PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever.........

JONNO_CELEBS
03-31-2004, 06:58 PM
And take a look around?.......Watch the world go by when you are totally motionless, free of all thought and just observing? (You're welcome to joke about voyarism :rolleyes: )
I did today, just watched.

People are funny, you see 1 guy walking a dog, behind him is a girl on the phone, cars driving past, down the road a child falls over and grazes it's knee, people look and at that moment I wondered what those people looking were thinking.
The guy with the dog, the girl on the phone, 2 lads on skateboards, an old lady in a battery car, a guy on a pushbike all viewed this and were all looking and concentrating on the same thing, a small insignificant event, as far as I know none of these people knew each other, yet they were all thinking the same thought process......I thought to myself "You silly cow, fancy letting a kid walk road side of a pavement".....and then I noticed all these people and wondered what they are thinking.

In fact I'm wondering what you guys are thinking while reading this.

Everyone has a different thought process and a different sense of consiousness.

This is what makes the world different, it is the reason for laughter and fighting, it's the thing that determans how long something will last, anger, happiness etc.

Just stop sometimes and take a look around.

This is a weird world and the only thing in it that makes sense is madness.

Jonno B)

Peerzy
03-31-2004, 07:00 PM
Mods, this guy needs his IP checked im sure this is Internet.news spreading teh love. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marius24
03-31-2004, 07:01 PM
i do it all the time! I just sit and watch the world go by... :)

DanB
03-31-2004, 07:02 PM
I am thinking:

http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/wtf.gif

Only joking, I know what you mean. Its even better when your stoned cos then you get really strangethoughts about them all looking at you :ph34r:

namzuf9
03-31-2004, 07:05 PM
Whenever I have a bad day I like to do this. I like to look around and realise that I'm not alone in the world and everyone I look at has thier own set of problems in the great merry-go-round of life.

Its even better in the summer what with short skirts and low tops :D

NikkiD
03-31-2004, 07:06 PM
I used to do that a lot when I worked downtown Toronto. A friend and I used to sit outside the office on lunch and watch people walk by, sometimes make up life stories for them based on what they were wearing/doing at the time.

I tried to do this once with my boyfriend, but with his loud booming voice people would overhear his observations. This nearly came to a head when he loudly said "women should not wear white pants with black thongs" and he nearly got hit with a purse. :lol:

JONNO_CELEBS
03-31-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by danb@31 March 2004 - 19:02
Its even better when your stoned cos then you get really strangethoughts about them all looking at you :ph34r:
:rolleyes: Have a smoke and read my post again Dan......you'll understand then :lol:

@Peez...... :lol: :lol:

@Marius24......Good init?.....Just to sit and wonder and watch :)

Jonno B)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-31-2004, 07:10 PM
;) You guys are crazy.You mean actually go outside and watch the World?You can have it!I hate People.And sorry guys but most of you do not like Society either.Or you would not be hanging out on this Forum as much as you do.

We are not part of their kind.

We are loners.Drifters in a modern age.

vidcc
03-31-2004, 07:11 PM
where i live all i would be doing is watching cars drive by...the only pedestrians are tourists :lol:

jetje
03-31-2004, 07:14 PM
sitting on the stairs at the "Sacre Couer" (cathedral) at "Montmartre" (very famous for all the art/artists) is one of the nicest things i can think of. Always crowded musicians, tourists french people, it comes and goes. If it's a bit sunny i can sit there all day :)

Image Resized
Image Resized
http://p.vtourist.com/955242.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> (http://p.vtourist.com/955242.jpg)

[i]Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
And sorry guys but most of you do not like Society either.Or you would not be hanging out on this Forum as much as you do.

well a laptop with gprs does work from there too, you didn't think i would leave home without it :lol:

JONNO_CELEBS
03-31-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@31 March 2004 - 19:10
;) You guys are crazy.You mean actually go outside and watch the World?You can have it!I hate People.And sorry guys but most of you do not like Society either.Or you would not be hanging out on this Forum as much as you do.

I was inside FC :rolleyes: :lol:

Just looking out the window with my acoustic guitar on my knee, a mind empty of all thoughts and just............I dunno, just lost for a few minutes inside my own mind :)

I like that, I'm gonna nick it :lol:

Jonno B)

Edit @ Jetje......I've done that, quite a few years ago but just sat there for about an hour just watching while mum and dad and sister were talking about paintings or some shit, I was just watching life happening around me :)
Crowded places are good :)

atiVidia
03-31-2004, 07:16 PM
i did that yesterday while i was in was in washington D.C.

i watched a guy and his g/f (too young to be married it seems) cruising thru the cherryblossoms on bikes. there was also a dog scratching a cherry blossom tree (animal control tranquilized it... it was apparently rabid). there was also a couple making out... the security never caught them. if i was a guard i would have goten them for public indecency... i also saw a guy taking pictures of himself in front ofa group of girls... stud wannabe i guess...

