PDA

View Full Version : A 'world Event'

kAb
03-31-2004, 06:21 AM
Reposted here by request of mod.. :huh:

Billy Dean Anderson, white male born July 12, 1934, in Tennessee, was on the FBI's "Ten Most Wanted List" for attempted murder, armed robbery, suspected bank robbery, jail escape and as a wanted fugitive. Subject's medical records showed lower extremities below the knees were paralyzed, with the only movement in his toes. He used crutches to aid in his mobility. On August 6, 1974, Anderson escaped from the maximum security section of the Morgan County Jail, Wartburg, TN where he was being held for assault with the intent to commit first degree murder. Billy Dean Anderson was shot and killed on July 7, 1979, at Pall Mall, TN near his Mother's home.

http://foia.fbi.gov/andersonb.htm

Was he really a criminal? He's freakin paralyzed, how could he escape jail & rob banks with paralyzed legs??

Discuss.

Busyman
03-31-2004, 06:34 AM
http://chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/whocares.jpg

kAb
03-31-2004, 06:37 AM
Please do not spam this thread. I am genuinly puzzled in how this paralyzed man escaped a maximum security prison.

Busyman
03-31-2004, 06:40 AM
1. He had help

2. He wasn't "really" paralyzed.

OK?

Maybe ang will help keep the thread alive and post his thoughts then you can respond.

Maybe till we get mmm 8 responses (including mine).

Hopefully someone (in a week or so) will have a link confirming how he escaped. :D

kAb
03-31-2004, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@30 March 2004 - 23:40
1. He had help

2. He wasn't "really" paralyzed.

OK?
So why did medical records say he was?

Faked?

Then there is the question of his insecurity. He ran to his mom's house where he was supposedly shot. Very strange.

ang3968
03-31-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@31 March 2004 - 16:40

Maybe ang will help keep the thread alive and post his thoughts then you can respond.

I grew a dick??? :o

well hells bells..... :blink:

h1
03-31-2004, 07:21 AM
:-" Can't imagine why a mod wanted this topic here...

:o My sig just got fux0rd!

Bowen747x
03-31-2004, 02:29 PM
EDIT: here is a pretty good answer 4 your question kAb... by the way, this is not a fact but my own opinion so please dont quote me :P "post number8"

in todays world of modern medical achievents, we now know that when a person is paralyised, it is due to damage in their spine, where the spine is damaged, is where the person can no longer move, including all the way down.

which means that if he was really paralyised, it would have been at the bottom of his spine(the tail bone maybe?)and if this is true, he would definitly not beable 2 move his toes 4 any reason. doctors prob tested his legs by touching them and asking if he felt it or asking him to walk. thats not hard 2 fake. im sure he did have help 2 escape jail and thinking about the years he did this in, i dont think his "miraculous" activites r all that strange or challenging ;)

j2k4
03-31-2004, 03:54 PM
I would guess he was blessed with a surfeit of ingenuity.

I'm sure, being "paralyzed", he was able to rely on a degree of laxity exhibited by his captors.

Humans can be so creative, especially the handicapped. ;)

mrm0925
11-29-2007, 11:18 PM
well actually he was partially paralized he could walk it was just hard for him. He used a stick as a cane. He became partially paralized because of a shooting in 1960 where Trooper J.C. Elmore shot him after he shot Trooper Steve Webb. I tried to attach the newspaper article to this for you but I dont know if it worked.
ps he is my grandpa

clocker
11-29-2007, 11:51 PM
Really?

This would pretty much define "serendipity" if so...

bigboab
11-30-2007, 07:59 AM
The stuff that folk heroes are made out of. providing the folk are themselves criminals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Dean_Anderson

P.S. There are rumours that he is still alive and living in Oz.:whistling