PDA

View Full Version : Batman Begins

slimboyfatz
03-30-2004, 01:57 PM
Me personally I can't friggin wait..and speaking as a Brit Im so pleased that its a predominately British/European cast..I just think that if Christopher Nolan wants a darker flick (as opposed to Joel Schumachers 'hey im a little gay..im gonna make this camp as hell' last two bat flicks)..he has done the right thing with casting Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Cillian Murphy, Rutger Hauer...its the acting skills involved...us brits can just do darker/moodier better (ok so Michael Keaton was f***in' good...but Val Kilmer & George Clooney?!?! :lol: ).

Hoping that Rutger Hauer gets a good role in this movie, great actor (blade runner, the hitcher) who has made a lot of shit in the past few years..heres hoping that this movie gives him some bigger roles.

Heres a link for the site with the new Bat logo (but thats about it)..

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/

ilw
03-30-2004, 02:42 PM
just read the tiny bit of info at imdb http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372784/
sounds like a good provisional cast: morgan freeman, michael caine, gary oldman, Liam neeson????. Dunno about the director, i didn't particularly like memento and haven't seen the other films. IMDB doesn't say what rating they're aiming for, anything less than a 15 and frankly i'll probably pass. I'm sure it will be darker than the last few (frankly it couldn't be any lighter, shitter or more camp than the last ones), but probably not dark enough imo.

After the last batman films, my expectations are pretty low...

abu_has_the_power
03-30-2004, 02:46 PM
isn't Christian Bale the guy from equilibrium? he's too short and thin to be batman. wtf

RGX
03-30-2004, 03:34 PM
As long as its dark, stylish and with no cheesy bits, ill be very happy and pay my money for it. :)

slimboyfatz
03-30-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@30 March 2004 - 15:46
isn't Christian Bale the guy from equilibrium? he's too short and thin to be batman. wtf
Hey cmon Abu....Michael Keaton was built like a brick-shithouse after all wasn't he??? Keaton was slim and so was Val Kilmer...that body suit they stick em in adds all the build....i think!!

Also just noticed...I forgot about Liam Neeson and Gary Oldman to add to the 90% all Brit cast...the rest of the casting is damn fine as well...Morgan Freeman,Ken Watanabe....i think this movie cannot fail, and rid us of those terrible Schumacher memories!!

judgeofallandnothing
03-30-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@30 March 2004 - 14:46
wtf? he looked so muscular in american psycho

thisiswhoweare
03-31-2004, 12:20 AM
christian bale kicks arse man :D equilibrium was better than reloaded IMO. He fitted well too with the cast in equibirium, even though in shaft he looked kinda scrawny.

Manny Roscoe
03-31-2004, 01:24 AM
I still want an SE of Equilibrium....damn Buna Vista.....

Haz
03-31-2004, 01:24 AM
Ok I haven't been following this too closely but why isn't Halley Berry listed on the credits? Thought she was a piss poor choice for Catwoman to begin with but why isn't she on there. And wtf? Scarecrow? That's the new Batman Villian for this time around? You gotta be kidding.

thisiswhoweare
03-31-2004, 01:33 AM
i hoped they switched halle berry out. Really bad choice IMo to use her.

abu_has_the_power
03-31-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@30 March 2004 - 19:20
christian bale kicks arse man :D equilibrium was better than reloaded IMO. He fitted well too with the cast in equibirium, even though in shaft he looked kinda scrawny.
that movie was weird. a little too impossible. made sense, and the fighting scenes weren't that good. jet li could ass rape that mofo without a gun. lol

thisiswhoweare
03-31-2004, 01:53 AM
the fight scenes were impossible??? have you seen the fight scenes compared to the matrix.....a lot more believeable if you ask me. And considering it was limited to physics, they did pretty well coming up with something unbelievable cool yet still has a chance of being realistic.

You like your ass cracks jokes lol dont ya?

fight scenes werent that good phssh. Definitely one of the better films of last year. Underrated, even though the storyline was only slightly better than avg.

Cheese
03-31-2004, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Haz@31 March 2004 - 00:24
Ok I haven't been following this too closely but why isn't Halley Berry listed on the credits? Thought she was a piss poor choice for Catwoman to begin with but why isn't she on there. And wtf? Scarecrow? That's the new Batman Villian for this time around? You gotta be kidding.
The Catwoman film is a seperate project and has nothing to do with this film.

Also, Scarecrow isn't the only bad guy they are also having R’as Al Ghul in it.

I'm looking forward to this, the director says that he is making a darker film more in keeping with Batman: Year One. I hope they succeed.