JONNO_CELEBS
03-31-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@31 March 2004 - 19:06
he nearly got hit with a purse. :lol:
I do that when I get pissed and try to watch people :rolleyes:
Once said "I can smell your c..." to a girl while she was with her b/f :ph34r: He shouted at me :ph34r:

@All......See the response, you mean I actually hit a nerve? :)

Jonno B)

Skweeky
03-31-2004, 07:22 PM
Oh snap Jetje!

I remember sitting there when I was 16 with my mates. Sharing a bottle of wine, everyone was singing and making jokes and I was leaning back and watching the whole thing, It felt great.

A few days ago I went to the beach, sat down in the dunes and listened to some Pearl Jam, watching the world go by. I was nearly crying because it felt so right ( I get that a lot lately :huh: ) It's great watching people on the beach. Kids collecting shells, couples going for a romantic walk in the evening, people letting their dogs out...

Afronaut
03-31-2004, 07:23 PM
Its a bit funny here, I live in a small town, I've been in contact with about 90%
of them, (perhaps) and mostly i try to remember where and when i've met these people.

:lol:

(usual answer is in the pub)

Im getting a bit too Anti-Social for my own good I guess,
need to go out more.
Nah, my activies "outside" are usually very brief, i dont like crowded places.
Except the pub sometimes, but thats when im drunk and... you know.

;)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-31-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+31 March 2004 - 14:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS &#064; 31 March 2004 - 14:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@31 March 2004 - 19:10
;) You guys are crazy.You mean actually go outside and watch the World?You can have it&#33;I hate People.And sorry guys but most of you do not like Society either.Or you would not be hanging out on this Forum as much as you do.

I was inside FC :rolleyes: :lol:

I like that, I&#39;m gonna nick it :lol:

Jonno B)

[/b][/quote]
:lol:

DarthInsinuate
03-31-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by atiVidia@31 March 2004 - 19:16
i did that yesterday while i was in was in washington D.C.

i watched a guy and his g/f (too young to be married it seems) cruising thru the cherryblossoms on bikes. there was also a dog scratching a cherry blossom tree (animal control tranquilized it... it was apparently rabid). there was also a couple making out... the security never caught them. if i was a guard i would have goten them for public indecency... i also saw a guy taking pictures of himself in front ofa group of girls... stud wannabe i guess...
how neurotic....i mean erotic

RGX
03-31-2004, 07:55 PM
Im off in my own little world most of the time, I like to just sit back and watch people focus on tiny little insignificant things......reminds you how most people dont even notice the beautiful world around them, too busy in an endless quest for money and power. Helps you appreciate life in whole new ways.

JONNO_CELEBS
03-31-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by RGX@31 March 2004 - 19:55
appreciate life in whole new ways.
Exactly RGX :D

Wish I had just put that in the first place :rolleyes:

Jonno B)

bigboab
03-31-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by RGX@31 March 2004 - 19:55
Im off in my own little world most of the time, I like to just sit back and watch people focus on tiny little insignificant things......reminds you how most people dont even notice the beautiful world around them, too busy in an endless quest for money and power. Helps you appreciate life in whole new ways.
I love to sit at the cross of my home town on a nice sunny day and watch people. They fascinate me. I see beauty in everything I look at. Being aesthetic is a gift to enjoy. :)

P.S. An aesthetic is a gas.

NikkiD
03-31-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@31 March 2004 - 15:42
P.S. An aesthetic is a gas.
http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/rimshot.gif

Gemby!
03-31-2004, 09:10 PM
i do - i esp remember the dude in a batery car thingy and his leg was in air and he was scratching it - i was thinkign wtf &#33;&#33;&#33; :huh:

Yogi
03-31-2004, 09:30 PM
"Stop-mode" is my lifestyle.

Seeing what&#39;s going on; eye for the small wonders of the world, it&#39;s sheer magic.

I try to see details in the big picture.

However my feelings for humanity are not too positive, i find a lot of positive things

when i look around. Not blinding myself for the shit this world is in, but grazing the

miracles of life and all it&#39;s assets.

Yogi

Gemby!
03-31-2004, 09:40 PM
does this count if you make something funny outta nothing ? or is that just crazy ?

BigBoo
03-31-2004, 10:11 PM
hahaa. everyone does it. :D

the otherr day i was walking down the streetand for pretty much everything i saw was reeminding me how diifferent from animals. i was looking at buildings thinkiingg "we i4nvented t4hoose, nothing else can make them"

JONNO_CELEBS
03-31-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by gemby&#33;@31 March 2004 - 21:40
does this count if you make something funny outta nothing ? or is that just crazy ?
I refer you to the bottom of my original post :)

This is a weird world and the only thing in it that makes sense is madness.

:)

Jonno B)

bigboab
03-31-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@31 March 2004 - 22:36
I refer you to the bottom of my original post :)

That is a change from the original post of your bottom. :lol: :lol: