View Full Version : Can't Miss Movie Ideas

Busyman
03-31-2004, 07:14 AM
Rising Stars

comic book by the writer of Babylon 5.

Epic comic book = epic movie

Easily at least a trilogy.

Spiderman with his black costume.

At least make 2 movies with this before having Venom enter the picture.
Have him get the costume from a meteor or something at the end of a movie. (kind of hard to tie in Secret Wars)

Sow seeds of discontent within Eddie Brock (at the newspaper) during the black costume tenure. Spidey will fight some new villain during this time as well. Sandman would be one excellent choice (Special effects baby!!!). Spidey will also be a little more brutal but won't know why.

Have Spidey get the costume off (sound blast) at the end of the movie right before the movie with Venom. (actually show the costume crawling away as the movie goes off). Introduce Cletus Kassidy as a character during this movie (in insane asylum)

When Spidey "beats" Venom, have a piece of the Venom costume, crawl off and go into an insane asylum.

After the Venom/Spidey movie have one more movie then introduce Carnage (from the insane asylum). This would have excellent special effects (Carnage changes his costume to make stabbing weapons).

3RA1N1AC
03-31-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@30 March 2004 - 23:14

Have him get the costume from a meteor or something at the end of a movie. (kind of hard to tie in Secret Wars)
the problem is that no matter how good a sequel idea sounds on paper... with very few exceptions the longer a movie series runs, the greater the chance that the next sequel will totally suck. most series reach fullblown suckness by "Part 3." Halloween Part 3? Robocop Part 3? even The Godfather Part 3? it's like some kind of secret rule in hollywood, that the first sequel is allowed to be anywhere from decent to great, but the second sequel almost always has to be terrible.

if the black costume and Venom are going to appear in a good Spider-Man movie, they need to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak... instead of wait till fans get bored of Spider-Man, turn it into one of those low budget direct-to-home-video franchises, and then toss a really pitiful version of Venom into the mix.

Busyman
03-31-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+31 March 2004 - 05:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC &#064; 31 March 2004 - 05:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@30 March 2004 - 23:14

the problem is that no matter how good a sequel idea sounds on paper... with very few exceptions the longer a movie series runs, the greater the chance that the next sequel will totally suck. most series reach fullblown suckness by "Part 3." Halloween Part 3? Robocop Part 3? even The Godfather Part 3? it&#39;s like some kind of secret rule in hollywood, that the first sequel is allowed to be anywhere from decent to great, but the second sequel almost always has to be terrible.

if the black costume and Venom are going to appear in a good Spider-Man movie, they need to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak... instead of wait till fans get bored of Spider-Man, turn it into one of those direct-to-home-video franchises, and then toss a really pitiful version of Venom into the mix. [/b][/quote]
Well the way I propose it would make it stay interesting.

Look at what happened to Batman and Robin.
How many fucking villains were in that movie and used horribly.

Bane&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

He&#39;s supposed to break Batman&#39;s back.

Venom will make Spiderman interesting, not the other way around.

If folks are interested in Doc Ock then Venom can wait until after the Sandman.
He&#39;s interesting enough.

The thing is if it&#39;s a suck ass movie, there&#39;s no getting around it.

One main problem is Hollywood loves to bring in "their guy" to change the movie TOO much from a great comic story.

I have a feeling we won&#39;t ever see the black costume. Probably just start off with Venom from a lab accident. See what I mean. <_<

The advantage comics have is that the stories that sold well ....well....they sold well or were critically acclaimed. People already bought into the story.
Keep the comic stories intact. It&#39;s much better. :D

Remember the Spiderman clone saga. Didn&#39;t work as a comic and probably wouldn&#39;t work as a movie.
The Death of Superman?
Not a top choice for scripting.

3RA1N1AC
03-31-2004, 09:30 AM
yeah, batman is a good example of what goes wrong in a lot of series. hardly any director worth his salt is willing to stay on a series for more than one sequel. by then, he wants to move on to bigger, better, and different things. then the studio execs come in and they don&#39;t wanna shell out the kind of money that&#39;s required to get decent talent, effects, locations, etc.... and they don&#39;t understand that the reason the first movie was successful was because it was weird and different, so they hire some no-name director and tell him to follow the formula and don&#39;t do anything too unusual unless he wants to get fired.

i say... if the black costume & Venom are going to appear in the series, they should get it all done in Part 3, &#39;cause there&#39;s no way Part 4 is gonna be any good. the alien parasite thing arrives at the beginning of the movie on a meteorite or maybe it hitches a ride on a NASA mission that&#39;s returning from space. then they do a brief segment where it latches onto Spider-Man and some kewl stuff happens, maybe Kraven can be the bad guy in the first half of the movie, along with the Eddie Brock back-story running at the same time. then by the about the 45-minute mark, Eddie&#39;s turned into Venom and the rest of the movie is Spider-Man vs Venom. they could easily fit all of that into one movie, without fucking it up, imho. :)

3RA1N1AC
03-31-2004, 09:54 AM
oh, and while Venom had been incredibly cool at one time, Carnage was just lame. comic writers seem compelled to follow a tradition of just replacing old characters with new characters who are almost exactly the same, except completely gayed up. "okay, Venom is going to be a hero now... so allow us to present, Venom 2.0: The Xtreemly Lame Version Who Can&#39;t Stop Blabbing About What A Badass Crazy Serial Killer He Is. oh, sorry, i meant, Carnage&#33;&#33;"

Busyman
03-31-2004, 10:04 AM
Allll of that in one movie......WHOA&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Did you notice how the Green Goblin II will come about?