Batman 1&2 were enjoyable films, 3&4 need to be pitied.

abu_has_the_power
03-31-2004, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@30 March 2004 - 20:53
the fight scenes were impossible??? have you seen the fight scenes compared to the matrix.....a lot more believeable if you ask me. And considering it was limited to physics, they did pretty well coming up with something unbelievable cool yet still has a chance of being realistic.

fight scenes werent that good phssh. Definitely one of the better films of last year. Underrated, even though the storyline was only slightly better than avg.
if u know me long enough, i like to joke around with monkey balls and ass cracks and momas. and some others.

but u have to admit, jet li would pulverize his ass crack with his bare hands. (horny thoughts, must get rid of horny thoughts :lol:)

thisiswhoweare
03-31-2004, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+31 March 2004 - 01:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 31 March 2004 - 01:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-thisiswhoweare@30 March 2004 - 20:53

if u know me long enough, i like to joke around with monkey balls and ass cracks and momas. and some others.

but u have to admit, jet li would pulverize his ass crack with his bare hands. (horny thoughts, must get rid of horny thoughts :lol:) [/b][/quote]
:rolleyes: your not actually a monkey are you?

Draconos
03-31-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Haz@31 March 2004 - 01:24
Ok I haven&#39;t been following this too closely but why isn&#39;t Halley Berry listed on the credits? Thought she was a piss poor choice for Catwoman to begin with but why isn&#39;t she on there. And wtf? Scarecrow? That&#39;s the new Batman Villian for this time around? You gotta be kidding.
Catwoman has her own movie comming out, unrelated to the Bat-Franchise.

Scarecrow is one of the stapples in Batman, next to the Joker, he&#39;s the ultimate Psycho, with his fear inducing drug, I can see it happening.

Personaly, I think Christian Bale is a baaaaad choise for Batman/Bruce Wain. I dont know who could be better, but any1 is better than Bale

D

Manny Roscoe
03-31-2004, 08:44 AM
I PRESENT TO YOU.....THE BATMOBILE:

Image Resized
[img]http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/img/5BAS0030.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/img/5BAS0030.jpg')
Image Resized
[img]http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/img/5BAS0004.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/img/5BAS0004.jpg')

Proof that its real: the offical site:http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/page.html

And Christan Bale is the fuckin man (after I saw Equilibrium)

abu_has_the_power
03-31-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare+30 March 2004 - 22:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thisiswhoweare @ 30 March 2004 - 22:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@31 March 2004 - 01:25
<!--QuoteBegin-thisiswhoweare@30 March 2004 - 20:53

but u have to admit, jet li would pulverize his ass crack with his bare hands. (horny thoughts, must get rid of horny thoughts :lol:)
:rolleyes: your not actually a monkey are you? [/b][/quote]
no. i&#39;m human, mostly.... (eerie music) :D ;)

slimboyfatz
03-31-2004, 10:44 AM
If thats the Batmobile, then it looks erm....different...but if we are looking back to the earlier days of Batman then it aint gonna be some streamlined, jet fighter type thingy is it??

puk:))
03-31-2004, 06:03 PM
but any1 is better than Bale

thats crap. hes been a great actor ever since he was a kid (empire of the sun)....... & still rocks... (american phycho, equilibrium)... i think this is gonna be a great comic flick (but stil probley nowhere near as good as the first.. maybe they should have got burton back).

slimboyfatz
03-31-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by puk:))@31 March 2004 - 19:03

but any1 is better than Bale

thats crap. hes been a great actor ever since he was a kid (empire of the sun)....... & still rocks... (american phycho, equilibrium)... i think this is gonna be a great comic flick (but stil probley nowhere near as good as the first.. maybe they should have got burton back).
Agree totally...I think he is the perfect actor to play both persona&#39;s well (bruce wayne/batman)...Can people say George Clooney was a good Batman??? F**k, the only reason they got him was because of his chin&#33;&#33;&#33; He looked a right dick as Bruce wayne...

I think Clooney would make a good Judge Dredd, if they ever made another Dredd flick...

Hector
03-31-2004, 07:37 PM
Clooney would&#39;ve made a good ageing Batman if they ever made Dark Knight Returns into a film (obviously NOT directed my Joel Schumacher). :ph34r:

Randomblonde
03-31-2004, 08:29 PM
...I really liked batman forever..................*runs and hides*

ApacNTS
04-02-2004, 07:50 PM
that batmobile looks insane...like a damn tank. i think scarecrow and al ghul could be a good combo actually...better than clayface(too cgi i&#39;d think). got good hopes for this movie. a sidenote i also agree that halle berry was not a good choice for catwoman(this is before i&#39;ve seen the movie, may change mind later) a friend of mine and me both agree michelle p. was the perfect catwoman...and michael keaton will always be batman.