PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I Find Free Hosting?

mikenmike0001
03-29-2004, 07:43 PM
hey, i just made a site, and i need to find a place where i can store an mp3 file so that it can load and play in the background...

do you know any sites that i can do it for free?

how about pics too?

TRshady
03-29-2004, 07:49 PM
I can host files for you ...
or your whole site if wanted .... only required is my google ads on ya site. Only the little ones mind and the colours made to blend in. Anyway .. im not here to advertise .. so lemme me know what file you want hosting .. and I'll give you a link to it once uploaded. :)

mikenmike0001
03-29-2004, 08:30 PM
cool...i'm using the xanga site....temporarily....i'm kinda new to all this shit, so i'm just messing around with the coloring and adding in stuff......so yeah.......whatever works.......

mikenmike0001
03-30-2004, 03:25 AM
and also, does anyone know where to get free counters? i got this thing but it doesn't tell you the number of hits like how you see most sites, with the 0012385 thing.......

j4y3m
03-30-2004, 03:46 AM
I'm looking for a good free host too. I need php etc so can have a phpBB forum. :(

h1
03-30-2004, 07:57 AM
http://www.clickherefree.com/hosting-free
http://www.hotscripts.com

Also, phpBB is crap. ;) Try vBulletin or Invisionboard.

j4y3m
03-30-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by haxor41789@30 March 2004 - 07:57
http://www.clickherefree.com/hosting-free
http://www.hotscripts.com

Also, phpBB is crap. ;) Try vBulletin or Invisionboard.
Yeh I downloaded vBulletin 3.0.0 gold but I don't know if it has been cracked etc so I'm scared to use it. :lol:

TRshady
03-30-2004, 09:15 AM
Stick with Ipb ... version 2.0 already has released a late alpha and it wont be long till it all comes together. Am using invision 2.0 already and even the alpha is amazing :D

j4y3m
03-30-2004, 09:21 AM
What free host do you all reccomend then?

TRshady
03-30-2004, 09:23 AM
I could host a forum for you if wanted. Only thing I would like you to do in return is place a link to my site in the header bar ... and to promise to click one google ad a day on my site. :P

j4y3m
03-30-2004, 09:28 AM
Cool. I'll even click it twice a day instead of one. :P I think my forum will be about vdieo games etc but i can't decide what to do. :blink:

TRshady
03-30-2004, 09:33 AM
lol, more then one wouldnt count .... but one a day would be great. Plus getting every one else you know too ... (ok, im taking the piss). I cant set the forum up now if wanted?

Ill give ya the admin log in and you'll be on your way.
But ill say it now! .... as with any host, there is ALWAYS a chance of things feckin up, or anything going wrong in which you would lose everything .. and if that was to happen, well ... dont come running to me, lol. But, I'll take a back up of it everynight so you'll be fine, just saying in advance that with forums and hosts, things do go wrong.

I have hosting from to places, will be placing your forum on the second, and if you do get any problems, ill move you over ... though you should be fine. Just saying this in advance but im sure it'll all be fine.

j4y3m
03-30-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by TRshady@30 March 2004 - 09:33
lol, more then one wouldnt count .... but one a day would be great. Plus getting every one else you know too ... (ok, im taking the piss). I cant set the forum up now if wanted?

Ill give ya the admin log in and you'll be on your way.
But ill say it now! ....  as with any host, there is ALWAYS a chance of things feckin up, or anything going wrong in which you would lose everything .. and if that was to happen, well ... dont come running to me, lol. But, I'll take a back up of it everynight so you'll be fine, just saying in advance that with forums and hosts, things do go wrong.

I have hosting from to places, will be placing your forum on the second, and if you do get any problems, ill move you over ... though you should be fine. Just saying this in advance but im sure it'll all be fine.
Okay cool. I'll still click it twice... Just for fun. :lol: I'll even have a thread on the forum asking all members(if I get any :() to click it for you. :P

TRshady
03-30-2004, 09:36 AM
lol, dont let me hold you back. :P
unless you have your own domain, it'll be a url like: trshady.com/yourforum
which would you like to have mate?

