PDA

View Full Version : P.c Is Fucked!

Expire
03-31-2004, 06:31 PM
for some reoson now and again my screen goes blank, just leaving the desktop picture, plus my p.c IS slower. <_<

now, i know this isent a virus or spyware adaware ect coz ive scanned my p.c with nav 2004, adaware and spybot which are all up to date ive even done a full online scan for everything. ive defraged , ive scaned for bad clusters and its still fucked, just wtf. :angry:

i dont know if im out of my leage with this one or what, so if anyones got ANY views on this plz plz post me. cheers. ;)

Chewie
03-31-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Expire@31 March 2004 - 18:31
for some reoson now and again my screen goes blank, just leaving the desktop picture, plus my p.c IS slower.
So does your screen go blank or do you see the desktop wallpaper? Which is it?

When does it do this? How long after booting? Is it a random time before it happens? Does it do it after a certain time using a certain program? Does it happen when the screensaver kicks in? Does it happen a certain time after the screensaver has kicked in?

What hardware do you have?

Questions, questions... please give as much information as possible - anything you can think of, not just answers to these questions.

harrycary
04-01-2004, 01:02 AM
No doubt. More info.

Which O/S are you running?

How much memory do you have?

Maybe some of your programs aren&#39;t releasing memory when you close them.

How are your system resources?

peace.

Robert00000
04-01-2004, 01:11 AM
another thing are there any processes running in the background when it becomes slower, i.e. any hard drive activity?

When left unattended the screensaver comes on and windows carries out certain maintenace tasks.

LTJBukem
04-01-2004, 02:05 AM
Sounds like explorer is crashing:-

- It is possibly a problem with the connection of your hard drive.
- Update all drivers including your motherboards, and also directx.
- Check your internal fans aren&#39;t choked with dust, and that the cpu heatsink isn&#39;t hot to touch.

delphin460
04-01-2004, 02:23 AM
yup its def a program like explorer or something crashing and your o/s is trying to fix the crash

Expire
04-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by LTJBukem@1 April 2004 - 02:05
Sounds like explorer is crashing:-

- It is possibly a problem with the connection of your hard drive.
- Update all drivers including your motherboards, and also directx.
- Check your internal fans aren&#39;t choked with dust, and that the cpu heatsink isn&#39;t hot to touch.
ur right, i do get the error msg saying internet explorer has encounted a problem and has to shut ect. ill do the 3 things now and repost u.

cheers

Marius24
04-01-2004, 04:47 PM
i have this problem quite often with explorer.exe crashing. It used to do it to me when i restarted my pc <_< I just reinstalled windows :)

i think to get it back up you must press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and start a new task called explorer.exe

Expire
04-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Chewie UK+31 March 2004 - 21:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chewie UK @ 31 March 2004 - 21:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Expire@31 March 2004 - 18:31
for some reoson now and again my screen goes blank, just leaving the desktop picture, plus my p.c IS slower.
So does your screen go blank or do you see the desktop wallpaper? Which is it?

When does it do this? How long after booting? Is it a random time before it happens? Does it do it after a certain time using a certain program? Does it happen when the screensaver kicks in? Does it happen a certain time after the screensaver has kicked in?

What hardware do you have?

Questions, questions... please give as much information as possible - anything you can think of, not just answers to these questions. [/b][/quote]
well, like i said it leaves the desktop picture but my hardware is standard onboard graphics and shit but a fast computer, i have a 40 gig h.d that isent half full 2040 odd of ram ddr, when it goes blank when i input a command, not all the time but even simple things like opening a folder and the h.d is working overtime when this happens?

put it this way it just shouldent b doing it for the modle it is?

Expire
04-01-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Marius24@1 April 2004 - 16:47
i have this problem quite often with explorer.exe crashing. It used to do it to me when i restarted my pc <_< I just reinstalled windows :)

i think to get it back up you must press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and start a new task called explorer.exe
handy, ;) but im not reinstalling windows man, im sick of doing that :angry:

ive had my p.c around a year and half and ive wiped it about 5 times, its pain in the fuckinarse man <_<