Harry Osborn. The son.

See where I&#39;m getting at.

Most people want to see Venom now because they are pressed to see Venom..well...now.

What happened to Spiderman having the costume, trying it out for the first time, noticing his change (wanting to kill people), trying to figure out how to get it off.

Now have him do all of that while fighting a new villian.

Let&#39;s say he&#39;s fighting Electro in the movie. Previously in the movie Spidey might have caught some bank robbers or something but instead of just subdueing them, beat them up a liiiiittle too much.
You can have Electro so something like try to kill Aunt May or at least put her life in danger. When Spidey is finally triumphant, he actually tries to kill him. In Spidey&#39;s confusion Aunt May yells something bad at Spidey (remember she thinks Spidey is bad too) and he comes to his senses. This is where, I guess he&#39;s been figuring this out during the movie, he soundblasts the costume and a horrific thing snaps at him and scurries away. You can have it drop onto Eddie Brock at the end with Eddie screaming. And then pan away, maybe zooming out from his apartment or alley (not seeing him anymore).

Then you hear Eddie say "I hate Peter Parker, I hate Spiderman".
"I hate Peter Parker, I hate Spiderman".

Then the voice gradually changes deeper and more horrifying,
"We hAte PeTeR PaRkEr, We HaTe SpIdErMaN" , "We hAte PeTeR PaRkEr, We HaTe SpIdErMaN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;"

Movie end.

3RA1N1AC
03-31-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@31 March 2004 - 02:04
What happened to Spiderman having the costume, trying it out for the first time, noticing his change (wanting to kill people), trying to figure out how to get it off.
i never thought that "Spider-Man&#39;s alien costume" story was nearly as good as the Venom story. that&#39;s sort of what i meant by "kewl stuff happens." in a movie, i&#39;d prefer them to skim through that part by flash-forwarding and squishing the timeline a bit. just treat it as an explanation of how Venom comes into existence, more of a stepping stone. Venom deserves a lot more screen-time than the "Spider-Man&#39;s alien costume" thing, imho. i think a good script-writer could totally get it done without making it seem rushed. :01:

Busyman
03-31-2004, 10:57 AM
My point is the costume is merely an interesting backdrop.

He still has the villian to deal with.

If you do Venom now though. What later?

My way has some longevity to it and follows the comic more.

There&#39;s no need to squish the timeline. What&#39;s the rush? Just to see Venom...faster?

I think that&#39;s partly what happened with Batman and Robin.

If Hollywood would follow the comic more, they wouldn&#39;t have to come up with so much of "their" own story...it&#39;s already there and the license is already paid for..USE IT.

Again the Alien Costume isn&#39;t the actual basis for the movie.

bujub22
03-31-2004, 01:29 PM
[QUOTE]Spiderman with his black costume.

that would be pretty good if they kept to the comic

but i rather see terminater vs robocop or something, jus like i can&#39;t wait to see alien vs predatar.

Adster
03-31-2004, 02:30 PM
thats Hollywood for ya

bujub22
03-31-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Adster@31 March 2004 - 10:30
thats Hollywood for ya
:angry: yes they love playin wid my emotions :angry: :lol:

Busyman
04-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Batman - Knightfall
leading to AzraelBatman
leading to a fight between the old and new Batman

Very risky but I guess we need to wait and see how the current project with Christian Bale works out because this would be a big change to Batman.

Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic -

use the comic books

Star Wars - The Thrawn Trilogy

If you read the books, you&#39;d swear it was made to be a Star Wars movie.
An alien Imperial commander was still left after ROTJ and tries to reform the Empire. You would get to see Kashyyk, Chewie&#39;s homeworld.

Star Wars New Jedi Order -

The problem here would be casting Luke, Leia, and Han.
Luke is married to Mara Jade. Leia and Han are married with twins, Jaina and Jacen, and their youngest son Anakin Solo.
The Yuuzhan Vong are an excellent antagonist. They hate technology and everything they use is living. Their weapons, ships; they even use a crawley thing called an ooglith masquer.

They put it on their face and it morphs to look like another person. They have something similiar for breathing underwater. They have a staff weapon that actually is like a snake...it just stiffens in a fight.

This is also the series where Chewie dies. Jacen, Han&#39;s son, leaves him on a planet about to be destroyed (he had to leave btw) and Han was pissssed with him (obviously).

The Force has no effect on them also. They like pain and scar their face as sort of ritual (the more scars the more powerful). They remind me of Klingons.

Star Wars Crimson Empire-

About the Crimson Guard (the guys in red near the emperor). Would a good TV movie. (hopefully not like the old Star Wars specials :x :x )

The main problem with all of these would be the timeline.

Busyman
04-01-2004, 10:50 PM
edit.

Busyman
04-12-2004, 02:57 AM
Since this is the last season for the Sopranos they should start making movies for the big screen.

Mafia movies almost always work and the series already has a loyal following. ;)

bujub22
04-12-2004, 02:59 AM
:lol: :lol: a simpsons movie would be kida good??

Busyman
04-12-2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by bujub22@11 April 2004 - 22:59
:lol: :lol: a simpsons movie would be kida good??
......since the series is in limbo. The voice actors are holding out for more money.

Busyman
07-05-2004, 10:39 PM
edit