Once you've told me .. ill pm you a password and contact you again in six weeks to ask how things are getting on. :P

j4y3m
03-30-2004, 09:39 AM
I'll find some free domain like .2ya.com or something if that's okay with you. :)

TRshady
03-30-2004, 09:46 AM
Of course thats fine mate ... but a .2ya.com domain for example, will still point to an exsisting sub directory in which you forum will be in. trshady.com/j4y3m ?

Doesnt matter much ...
(gimma ya name and Ill use that as the forum folder, lol ... saves me putting something totally irrelevant. :P)

j4y3m
03-30-2004, 09:50 AM
Just use j4y3m I can't think of a name. ;) I might not get a domain and just stick with trshady.com/j4y3m it might make people visit trshady.com without the /j4y3m. :blink:

TRshady
03-30-2004, 09:55 AM
Might do ... but im not doing this just with my own interests at hand. Strangely I do enjoy helping people, they saw what goes round comes round ... and I share what I have .. so it works well. Ill go set it up now then ........

setting up .....

done! :D

Ta Da! (http://trshady.com/j4y3m/)

[Pm sent with log in info] :)

j4y3m
03-30-2004, 10:13 AM
Thanks. :D

TRshady
03-30-2004, 10:16 AM
No problem ... good luck with it. :)

I was gonna say sign up at the RileysResource forum if you need any help, but ive de-adminned and banned myself so I dont spend so much bloody time there so that'll be pointless. :P

j4y3m
03-30-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by TRshady@30 March 2004 - 10:16
No problem ... good luck with it. :)

I was gonna say sign up at the RileysResource forum if you need any help, but ive de-adminned and banned myself so I dont spend so much bloody time there so that'll be pointless. :P
I'm already a member anyway. :)

Is there any chance I can get FTP acess to the j4y3m folder so I can upload a skin or two or can you do that for me?

Also what is the TOS of your host because I don't want any members breaking any rules.

TRshady
03-30-2004, 10:32 AM
Well the host your forum is on ... well, as long as nothing is too illegal you should be fine. Discussing p2p is fine for example, but no warez links, full nudity etc .. the obvious no no's.

As for ftp:

ftp: ftp.trshady.com
username: [email protected]
password: same as forum

local path, leave blank

Tell me if ya get any probz

j4y3m
03-30-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by TRshady@30 March 2004 - 10:32
Well the host your forum is on ... well, as long as nothing is too illegal you should be fine. Discussing p2p is fine for example, but no warez links, full nudity etc .. the obvious no no's.

As for ftp:

ftp: ftp.trshady.com
username: [email protected]
password: same as forum

local path, leave blank

Tell me if ya get any probz
Okay no problem. Thanks again man. :)

j4y3m
03-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by TRshady@30 March 2004 - 09:23
I could host a forum for you if wanted. Only thing I would like you to do in return is place a link to my site in the header bar ... and to promise to click one google ad a day on my site. :P
I can't find a google ad. :blink: Would you prefer the header link to go to rileysresource or trshady?

TRshady
03-30-2004, 11:07 AM
Yeah mate .. dont worry about the google ads ... just meant add a little link to RileysResource on the forum header. You'll find it in board wrapper, global elements and ... under header, logo links etc. Though no rush ... get the forum secitons and everything else done first. :)

edit: ... lol, I read it wrong .. google ads are in yellow at top of RileysResource .. if ya cant see 'em .. must be because you using norton .. so dont worry. Oh, and the link to RileysResource please :D

j4y3m
04-01-2004, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by TRshady@30 March 2004 - 11:07
Yeah mate .. dont worry about the google ads ... just meant add a little link to RileysResource on the forum header. You'll find it in board wrapper, global elements and ... under header, logo links etc. Though no rush ... get the forum secitons and everything else done first. :)

edit: ... lol, I read it wrong .. google ads are in yellow at top of RileysResource .. if ya cant see 'em .. must be because you using norton .. so dont worry. Oh, and the link to RileysResource please :D
My hosts are blocking them so I'll just turn my hosts off once day to click it. :)

h1
04-02-2004, 05:17 AM
:rolleyes: TRshady, why are you running the server as root?