:14 PM
still doesn't work...
At a guess it may not work unless you have it as a picture on a webpage hosted at geocities

4play
03-29-2004, 08:22 PM
to tell you the truth i have completely forgotten what kinda data you can store in a double variable but are you sure it can take decimals.

try using real instead and see if it stops the errors.

masta.z
03-29-2004, 10:58 PM
i changed the picture to a link cos geocities i one of the few places i can access when i'm at school and it worked for me but for some reason not now...
the error message it gives is "floating point: overflow"

also double is the correct declaration because it works perfectly at home just not at school for some obscure reason

Masta.z! :music1:

edit: thought i'd mention it's using borland C++ v4.5

4play
03-29-2004, 11:52 PM
why not get try using the 5.5 version of borlands compiler they give it away free from there site.

what are you trying to store in there and can we see some code.

h1
03-30-2004, 07:19 AM
:lol: It's just what it sounds like, you smashed the stack. :P

masta.z
03-30-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by 4play@29 March 2004 - 19:52
why not get try using the 5.5 version of borlands compiler they give it away free from there site.

what are you trying to store in there and can we see some code.
it's up to the shitty school to upgrade to a better version but they won't... believe me i've tried to get them to,

variable declaration

double trans_amount;  // value of transaction

input statement

cout<< "Please enter the positive value of the transaction:  ";
cin>> trans_amount;

and when you input any decimal number (2.2, 4.7, 6.66, etc...) it gives the error message http://www.geocities.com/stany_z/error.bmp (copy and paste, don't click on the link)

it works perfectly on my home computer, but as soon as i try to run it on the school's computers there's the error